The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mental health idea...

Idea threads

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
Hey guys, I suspect you don't know who I am (be grateful for it) but my name is Jack and I'm currently 16 years old. Im not going to blabber on but I've taken what I know, where I see problems and how I can address them into a couple of business ideas. Please help me evaluate them and pick one to do. I've got previous experience with swing trading and make the occasional short film for fun, but both of these are unreliable income and I'm looking to build a tree to support me once I am out of school and into a world of expenses.

Some Ideas
The mental health blueprint - a guide for teenagers to improve mental health and get clarity (this would be free, I have the humanity to not charge for this)

Receive professional information on investment funds without consulting with a financial advisor. This could be done without a license if you strictly compare the information contained on the 3rd parties website

A workout program for busy people who don’t have the time to get into the gym but still want to live healthier and happier lives. This could either be sold in the form of an e-book, informational product or as an email newsletter to get better control over the audience.

Writing summaries of key books and combining them into one topic (such as weightlifting, time management etc).

An email newsletter proving my weekly advanced technical analysis of crypto markets.

Website for email newsletters and social media influencers to set up the infrastructure to charge for advertising.

A pay per view platform for content creators who want to release exclusive content and get better monetization than adsense.

A phone call system to help at-home elderly citizens get support for activities they wouldn't be able to do (lawn care, tech support), this would operate through one central phone number and automatically redirect to businesses that would pay per lead.

A organic marketing system for targeting the right people with the right offer, with the exact steps to build a profitable and evergreen organic marketing system.

The smile project, an experiment documented on youtube to see how many smiles I can get in an hour, I could try heaps of different ideas to make others happy and monetize with an email list.

Distribution methods I am very good at:
Organic marketing via online forums and subreddits
Youtube marketing
Cross-collaborations with existing brands (eg: influencer deals, mailing list cross promotions)

I'm really grateful you took the time to read/comment to this thread and have a blessed day

Jack

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

izajjj

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 20, 2022
The mental health blueprint - a guide for teenagers to improve mental health and get clarity (this would be free, I have the humanity to not charge for this)

I obviously can't choose for you but with the current skill set you've listed I think this is a no brainer. You're 16 and already on a self improvement journey, you're going to keep advancing month after month so you only have to pass on the little nuggets of information you're learning to your audience.

Just give, give and give without expectation and stay consistent (post weekly, multiple times if you can) with actual good content. Over the years you're going to attract people that are similar to you and will want to buy whatever it is you'll be selling.

The Game w/ Alex Hormozi is a good podcast that talks a lot about personal branding.

Hope I've helped a little bit and best of luck brother.

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
I obviously can't choose for you but with the current skill set you've listed I think this is a no brainer. You're 16 and already on a self improvement journey, you're going to keep advancing month after month so you only have to pass on the little nuggets of information you're learning to your audience.

Just give, give and give without expectation and stay consistent (post weekly, multiple times if you can) with actual good content. Over the years you're going to attract people that are similar to you and will want to buy whatever it is you'll be selling.

The Game w/ Alex Hormozi is a good podcast that talks a lot about personal branding.

Hope I've helped a little bit and best of luck brother.
This did help a lot and I like the longer term perspective <3

izajjj

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 20, 2022
This did help a lot and I like the longer term perspective <3
Glad I could help man.

Just make sure you start planting seeds TODAY, because the time is going to pass either way.

Don't look back in 2 years on 24/06/2024 and be filled with regret (the pain is immense, I know from experience).

Happy Friday brother, you're gonna crush it.

ethan34

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 21, 2022
Some Ideas
The mental health space has been corrupted on YouTube by a ton of gurus who sell some $500 course. No bs mental health advice is very rare, and if you were to combine that with great YouTube videos, I believe you'd do very well.

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
Glad I could help man.

Just make sure you start planting seeds TODAY, because the time is going to pass either way.

Don't look back in 2 years on 24/06/2024 and be filled with regret (the pain is immense, I know from experience).

Happy Friday brother, you're gonna crush it.
beautiful words of motivation, respect it brother <3

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
The mental health space has been corrupted on YouTube by a ton of gurus who sell some $500 course. No bs mental health advice is very rare, and if you were to combine that with great YouTube videos, I believe you'd do very well.
Have you heard of hamza, he has really helped me out a lot and is crushing it in that space!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Kids need to be hit by their parents and taught to not be giant pussies. They need a weights set, a kick in the a$$, and some cool role models. Not a limp-wristed therapist to make them a bigger pussy.

Receive professional information on investment funds without consulting with a financial advisor. This could be done without a license if you strictly compare the information contained on the 3rd parties website
Licensed or not, you don't know how to make money. "Which investment fund to pick" is all complete bullshit anyways.

A workout program for busy people who don’t have the time to get into the gym but still want to live healthier and happier lives. This could either be sold in the form of an e-book, informational product or as an email newsletter to get better control over the audience.
You could sell something like this, but it's the same way people buy packs of gum at the gas station, it's in front of them at the time and that's the reason they bought it. It's not something that can't be easily solved with a google search anyways. It's not a real problem you would be solving unless you could find a way to get people off their a$$ and do some pushups. The only way to sell more bullshit fitness plans is to be famous and monetize your fame the same way influencers sell merchandise on their instagram page.

An email newsletter proving my weekly advanced technical analysis of crypto markets.
You'll need a tik tok account, a perm, drive an infiniti g35, and make 'day in the life of a crypto trader' video and live at home with your parents.

Website for email newsletters and social media influencers to set up the infrastructure to charge for advertising.
explain more about this, could be helpful

A pay per view platform for content creators who want to release exclusive content and get better monetization than adsense.
like only fans? Could be cool.

A phone call system to help at-home elderly citizens get support for activities they wouldn't be able to do (lawn care, tech support), this would operate through one central phone number and automatically redirect to businesses that would pay per lead.
Try it. I think you will quickly realize you hate old people and you won't want to help them anymore after how entitled and cheap they are. But maybe I'm wrong.

A organic marketing system for targeting the right people with the right offer, with the exact steps to build a profitable and evergreen organic marketing system.
You will think about this for a long time before it finally hits you that you're trying to basically build another social media site that advertises, or a data collection/broker company.

The smile project, an experiment documented on youtube to see how many smiles I can get in an hour, I could try heaps of different ideas to make others happy and monetize with an email list.
sounds like a video idea, not a channel idea, and much less a business idea.

Youtube marketing
Cross-collaborations with existing brands (eg: influencer deals, mailing list cross promotions)
if that is the case what evidence do you have of being very good at it? Have you brought in lots of traffic or money from any of these methods?

With all that said, you should do something because if you go start a shitty fitness plan business you'll learn about building websites, funnels and putting out content. You'll learn to edit videos, design an ebook, etc.

Then, when you go build a platform for influencers, you'll learn about online payment processing, building a database and connecting it to the front end of a website, etc.

Then, when you do something else in 5 years that's different than any of the things you mentioned, you'll be a seasoned veteran and will be 50x more effective.

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
Youtube marketing
You got some tough love from Johnny, and he's right on the money. Of course, it's not the validation you may be seeking when you first post this, but it is every thing you need to consider before moving forward.

If you are an expert at the things you say you are, then just go and do it. Stop seeking advice, or rather permission from people who are not in the same shoes as you. We don't know how you think. We don't know your obsessions. We don't know your drives. Perhaps some people replying to this may even be limited by their past experiences. Who knows.

TRUST YOURSELF.

There are many threads on here diligently documenting the personal brand journey, go and read them up! Those should be the advice you are looking for.

Nothing we say should encourage or discourage you from moving in the direction you chose to in the first place. Your idea can be worth millions, but you won't be able to cash a cent if you choose to not do something about it and dream of it. At the end of the day, it bubbles down to how strongly you believe in yourself, trust your vision, and actually build the vision out in reality.

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
Kids need to be hit by their parents and taught to not be giant pussies. They need a weights set, a kick in the a$$, and some cool role models. Not a limp-wristed therapist to make them a bigger pussy.

Licensed or not, you don't know how to make money. "Which investment fund to pick" is all complete bullshit anyways.

You could sell something like this, but it's the same way people buy packs of gum at the gas station, it's in front of them at the time and that's the reason they bought it. It's not something that can't be easily solved with a google search anyways. It's not a real problem you would be solving unless you could find a way to get people off their a$$ and do some pushups. The only way to sell more bullshit fitness plans is to be famous and monetize your fame the same way influencers sell merchandise on their instagram page.

You'll need a tik tok account, a perm, drive an infiniti g35, and make 'day in the life of a crypto trader' video and live at home with your parents.

explain more about this, could be helpful

like only fans? Could be cool.

Try it. I think you will quickly realize you hate old people and you won't want to help them anymore after how entitled and cheap they are. But maybe I'm wrong.

You will think about this for a long time before it finally hits you that you're trying to basically build another social media site that advertises, or a data collection/broker company.

sounds like a video idea, not a channel idea, and much less a business idea.

if that is the case what evidence do you have of being very good at it? Have you brought in lots of traffic or money from any of these methods?

With all that said, you should do something because if you go start a shitty fitness plan business you'll learn about building websites, funnels and putting out content. You'll learn to edit videos, design an ebook, etc.

Then, when you go build a platform for influencers, you'll learn about online payment processing, building a database and connecting it to the front end of a website, etc.

Then, when you do something else in 5 years that's different than any of the things you mentioned, you'll be a seasoned veteran and will be 50x more effective.
i made like 6k or 7k from reddit, which is scrap for you bigger players but quite a bit for a 16 year old
and I made $20,000 from trading :)
I was thinking the fitness route cause I do bodybuilding in the younger divisions
And cheers for the great advice bro

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
You got some tough love from Johnny, and he's right on the money. Of course, it's not the validation you may be seeking when you first post this, but it is every thing you need to consider before moving forward.

If you are an expert at the things you say you are, then just go and do it. Stop seeking advice, or rather permission from people who are not in the same shoes as you. We don't know how you think. We don't know your obsessions. We don't know your drives. Perhaps some people replying to this may even be limited by their past experiences. Who knows.

TRUST YOURSELF.

There are many threads on here diligently documenting the personal brand journey, go and read them up! Those should be the advice you are looking for.

Nothing we say should encourage or discourage you from moving in the direction you chose to in the first place. Your idea can be worth millions, but you won't be able to cash a cent if you choose to not do something about it and dream of it. At the end of the day, it bubbles down to how strongly you believe in yourself, trust your vision, and actually build the vision out in reality.
cheers brother, i'll trust my instincts and now pursue what i really wanted to pursue without seeking validation. I'll close this thread and start working :)
Hopefully that little reply you wrote will snowball into great things :)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
i made like 6k or 7k from reddit, which is scrap for you bigger players but quite a bit for a 16 year old
and I made $20,000 from trading :)
I was thinking the fitness route cause I do bodybuilding in the younger divisions
And cheers for the great advice bro
6-7k in how long? That's not bad at all

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
That’s not bad at all how can you increase that?
write more stuff and hook people to an email list so I am not violating the commandment of control and I am also opening opportunity for scale. I could actually charge monthly for that email list to make my money more frequently, because I post my technical analysis of the stocks I am trading and I know many newsletters charging upwards of $97 a month for opinions, I could just charge $10

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@JackMakesMovies - you need to stop deleting content that other people have taken time out of their busy day to respond to you. Stop stealing people’s time.

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
@JackMakesMovies - you need to stop deleting content that other people have taken time out of their busy day to respond to you. Stop stealing people’s time.
Yeah bro, I won't. I was doing it because I didnt really want people to take more time to answer, because the answers I got were enough for me to get started on something.

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022
That’s not bad at all how can you increase that?
Thanks for all the help here, I think I've found a problem and how I can fix it.

When I was running my email newsletter, I got bids for ad placements.
These bids were very annoying, because I had to talk to ever business and then another business would place a higher bid and I needed to do it all over again until it was time for their ads to run. All email newsletters who rely on ad bidding have this problem, and to fix it, I could set up a site where the email newsletters could have a live auction (like ebay) for their ad placements. This would save business owners so much time and frustration and would help them get the best advertising offer, it would be a no brainer. Better yet, I could offer this for nothing upfront and just charge a small commision. When I already have email newsletter contacts getting a $30 CPM with a list size of 5,000+, I could just offer them this service with no risk on their behalf. Cheers brother for all the great advice with just turning my previous business fastlane and moving from the gold prospector to the shovel seller mindset!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.