The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing and the Monkey Brain

Marketing, social media, advertising

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
we have to understand that copywriting and all the persuasion tools are part of a war

this war is the battle against the human irrational mind

if humans were rational, there would be no need for emotional appeal and all the copywriting stuff, all these weapons to win the battle of the mind

do we need copywriting stuff to communicate with computers ?

NO

why not ?

---> because computers are the only real logical thing on earth

the computer does not care about emotional appeal.all these monkeys things

you just have to say :

" if that then this thing "

neo.jpg

end of the deal. no tricks, no human monkey mind to persuade

monkey.jpg

this society is a mess because we have to deal with the monkey mind

brain-regions.png

have you ever tried to persuade a monkey ?

that's what entrepreneurs do everyday

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Banned

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Eben pagan's marketing is based on the idea that the customer is like that child who doesn't want to follow common sense

we have to understand his mental model, what he thinks the solution is

because he won't listen to what we experts, the adults, have to say

we experts say:

"come on ! this is common sense, i am the expert so you just have to buy and listen to what i say !! "

and the customer says:

i don't care about you the expert ! i only care about

1) my limited view and understanding of the world,

2) my irrational, emotional wants and pain

3) and what i think the solution will be according to my current understanding"

so Eben Pagan is a multi millionaire thanks to this model:

translation marketing.png

• Banned

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
" timely thread " but a few people care

hmmm....

the pareto principle at work as usual

so i hope there is enough informations to make a commitment here

becoming a guru as well instead of remaining the stupid energy of the system

99,99 % of the population don't know the game we are talking about

even most users of the forum don't care about the thread

hmmm.....again

imagine a king talking to you

" look, i have shared great insights with you

what will you do with it ?

will you insult intelligence and stay a dork in the masses ?

or will you stand above stupidity ? "

king-talk.jpg

the pareto principle predicts that less than 20 % of people reading this thread will honor this knowledge

life has decided that only a few people will make an impact

they make the rules and the game

and nobody will stop them

Last edited:
  • Banned

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
let's do some reframing of the role of a marketer/ copywriter

from my point of view, a marketer is a social engineer of the marketplace

1) at the society level, we find masterminds as is said before

---> their job is to manage energy : the emotional brain of people to make them behave in specific ways ( propaganda, think tanks and so on )

social.jpg

in the same way, marketers are social engineers as well

---> their job is to manage the emotional brain of the customers

SOCIAL ENGINEERING.png

that's why Eben Pagan wants you to become " a smart marketer, not a dumb expert "

so this is what social engineering is about here :

"the battle for financial freedom is the battle for the management of the emotional brain of customers "

GM SI7D

• Banned

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Jim Rohn said only do things at the service of others, and as long you are self serving you are likely to fail. Sounds like MJ.

yes you are right

so this is a good introduction for my next post:

let's talk about you the reader, whoever you are

because according to that guy ,

how.jpg

what you are saying right now is this:

" i don't care about you GMSI7D, son of a b****, hit the road,

i only care about me, me , me , my problems, my wants , my life

will you understand that i want to be rich, free, whatever !! ? "

we call this human nature and this is the core of the battle for everybody

for YOU and for manipulators

so let's point the light on YOU the reader

YOU are part of a show called society

they.jpg

YOU are studied in every way by the Masterminds, gurus, the NSA and so on

social.jpg

they know everything about YOU

neoo.jpg

they won't less YOU win unless YOU become aware of the situation

neo.jpg

they use YOU as energy for their goals

charlie.jpg

YOUR job is to master YOURSELF in this game so YOU keep YOUR energy for YOUR goals

lion.jpg

YOU will escape the manipulators by knowing why YOU are on earth

YOU are on earth for human evolution, YOUR evolution

YOU are not on earth for YOUR basic animal desires ( sex, food, cars etc,)

YOU are on earth for mastery in this game whether you like it or not

so BE an avatar of human intelligence

leave alone YOUR emotional brain for a second and consider YOUR superior power as a human being

don't YOU want power in life ?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
yes you are right

so this is a good introduction for my next post:

let's talk about you the reader, whoever you are

because according to that guy ,

View attachment 19044

what you are saying right now is this:

" i don't care about you GMSI7D, son of a b****, hit the road,

i only care about me, me , me , my problems, my wants , my life

will you understand that i want to be rich, free, whatever !! ? "

we call this human nature and this is the core of the battle for everybody

for YOU and for manipulators

so let's point the light on YOU the reader

YOU are part of a show called society

View attachment 19045

YOU are studied in every way by the Masterminds, gurus, the NSA and so on

View attachment 19046

they know everything about YOU

View attachment 19050

they won't less YOU win unless YOU become aware of the situation

View attachment 19047

they use YOU as energy for their goals

View attachment 19048

YOUR job is to master YOURSELF in this game so YOU keep YOUR energy for YOUR goals

View attachment 19049

YOU will escape the manipulators by knowing why YOU are on earth

YOU are on earth for human evolution, YOUR evolution

YOU are not on earth for YOUR basic animal desires ( sex, food, cars etc,)

YOU are on earth for mastery in this game whether you like it or not

so BE an avatar of human intelligence

leave alone YOUR emotional brain for a second and consider YOUR superior power as a human being

don't YOU want power in life ?

I don't understand your conclusions here.

You quoted me quoting Jon Rohn. Then you said according to "How to win friends and influence people." My quote is telling you, to get lost and buzz of and is totally selfish?

How is quoting Jon Rohn about serving others telling YOU to buzz off?

I'm genuinely curious what is your angle here or am I misunderstanding you?

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
I think there is truth to focus on self mastery. It's something I have been awakened to the last two years.

There is one question that has plagued me for many years. Why are people willing to do more for other people than they are for themselves? Why do we need coaches to instill discipline? Why do people need personal trainers? Why are people more likely to achieve publicly declared goals than private ones? Why is social pressure so powerful? Why is making a public commitment to someone else more powerful than a private commitment to yourself?

This is scientifically studied and proven. In general, we humans are more strongly motivated by our image, our front to others, than we are by our internal self. Why is outside validation so much stronger than internal?

Autonomy is correlated strongly to happiness. We give up our autonomy when we seek outside validation.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
In general, we humans are more strongly motivated by our image, our front to others, than we are by our internal self. Why is outside validation so much stronger than internal?

Autonomy is correlated strongly to happiness. We give up our autonomy when we seek outside validation.

Imagine a child is born during a long sea-voyage in the 19th century. The ship is soon caught in a storm. By a miracle the baby washes ashore on a lush tropical island. There are no other humans around. A curious monkey soon discovers the crying infant on the beach and feeds it a banana.

Flash ahead twenty years. The child is now an adult after being raised by the family of monkeys who found him. He's never seen another human being.

He's never learned to speak the language his parents would have taught him.

He has no name and no idea that he is called anything.

Does he have an internal self to set aside for the sake of validation?

Does autonomy matter to him?

Is he giving up his autonomy when he lives according to the social rules of the monkeys?

Westerners in the early 21s century live in a very strange way and we come to believe that our strange ways are timeless truths about All Human Beings.

A human being raised without learning a language and being a part of a cultural world made up of other speaking human beings is a damaged human being.

He is not perfectly free. His life annihilates freedom.

You have the ideas in your head because you learned them when you learned the English language and when you spoke to parents and grandparents and friends and watched TV and went to school and jumped on the internet.

The anonymous man on the island shows you what you get when you take a human being out of the social world in the name of perfect freedom.

You get an empty soul who doesn't know his name and won't ever know he could have had one.

Autonomy is not opposed to social life, it is part of social life.

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
Imagine a child is born during a long sea-voyage in the 19th century. The ship is soon caught in a storm. By a miracle the baby washes ashore on a lush tropical island. There are no other humans around. A curious monkey soon discovers the crying infant on the beach and feeds it a banana.

Flash ahead twenty years. The child is now an adult after being raised by the family of monkeys who found him. He's never seen another human being.

He's never learned to speak the language his parents would have taught him.

He has no name and no idea that he is called anything.

Does he have an internal self to set aside for the sake of validation?

Does autonomy matter to him?

Is he giving up his autonomy when he lives according to the social rules of the monkeys?

Westerners in the early 21s century live in a very strange way and we come to believe that our strange ways are timeless truths about All Human Beings.

A human being raised without learning a language and being a part of a cultural world made up of other speaking human beings is a damaged human being.

He is not perfectly free. His life annihilates freedom.

You have the ideas in your head because you learned them when you learned the English language and when you spoke to parents and grandparents and friends and watched TV and went to school and jumped on the internet.

The anonymous man on the island shows you what you get when you take a human being out of the social world in the name of perfect freedom.

You get an empty soul who doesn't know his name and won't ever know he could have had one.

Autonomy is not opposed to social life, it is part of social life.
I think there is a slight misunderstanding. The problem
is not living within a society or being educated or influenced by others. The problem lies in these questions.

Who is leading you?

In what direction?

Is that the direction you want to be going?

Have you ever taken time to answer those questions about yourself? Few do.

So those following the script get led by others, unknowingly. They don't know what direction they are going, and they don't even know what direction they want to go.

And the other question that bothers me I realized years ago in college, why will I do more for other people than I will for myself? This set me on a path of trying to dissect human psychology to better understand myself.

Last edited:

markK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 8, 2018
Missouri, US
I think there is truth to focus on self mastery. It's something I have been awakened to the last two years.

There is one question that has plagued me for many years. Why are people willing to do more for other people than they are for themselves? Why do we need coaches to instill discipline? Why do people need personal trainers? Why are people more likely to achieve publicly declared goals than private ones? Why is social pressure so powerful? Why is making a public commitment to someone else more powerful than a private commitment to yourself?

This is scientifically studied and proven. In general, we humans are more strongly motivated by our image, our front to others, than we are by our internal self. Why is outside validation so much stronger than internal?

First, we come into this world as a baby, basically having none of the ego-based behaviors that you clearly noted. But, immediately we have external forces dictating our behaviors primarily from our parents. With this comes the beginning of the programming that our parents have had instilled in them. Let's call it the beginning of culture...what you wear, what you eat, where you sleep, etc. Different countries and people groups will do things differently, but there are some cultural standards for each.

As we get a little older we become an object of pleasure, pain, or joy etc. for our parents. How they respond to us starts to program our behaviors. There are thousands of variations of this, but let's say that a parent yells at a child for accidentally spilling some milk. This could traumatize a young child that actually was not trying to spill the milk, but is now highly sensitized to the response of the parent in whose eyes the child wants to find favor and not the yelling.

So, the flip side of this is when a child accidentally does something that pleases the parent and gets the happy response and is told you are so great or something to that effect. The ego starts to become alive and the child looks to create the favorable response.

Both of these scenarios begin to nurture an external looking for affirmation or confirmation...approval.

Then, in many cultures the young child is required to go to school and then has some new authorities to respond to. If those authorities are broken people, they may selfishly impose their will on the young child, which could in turn create a resentment in the child and he starts to rebel. Or, if the child starts to correct or point out an error with the authority and gets yelled at, he may possibly rebel or conform, both are a reaction to the outside. Once you are triggered to an emotional state you can be manipulated and not be your true self.

So, I think people are programmed to respond to external reinforcement instead of trusting themselves and what they know is right in their heart or by intuition. This programming then sets us up for the SCRIPT that MJ has written about and much of what I think @GMSI7D is trying to communicate.

Ideally, it takes a very wise parent to nurture the internal drive and intuition in a child.

Self-mastery is really simply getting back to where we were before we got broken by parents, teachers, authorities, and cultural expectations. As a little child, but with growing awareness.
Trusting in ourselves, not doubting what we know is right, and not reacting emotionally.

Personally, I'm not there, yet.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
I think there is a slight misunderstanding. The problem
is not living within a society or being educated or influenced by others.

...why will I do more for other people than I will for myself? This set me on a path of trying to dissect human psychology to better understand myself.

Did I not make the point clear enough? Note to self.

The point about social life and the influence of others is just this: you don't have a self independent of what you do for other people and how you respond to other people.

This goes deeper than just what "you" learn at school or whatever. This is a point about the concepts of "self" and "autonomy".

The whole reason you call yourself "I" and have the concept of autonomy and now ask yourself "But why can't I do things for ME and why do I pay attention to validation from others?" is because you learned these thoughts and beliefs in a cultural surrounding.

If you'd grown up on an island without learning a language or interacting with other humans, these questions wouldn't even occur to you.

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
Did I not make the point clear enough? Note to self.

The point about social life and the influence of others is just this: you don't have a self independent of what you do for other people and how you respond to other people.

This goes deeper than just what "you" learn at school or whatever. This is a point about the concepts of "self" and "autonomy".

The whole reason you call yourself "I" and have the concept of autonomy and now ask yourself "But why can't I do things for ME and why do I pay attention to validation from others?" is because you learned these thoughts and beliefs in a cultural surrounding.

If you'd grown up on an island without learning a language or interacting with other humans, these questions wouldn't even occur to you.
Do we exist outside of a social concept? Something to ponder. I will say I do think part of what gives meaning to life is relationships. So I agree with you.

Serve others to get where you want to be.

It is a paradox.

What is your destination?
What actions get you there?

Most people do not answer the above questions for themselves. They let other people answer them.

This is an excellent point you have made.

What is the relative appeal of a Ferrari to a civic if there are no other people, no social context? Why seek autonomy and what does it have to do with the fastlane? I think you chase the fastlane so that choices become yours. The Ferrari becomes a choice. But if your broke you don't have a choice, you can't have a Ferrari. Work hours become your choice. Where you live becomes your choice. Who your co-workers are becomes a choice.

Assuming you must serve others and not chase money:

The script: your choice of who you serve is limited and you have little say in the terms. Here is your boss, here is your salary, here are the hours.

Unscripted : you choose who you will serve and on what terms. You Choose the customer, set the price, and set your hours.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
i have never created this topic. these posts com from the gurus topic

so some guys sent me a clear message : i have to shut up because i can be hijacked easily

so this is my last post on this forum

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why are people willing to do more for other people than they are for themselves?

I suspect it has something to do with the EVENT v PROCESS modality.

Doing for others likely is an event.

For instance, eating right and treating your body like a sacred temple is a difficult PROCESS.

Rescuing a 10 year old boy from a burning building is an EVENT.

so some guys sent me a clear message : i have to shut up because i can be hijacked easily

We don't want you to shut-up, we want you stop hijacking threads.

Now you an hijack your own thread and talk all you like.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.