The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mark Cuban on following your passion

Anything related to matters of the mind

Pilot35

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
502%
Sep 2, 2016
Wanted to share this great article I came across.

Billionaire Mark Cuban: 'Don't follow your passion'

Don't follow your passion:
Chances are, you've been advised to "follow your passion" or "do what you love" at one point in your life.

Billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban says to ignore that conventional career advice. In fact, "'follow your passion' is easily the worst advice you could ever give or get," the "Shark Tank" star wrote on his blog in 2012.

Follow your effort instead:
Rather than following your passion, follow your effort, says Cuban: "Look at where you apply your time. ... You may or may not realize it yet, but how you use or don't use your time is going to be the best indication of where your future is going to take you."

And the best part of his advice in my opinion:
The self-made billionaire argues that when you spend hours working hard at something, you get good at it; and when you get good at something, you tend to enjoy it more.

"When you enjoy doing something, there is a very good chance you will become passionate or more passionate about it," the billionaire writes. "When you are good at something, passionate and work even harder to excel and be the best at it, good things happen."

I can especially relate to the advice "if you spend hours working hard at something, you get good at it, and you tend to enjoy it more".

I found out that the more I take action on my business, the better I get at it and the less dreadful the thought of taking action becomes. Eventually, results came in and before I knew it, I was hooked. Video games and other mindless entertainment doesn't seem appealing to me anymore.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kaio Gui

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 14, 2018
São Paulo, Brazil
I can also relate to getting good at something I'm working hard at. these days I was reading the book , and my head exploded with a super idea.This same idea has to do with something I would very much like to work on, but I'm more dedicated to making money than doing what I love.

Passion is in "making money" :rofl::rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.