Mike Freeman
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jan 6, 2014
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$25
$25
User Power: 100%
Hi all,
I have an idea for a product to have manufactured in China and branded with my brand so that I may import and sell these items online.
The product would be based on childrens characters so Super Mario, Spiderman, etc. etc. I would plan on creating lots of different ones and constantly be following what is popular on kids TV and films as well as games.
My question is how do I approach this in terms of licensing? Do I need to get permission and pay Royalties for this kind of thing? I have no problem paying a percentage but dont want to be paying up front fees to all sorts of different companies before I can start.
There are lots of people selling birthday cakes etc. that have a character on, are these people all licensed?
Regards
I have an idea for a product to have manufactured in China and branded with my brand so that I may import and sell these items online.
The product would be based on childrens characters so Super Mario, Spiderman, etc. etc. I would plan on creating lots of different ones and constantly be following what is popular on kids TV and films as well as games.
My question is how do I approach this in terms of licensing? Do I need to get permission and pay Royalties for this kind of thing? I have no problem paying a percentage but dont want to be paying up front fees to all sorts of different companies before I can start.
There are lots of people selling birthday cakes etc. that have a character on, are these people all licensed?
Regards
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
