The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making a youtube channel for song lyrics and anime clips

Pitoyz07

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 5, 2018
Philippines
i have noticed that such videos on youtube receives a lot of views and I'm thinking "wow that's probably a lot of money". But I am greatly concerned about copyright issues. Any thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Dont get me wrong brother but dont go for number of views=lot of money . Don't go after money, provide value to users and you will have the money .
Basically reverse the direction of your thinking . Think how you can serve your user/client ...money will follow automatically .

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Yes, trying to make money by using another studio/artists IP is breaking copyright.

YouTube won’t pay you.

And, YouTube isn’t a money maker anymore unless you use it as a marketing chanel.

Gotta fix that mindset first though. If your first thought is “wow that looks easy and it probably makes a lot of money” that’s quick way to fall flat on your face.

Pitoyz07

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 5, 2018
Philippines
Yes, trying to make money by using another studio/artists IP is breaking copyright.

YouTube won’t pay you.

And, YouTube isn’t a money maker anymore unless you use it as a marketing chanel.

Gotta fix that mindset first though. If your first thought is “wow that looks easy and it probably makes a lot of money” that’s quick way to fall flat on your face.

I see. Well I need to learn a lot about these and ads. Thanks!

Pitoyz07

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 5, 2018
Philippines
Dont get me wrong brother but dont go for number of views=lot of money . Don't go after money, provide value to users and you will have the money .
Basically reverse the direction of your thinking . Think how you can serve your user/client ...money will follow automatically .

Thanks!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
i have noticed that such videos on youtube receives a lot of views and I'm thinking "wow that's probably a lot of money". But I am greatly concerned about copyright issues. Any thoughts?

The only useful thing you could do with a channel like that is lead the traffic to something else, or create "impressions" for a brand. By impression, I mean exposing them to a logo or brand image.

That brand could even be the very YouTube channel it is on.

If you turn on monetization on the video, shortly after, you'll get a content ID notification offering you two options:

1. Take down the video.
2. Keep the video running on your channel, but all ad revenue goes to the copyright holder.

So no, there's no money for you to make directly on there.
However, you can only strategically place something in the lyric video or video description which would benefit from the eyeballs.

e.g if your side hustle is making lyric videos for people on Fiverr etc., including this in the video or video description could drive traffic to your Fiverr gig page. That's just one of many examples.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.