The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Making a youtube channel for song lyrics and anime clips

Pitoyz07

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
May 5, 2018
Philippines
i have noticed that such videos on youtube receives a lot of views and I'm thinking "wow that's probably a lot of money". But I am greatly concerned about copyright issues. Any thoughts?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 23, 2017
Dont get me wrong brother but dont go for number of views=lot of money . Don't go after money, provide value to users and you will have the money .
Basically reverse the direction of your thinking . Think how you can serve your user/client ...money will follow automatically .

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Yes, trying to make money by using another studio/artists IP is breaking copyright.

YouTube won’t pay you.

And, YouTube isn’t a money maker anymore unless you use it as a marketing chanel.

Gotta fix that mindset first though. If your first thought is “wow that looks easy and it probably makes a lot of money” that’s quick way to fall flat on your face.

OP
OP
Pitoyz07

Pitoyz07

New Contributor
May 5, 2018
Philippines
Yes, trying to make money by using another studio/artists IP is breaking copyright.

YouTube won’t pay you.

And, YouTube isn’t a money maker anymore unless you use it as a marketing chanel.

Gotta fix that mindset first though. If your first thought is “wow that looks easy and it probably makes a lot of money” that’s quick way to fall flat on your face.
I see. Well I need to learn a lot about these and ads. Thanks!

OP
OP
Pitoyz07

Pitoyz07

New Contributor
May 5, 2018
Philippines
Dont get me wrong brother but dont go for number of views=lot of money . Don't go after money, provide value to users and you will have the money .
Basically reverse the direction of your thinking . Think how you can serve your user/client ...money will follow automatically .
Thanks!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Xavier X

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
i have noticed that such videos on youtube receives a lot of views and I'm thinking "wow that's probably a lot of money". But I am greatly concerned about copyright issues. Any thoughts?
The only useful thing you could do with a channel like that is lead the traffic to something else, or create "impressions" for a brand. By impression, I mean exposing them to a logo or brand image.

That brand could even be the very YouTube channel it is on.

If you turn on monetization on the video, shortly after, you'll get a content ID notification offering you two options:

1. Take down the video.
2. Keep the video running on your channel, but all ad revenue goes to the copyright holder.

So no, there's no money for you to make directly on there.
However, you can only strategically place something in the lyric video or video description which would benefit from the eyeballs.

e.g if your side hustle is making lyric videos for people on Fiverr etc., including this in the video or video description could drive traffic to your Fiverr gig page. That's just one of many examples.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom