• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Make Money with building Websites: The ultimate Way

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by Patrick Jones, May 8, 2019.

1. MakeItHappen

MakeItHappen Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,655
    How would you do this?
    Would you create a partnership with a skilled coder or would you "sell" leads for a commission?

Jeff Noel likes this.
  2. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,353
    This is relatively easy. In most cases if you never did this, ask help from their domain registrar or hosting provider (most of the time they're the same entity). They need to provide you a transfer code that the new domain registrar will require for the transfer.

Some registrar charge fees for domain transfer as far as I know.

cwalto12 likes this.
  3. banjoa

banjoa Present

Rep Bank:
    $283
    That’s OP’s point. It’s none of your business. Just sell and leave that to someone else.

Patrick Jones and Sander like this.
  4. Patrick Jones

Patrick Jones growing Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,718
    The latter is what I have experience with. It is easy to convince developers of it, because it requires no investment on their side. You just give them the qualified lead and wait for your commission to be paid. Which obviously requires some trust on your part.

How would you imagine a partnership to work?

Thank you for pointing that out :)

astr0 and MakeItHappen like this.
  5. MakeItHappen

MakeItHappen Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,655
    Thanks @Patrick Jones
    I am not sure.

Maybe finding a designer that is interested in starting a business with you (likely after you have sold him some leads so that he knows you gab sell).

He could take care of the design work and ultimatively outsourcing/hiring more good designers.

You would grow and scale the customer acquisition, hiring sales people etc.

Both of you profit from the growing value of the equity of the business.

Atleast this could become fastlane instead of just getting a commission?

6. Patrick Jones

Patrick Jones growing Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,718
    That sounds like building up a web agency.

For me the approach outlined in this thread is not fastlane. It's something that allows you to work flexibly, pays good money and teaches you to think in terms of needs and wants.

It gives you the freedom and space to build something fastlane.

Mr992 and MakeItHappen like this.
  7. Bellsman

Bellsman New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
  8. banjoa

banjoa Present

Rep Bank:
    $283
    This thread reminds me of a post I read about finding a niche.

Many people have difficulty finding ideas, niches or what to do because they think about what they can fulfill.

Thinking about what you can fulfill/do will limit a lot of people in coming up with a business idea because most people lack skills that the market wants and will pay for.

An easy way to go around this is to have a mindset shift:

Do something you don’t have the skills to fulfill. This way you will be forced to think like a business man and actually providing what people want.

I was listening to a podcast where Dan Norris said the reason why wpcurve was successful was because he outsourced all the technical aspects of the business from day one.

This forced him and his cofounder to focus on more important and high ROI activities from day one like marketing/sales.

Having this mindset shift will provide you with more ideas and niches to take on.

Why?:

Because you won’t be limited to only ideas you have the skills to execute.

All you have to do is listen to the market. Look around you and see what people are paying for without worrying about whether you can fulfill it or not.

This brings me back to one of my favourite quote:

‘Sales solves everything.’

When make sales you will figure it all out. So worry about only that.

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 11:09 PM
  9. Mr992

Mr992 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    1. Find and partner with a reputable web agency in your area.
    2. Write up contracts so nobody gets scammed.
    3. Ask them how much is their average sale. Let's say they say 5k.
    4. Double that price. You find businesses that need a website, you sell each one for 10k.
    5. Get paid 50% upfront from the client. You then pay 50% of that to the agency so they begin the work.
    6. When the work is done (Which you won't have to do any of it, this is what the agency specializes in, let them deal with all the back and forth and designs and colors and whatever) you collect the remaining 50% from the client and do 50/50 with the agency again.
    7. Win-win for all parties.

This will require hustle and good sales knowledge. Won't be easy and simple at first. You will probably have to keep trying until you find an agency that is a good fit. The transition between you the seller and the agency that the client goes through should be simple, professional, smooth and efficient.

But is doable. You have to take care of all the details at first, then you can create a system that makes you 100k profit a year (or more if you want it and can hustle).

8. Now use that money to go Fastlane. Or simply live comfortably on your 100k profit a year business.

There are many ways you can use to make this work. Agency, freelancers, your own in-house development team.
    You will need to spend some time learning the basics of the technologies used, but nowhere near close professional skills.

If you are a good coder, and learn enough sales, then you've hit the jackpot. You can do anything you want. You're a goldmine waiting to be used.

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 2:39 PM
  10. Arqium

Arqium New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $21

I was working as consctruction manager as architect (civil engineer job btw) a few years ago, building a very luxurious condo here in Brazil.

A friend of mine was a real state agent, he sold 1 apartment that I was building, and walked away with something like 1 year of my pay in the bag as his comission.... in fact a bit more.
    I was earning something like 20k year (salary here is low), and he went out with 30k comission... because the apartment he sold was something like 600k, and his comission was 5%.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.