The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Made front page of Reddit and Newsweek.com

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Interesting media week that has nothing to do with business. I made a post of a picture of my Brown Recluse spider bite on a photo page on Reddit and next thing I know I picked up over 40k upvotes and 4 million views before it got delinked due to a dumb reddit rule. Newsweek reached out to me and did an article which was perfect as I'm heading to a lawsuit with my old apartment and will use for local press and put pressure as I prefer to settle.

Interesting part of making the front page of Reddit is I was invited into multiple secret Reddit societies only for people who had 25k or more upvotes on one post.

Shame it was not business related as I can easily see 10 million plus views if can stick on the front page.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220725-214426.png
    Screenshot_20220725-214426.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20220725-214231.png
    Screenshot_20220725-214231.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 27

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Lmao funny how I saw this on Reddit as well. Getting reach like that is crazy to see.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yikes, glad to hear you're OK and moved.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Interesting media week that has nothing to do with business. I made a post of a picture of my Brown Recluse spider bite on a photo page on Reddit and next thing I know I picked up over 40k upvotes and 4 million views before it got delinked due to a dumb reddit rule. Newsweek reached out to me and did an article which was perfect as I'm heading to a lawsuit with my old apartment and will use for local press and put pressure as I prefer to settle.

Interesting part of making the front page of Reddit is I was invited into multiple secret Reddit societies only for people who had 25k or more upvotes on one post.

Shame it was not business related as I can easily see 10 million plus views if can stick on the front page.

Whoa. Hope you fully recover.

What was the dumb Reddit rule?

Lol about the secret societies.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Lmao funny how I saw this on Reddit as well. Getting reach like that is crazy to see.

Is crazy that reach! Had two people I know saw it before I told them as well.

Yikes, glad to hear you're OK and moved.

Thanks, been a whirlwind but zero chance will live in a death trap. This could be interesting as I have talked to a bunch of other tenants who are angry with this complex and a few bitten with less reaction that are willing to come to court.

Whoa. Hope you fully recover.

What was the dumb Reddit rule?

Lol about the secret societies.

Thanks, I'm a lot better after five weeks, will have a hole in leg and not known yet if will get a skin graft.

It was first delinked for moderation approval when hit the front page that killed it's ranking but than came back for 12 hours. Later the Subreddit delinked it because I broke the rule of using that same pic on another subreddit for spider bites that only got 14 upvotes lol.

The key was the subreddit had 20 million followers and I guess they love gory stuff. I have a follow up picture I'm gonna try in a week or so and will follow all the rules but bet it doesnt do as well.

The secret societies are interesting and both kinda dumb as Reddit to me is hard to understand, maybe generational thing but I have no idea what the heck people are talking about or what motivated by.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Happy to say have received a cash settlement and the termination of my lease with no consequences. The deal states I get paid in five days and once clears will fill in more info as this whole process was incredibly interesting. The power of that Newsweek article and the fact my freak leg was on the front page of Reddit made a huge difference with leverage of all sorts. A lesson to landlords to be on their game when dangerous situations are lurking.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Glad the new place is all sorted out,but how about your leg? Everything okay now?

Very happy new place is solid and in downtown now versus the burbs which is huge for business

My leg is coming along well. There will be a hole with a scar over it. One of the reasons settling was better as the quick healing devaluated my case but much better a healed leg than more money, need that leg.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The taste of fame! That's crazy, glad you're okay. Shows how powerful eyeballs are. Just think if you were a 10/10 girl who could play video games and made a twitch + onlyfans. Lol!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Happy to say have received a cash settlement and the termination of my lease with no consequences. The deal states I get paid in five days and once clears will fill in more info as this whole process was incredibly interesting. The power of that Newsweek article and the fact my freak leg was on the front page of Reddit made a huge difference with leverage of all sorts. A lesson to landlords to be on their game when dangerous situations are lurking.

Glad you’ll have one less thing to worry about. Congrats on settlement.

Now onto the hole in your leg, when will you know if skin graft can solve the problem?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
The taste of fame! That's crazy, glad you're okay. Shows how powerful eyeballs are. Just think if you were a 10/10 girl who could play video games and made a twitch + onlyfans. Lol!

Ha! Reddit fame is the best I could do. I'm going another round in Reddit with the hand picture once the check clears. Probably get delinked again with 20 upvotes.

Oh man if I was that attractive girl and had this leg photo would of gotten 20 million views and a bunch of sickos throwing money at me.

Glad you’ll have one less thing to worry about. Congrats on settlement.

Now onto the hole in your leg, when will you know if skin graft can solve the problem?

Thanks, for sure glad to put behind. Will always wonder what court would of brought and the local media blitz planned but it would of been very time consuming and a negative decent period of time with a chance of back fire on the court part and get nada and an eviction on record.

It's healed really well and leaning on not going to need one. There will be a squishy scar over it. Last month it's closed considerably.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.