The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Made 2.3 million dollars online, now back to zero - Hi Everyone!

Abergowitz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
850%
Nov 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I finished reading MJ's book a few days ago and decided to join this forum.

A short version of who I am

-From 2006-2012 was a full time SEO building sites, ranking them, and collecting commissions. (Around $500,000 overall)
-From 2012-2015 dec was a full time paid traffic internet/affiliate marketer (Made around $1.7 million overall)
-2016 Jan to today, searching for the next thing to do

I am lost, I am not sure what to do since the opportunities have dried up in affiliate marketing due to new policies, algorithms on major traffic sources becoming smarter and too much competition.

That is why I joined this forum, hoping to find the next thing to do, would really like to build a fastlane business I am proud of versus having to restart from zero every time an affiliate offer dies for reason x.

-Ann

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hi Everyone,

-From 2006-2012 was a full time SEO building sites, ranking them, and collecting commissions. (Around $500,000 overall)
-From 2012-2015 dec was a full time paid traffic internet/affiliate marketer (Made around $1.7 million overall)

I am lost, I am not sure what to do since the opportunities have dried up in affiliate marketing due to new policies, algorithms on major traffic sources becoming smarter and too much competition.

That is why I joined this forum, hoping to find the next thing to do, would really like to build a fastlane business I am proud of versus having to restart from zero every time an affiliate offer dies for reason x.

-Ann
welcome to the forum! Have you kept a significant portion of the money you made, or are you truly back to zero?

Marquin Brewer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 18, 2016
Hi Everyone,

-Ann
Wow that is impressive Ann you have a skill set that you can utilize plus the knowledge you have acquired from online marketing, I guess the question is have you found a problem or pain point in someone's life to solve? You are smart and savvy and now it's time to become a hitch hiker or do you want to the driving?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Everyone,

-Ann
Sounds like you have alot of valuable skills. I'm sure that once you find your business, you can still apply those skills to growing your business quickly.

vitality11

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Sep 12, 2015
OK
Hi Everyone,

-Ann
Excited for your journey. You already know how to succeed. Now it's just a matter of choosing or being chosen :)

Abergowitz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
850%
Nov 6, 2016
welcome to the forum! Have you kept a significant portion of the money you made, or are you truly back to zero?

I have most of it in "bad" real estate investments, by bad I mean luxury properties that would take years to sell at the price I paid; not many buyers running around so they are not really liquid.

I also have around 600,000$ in cash, but I had to relocate our family to a new country and need to build a new home for them here, so yes aside the $80,000 or so beyond that, I am back to zero.

I don't know what to invest money in to make money, i feel time is working against me, there are many paths, and I don't want to waste time going down the wrong path and wasting money, I want to devote myself to one thing, but I am really not sure what. That's why I joined this forum hoping to find some answers.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
If you take one lesson from this forum and the book that you will use to create a business it's this. Create value and money will follow.

Don't chase money, solve a problem. Good luck!

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
If you take one lesson from this forum and the book that you will use to create a business it's this. Create value and money will follow.

Don't chase money, solve a problem. Good luck!

@Abergowitz welcome to the forum and what @Scot said was spot on! Read through threads and learn from the experts/experienced as they always leave lots of Golden Nuggets.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
What verticals were you running paid traffic to? You can probably apply what you know to your own venture, or help some business owner directly for a % of sales.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I have most of it in "bad" real estate investments, by bad I mean luxury properties that would take years to sell at the price I paid; not many buyers running around so they are not really liquid.

I also have around 600,000$ in cash, but I had to relocate our family to a new country and need to build a new home for them here, so yes aside the $80,000 or so beyond that, I am back to zero.

I don't know what to invest money in to make money, i feel time is working against me, there are many paths, and I don't want to waste time going down the wrong path and wasting money, I want to devote myself to one thing, but I am really not sure what. That's why I joined this forum hoping to find some answers.
So not quite back to zero...you'll have a house paid for, plus income from the rental properties. Plus the experience you've gained from all the success you've had previously. That's a lot farther along than most on this board. Glad you're here...you'll be a great asset around here. Hopefully you can gain more insights from the members here with more experience.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like you have alot of valuable skills. I'm sure that once you find your business, you can still apply those skills to growing your business quickly.

Totally agree with biophase here.

You must have learned a ton of transferable skills doing SEO and AM to make 2-3 million doing it.

If NOTHING else you must have learned good work ethic, discipline, how to learn and get very good at previously unknown skills, how to adapt, etc... and that's not even counting the actual skill of being able to drive traffic to something.

You just need to learn how to run the other side of SEO and Affiliate marketing - the offer side.

(Just keep it ethical - offer real value, not tricks and credit card games).

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Welcome -

I came from this background as well.

Got my start in 96 though. Building sites and ranking them SEO wise and such, mix of consultant and affiliate.

Did paid traffic as well. Same as you, thats where most my money was earned too. Mostly Facebook, Adwords, 3rd party PPC like Adblade and TrafficVance.. then media buys for all the rebills in affiliate.

Pretty much same course as you. Cashed out big and then left due to competition and policy changes in the affiliate world.

I now own a few companies in the online space and I also consult with some large universities and colleges on their online lead gen efforts.

You can take what you know and for sure turn it into other business ideas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...