The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LSD / Drugs and Entrepreneurship

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've done mushrooms before.

Before I say anything else I'll make it a strong point to say that I only chose to do them after extensive research on my own. When it comes to things I put in my body that may have real consequences, I do not trust word of mouth. Not even from a doctor. Some things I think it's important to research yourself, and drugs are certainly one of them.

That being said, my research lead me to believe that mushrooms are largely considered to be one of the safest drugs out there.

I also genuinely think they were one of the most valuable experiences I've engaged in. It felt like a hard reset on my mental well-being. Like I had been carrying around mental baggage for 20 some odd years that was suddenly washed away. It was really a refreshing experience. It was uplifting and informative and fun and left me feeling great for days/weeks after.

The experience itself was mind-opening. Your perceptions can be WILDLY different on these things. It's almost like an "unscripting" drug. I say that because all of the habits and norms we take for granted go out the window. Every experience and thought gets a chance to be thought about in a naked way. For example - I was living in an apartment at the time and all of a sudden I was questioning the sanity of these buildings. It no longer seemed normal that we stacked humans on top of each other in neat little squares. I spent a lot of time considering this. This isn't to say there's anything wrong with apartment buildings but it explains how something I took for granted as a habit was suddenly put under a microscope and I was given a way to look at it as if I had never heard of apartment buildings before. I had no frame of reference to put them in. Every thought was fresh and new and from a different angle.

Similarly I had a VERY hard time going back to work for all the reasons mentioned in the Millionaire Fastlane . This is before I had ever read the book. I suddenly thought I was wasting my life going to work, coming back, eating, sleeping, repeat. Why wasn't I going to a beach? There's nothing stopping me, I enjoy beaches, why am I wasting my life going to work? Life is F*cking amazing and I want to live it, damn it! Why do I spend so much time in the same places? I could walk out my door right now and be on a street I've never been on in 3 minutes. It would be an adventure. Maybe it wouldn't be a new country but it would be new and nothing's stopping me so why haven't I done that before? Why am I only allowed having fun 2 weeks out of the year on vacation? etc...

I recall reading that mushrooms (and other psychedelics) interrupt your ability to recall associations quickly or accurately. I have no idea if it's correct but the description fits. In your normal day to day lives your brain acts VERY quickly to make sense of everything. You look up and in a second that cloud is shaped like a turtle. Your brain just saw a random shape and in a split second decided it looked enough like a turtle that it made you think of a turtle. On mushrooms that lightning quick association doesn't exist. You need to think about everything as if there are no associations because for those few hours there pretty much isn't any.

Sam with habits. This is why so many people say mushrooms are FANTASTIC for breaking bad habits because you can't do anything "mindlessly" on mushrooms. If you want to go out for a smoke you better believe you are going to question every aspect of that habit, your health, the time you're wasting, the sanity of breathing in smoke, how humans ever decided this was a good idea, what the filter might be made of, why they are sold in packs that are all shaped the same way, why you can't just enjoy the fresh air without one, how your body craving one is almost like it's working against it's own self interest and that you aren't really in control of your own actions, how disgusted you are by the idea, etc.... Except this is just smoking. Forget the fact that you walk to the fridge and open it up out of boredom. Or tap your fingers when nervous. Or bloody anything. I spend about 2 hours considering why my normal habit was to have friends over ever weekend, buy some beer, play some board games, watch a movie, and do it all again next week. The habitual nature made no sense to me. I had to evaluate if this was how I wanted to live my life.

Every thought got it's turn for in depth analysis. You had no choice. You were on the ride whether you liked it or not.

Also your emotions get JACKED on these things. I actually don't really enjoy this aspect but it is what it is. Small jokes seem absolutely hilarious - you may very well laugh for 40 minutes until it hurts your cheeks. Good music feels world-altering and important. Conversely, negative experiences, even minor ones, feel world-ended. If someone in the room swallows wrong and chokes for a second while they regain their composure you think this person may very well be dying in front of you. Should you call the cops? An ambulance? Are you going to lose your friend this very moment? Sheer terror takes over. This is why 'sitters' are so highly recommended - to reassure you when unexpected things happen and to make sure everything keeps an even keel. I knew a guy who did some mushrooms and called the cops on himself because he quite literally thought he was going to die from some minor experience that any sober person would have laughed off in 5 seconds and not given it another thought. For my own experience I saw a argument between two people on whatever comedy movie we were trying to watch and it felt like I was a 10 year old being told my parents were getting a divorce and it was MY fault. Unpleasant. This is why you'll hear people highly recommend certain shows and movies with nothing but bright colors, laughs, and zero negativity - you can't handle negativity in that frame of mind but happy stuff is amazing.

And what's somewhat unique about mushrooms is that your thoughts are not washed away the next morning like they are with alcohol. You do some stupid shit on alcohol and sober you says "man, drunk me was a F*cking idiot". No. You wake up on mushrooms and you say "uhhh... why does everything I thought about still make perfect sense?". The reason it makes perfect sense is because you thought about it, really hard, in a critical way, and came to new conclusions based on opinions from a different point of view. Sure you'll look back and think laughing at a fart joke for 40 minutes was pretty stupid but any of the stuff you critically experienced sticks with you. Some people have literally quit drinking/smoking as a result of a positive mushroom experience. They are starting to explore the therapeutic uses of this drug in therapy sessions to get patients to consider unique perspectives that also happen to be originating from themselves (basically the plot of inception...).

Honestly, you gain a newfound respect for your brain and thought processes after just a single session. It's mind-blowing how different your thoughts are on these things. It's no wonder so many people, even hardcore atheists, report having a "spiritual experience" when on them. Perhaps not a religious experience, but spiritual. Above oneself. It feels like you were part of something special that you can't believe was possible.

Oh, and also some visual hallucinations. Don't expect the world to stay still. On mushrooms if the couch pattern wants to move around a bit who are you to tell it otherwise?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I was asked my opinion on drugs (LSD) as a tool for creativity during one of my podcast interviews and frankly came up blank as I didn't have enough knowledge to form an opinion, other than SCRIPTED responses (drugs are bad/dangerous/etc.)

Your thoughts?

I could tell you that this would be "writers block" worst enemy.

Other related forum topics:

Nootropics (Brain drugs!)

O/T: Health - Nootropics? Anyone familiar with them?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When I first saw this post I thought LordPhenny was back and was surprised to see MJ was the OP.

Ha Ha, well someone asked me on a podcast interview and I was clueless that it is apparently being used as some type of creative nudge into the Akashic record.

And a gentle reminder: MYSELF, THIS FORUM, or MY COMPANY DOES NOT ADVOCATE DRUG USE OR RECOMMEND ANY KIND OF EXPERIMENTATION.

G

GuestUser450

"Performance enhancing" drugs and the whole biohack nonsense seems like a high cost for very little return.

The wick goes faster the brighter it burns, so what's the point if you can't guarantee you're moving towards anything beneficial?

If you want to be "Apex", "Alpha", "Rockstar", etc., awesome, you'll make someone a very happy employer.

But I don't see most billionaires wasting their time worrying about optimizing every last drop of energy - they're looking for opportunities, they're mastering relationships, they're getting people to know, like and trust them.

And if those crusty billionaires can outwork you on prilosec and lipitor, I don't think a limitless pill will do jack shit to get you closer to freedom.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
It is no secret that my childhood was disturbing at best. We did LSD on a regular basis up until early twenties. None since then.

It was life changing.... Not in a positive or negative way. But the experiences were intense!

I saw things that could not be explained in words.

One example.... I was walking by myself up a trail in the hills. My mind told me that there was a cliff ahead and that I was marching to my death. I was swinging my green shirt over my head and the sky turned into an amazing kaleidoscope of green and blue.

I reached the edge of the trail and down in the valley I could see the house of my girlfriend. What a relief! Not going to die yet. As soon as I reached her house, another friend of mine came driving up. He walked up to me, opened his shirt and said "I have a police wire on. We are going to get xxxxx busted".

This guy had pulled a gun and threatened us a few days back. The police were sending us "minors" back to get it on tape.... without our parents permission!!!!

The next few hours were unreal with undercover police, a pimp, him finding out that there were undercover police, and a confession.

All while tripping!

No cell phones back then. I have no idea how my friend found me there. I was supposed to be in school.

True story.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
This was many years ago but it was just with a trusted lifelong friend in my apartment. Safe friend in a safe space.

I do genuinely believe mushrooms can be an extremely positive and valuable experience. I feel like I understand my brain, moods, emotions, thoughts, etc... better as a result. The lasting feeling of positive well being for the next few days/weeks was extremely welcome. Like I said it was like a hard reset and that a weight was lifted off my brain. Basically I echo the opinions of many of the first hand accounts you hear about in the various studies and experiments.

And of course do your own research but the main reasons I decided to take the "risk" was that:

- You can't OD on mushrooms in any reasonable sense (you need to consume almost 4 lbs for a 160lb person to hit the median lethal dose, which nobody would ever do by accident and frankly nobody would sanely do on purpose either)
- They aren't addictive (in fact they become significantly less effective with repeated use)
- All the old tales of severe mental issues resulting from them are basically bunk (with one notable exception, see below)
- It's stupid-easy to grow them and the likelihood of being 'scammed' by a dealer is almost non existent. You can tell with your eyes if what's in front of you is a mushroom or not (unlike powders, pills, etc...). Also, the vast majority of places in North America sell the proper spores in ready-made sterile syringes, legally and over the counter at many smoke shops. Growing them may be illegal but gaining access to the proper ingredients couldn't be easier. The only risk is if you get handed wild poisonous mushrooms picked from the wild by a moron. Morons don't stay in business very long as killing your customers is a great way to get caught and thrown in jail.

In terms of one possible downside that worried me though, is HPPD: Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder - Wikipedia

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Most people are addicted to sugar, which is a drug that has bigger impact in the brain than most hard drugs. Think about it before you squeeze another doughnut down your throat.

Last edited:

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Was an EMT in a former life and so always ended-up seeing the worst side of drug use. That's a biased data set by definition (i.e., they called the ambulance so sh*t was going down) but I still can't shake it.

Drug are bad, mmm'kay?

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I hear kratom is good. Never tried though.

Good stuff. Make sure you buy the expensive stuff though. It's not cheap. If it is, it's cut with something (flour, cornstarch), especially if it comes already in pills... so buy the powder (harder to cut it because you can tell by the smell)

Really good, but subtle painkiller. Anti-depressant and anti-anxiety. It mellows the mind, but not in a good way for creativity, and increases physical energy. Weird combination. Helps with social anxiety for sure.

Side effects I've had: Nausea, gas.

One thing to be aware of though, it will increase absorption of other drugs. It's commonly (?) used by people on prescription painkillers to increase effectiveness. So be wary if you are on any prescribed meds. Also, doesn't mix well with Wellbutrin anti-anxiety/depressant. (personal experience)

Anyway,

Interesting topic haha.

Mushrooms, been there, done that as a teen. @JAJT put into words what I never could about it haha! Especially about the high and low emotions. Sad stuff was the saddest stuff EVER, and I loved EVERYBODY. I was like a puppy that was just so excited to see everyone!

Phenibut: Tried this last year. Weird stuff. Takes away ANY social anxiety. Completely removed my filter from brain to mouth and boy, do I have a lot to say! Like being drunk and lacking inhibitions, but not drunk at all. There's a reason guys use this to pick up women, all fear is GONE. Only lasted a couple of hours for me though. Only side effect was a weird headache. Actually really good for creativity AND productivity. Action-faking is related to fear, and with this there is no fear. If you're serious about a drug for helping your fastlane success, this is good stuff.

Other than that, only weed, nicotine, alcohol. The usual stuff.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I don't do drugs so i don't have much knowledge about LSD,but i do know that drugs are bad and they affect almost every organ in the human Body.

You prefaced a statement on drugs saying you don't have much knowledge on drugs.

Drugs r bad?

Hmmm, how was your coffee this morning?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
moreover doing drugs is not a good thing which you and i know.

Drugs are just substances that cause biological reactions. Nothing more or less.

Caffeine is an addictive drug that causes a pleasant change in your body. It affects your mind and body in ways in which you enjoy.

Put another way - when you drink coffee you are very literally doing an addictive drug recreationally.

Just because it's socially acceptable and legal doesn't change that fact. Drugs don't know they are legal. They don't care that they are accepted. They are merely substances that cause biological reactions.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Not judging because frankly, there's no one in 2017 that isn't some form of drug addict (Amish maybe not?).

Some people are probably able to use drugs to make them more successful, the rest of us will just end up playing XBox for days on end and constantly checking to make sure the apartment door is locked.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Expected landfill - someone looking for the 'secret' to success, instead the author was MJ, very pleased!

Regarding LSD/Mushrooms, I believe them to be a fragile, yet powerful tool - although they are by no means required.

LSD & Mushrooms are portrayed by media as the same thing, which isn't really true. They are merely in the same class of drugs, as are caffeine and cocaine.

For those wondering the difference, a great description I once heard was that LSD is like being the driver of a rocket ship and mushrooms are like being strapped to the rocket ship (it will show you what you need to see, and you'll have very little choice.)

For the reason above I prefer mushrooms as I think it brings to your attention what you really need to address.

As far as my experience, I have had incredible insights on mushrooms - things that I would expect would've taken me years (I speculate) to figure out otherwise.

Like @JAJT mentioned (great post, btw) you wake up the next day and something has changed. The realisations you had, the thoughts, the moments of disbelief, were all real. These realisations are not weed (not a fan, as it happens.) realisations aka "Woah man, what if there is another gender, not just male/female, woaaaah" (You get my point...).

I will now unleash my preschool art skills to try and offer an insight on how psychedelics work at a very basic level...

2rh1pqd.jpg

If you are curious about the topic, I'd be more than happy to chat further. It is such a out of this world, unique, special, and indeed spiritual experience that can only deepen ones character. Words can never do the experience justice.

Do not let yourself grow old without experiencing the wonders of the psych world. Even if only one time - that may be all you really need.

Of course, the real work starts when you must put your realisations to action.

"Psychedelic experience is only a glimpse of genuine mystical insight, but a glimpse which can be matured and deepened by the various ways of meditation in which drugs are no longer necessary or useful. If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen..." - Alan Watts

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Seriously...my creativity has never needed foreign substances. I've heard all kinds of people talking about all the above, and I laugh most of the time. When you don't know the difference between imagination and reality, than you're kind of in trouble. If I die I rather do it the natural way, with my full mental function. I come up with enough weird stuff on my own in art and literature. My question is, "How do they know they can't be creative without it."
Maybe it's just an illusion within an illusion. I push my mind with things like chess, riding on roller coasters, looking at abandoned houses, maneuvering in and out of cultural perspectives. I think you can be inspired by many every day interactions without drugs. INFJ's are dreamy enough. Usually I'm sensitive to prescribed medications, if I took other foreign substances, I'd freak out probably. What it's really all coming down to is the right side of the brain, illusion, fight or flight, fear. Most people have a hard enough time figuring out fiction and fantasy. Just the main population already uses drugs, they seem to act violent, do stupid things, jump off buildings, car surf, drown, road rage, shoot each other, and they claim there being creative. Insanity seems to be pretty close to being arrested for murder, rape, vandalism, and other forms of idiotic behavior. Some individuals walk in front of cars, trains, and drive into parked buildings, that weren't there five minutes ago.

Trigonometry seems to be my latest phase. The more you surround yourself with creativity it automatically push your brain and cuts the pathways. I think the whole drug idea really is more about delusion and hallucination.

Frankly, just from visualizing, I can be creative. I think it's more how your brain is wired. If you practice drawing a flower on a chalk board, you can build a house in your head. You can change colors. I think basically from being on second life and working with shapes and dimensions it actually trained my mind to think that way. Since you're taking shapes and maneuvering to create something.

Bath Salts is one thing that's really crazy. I watched them on you tube. Some people enjoy experimenting. Fortunately, I've never been much of drug experimenter, nor alcohol. I think I just like being in control of my mind.

AmericanSpartan

Warrior Monk
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 20, 2016
Westfield, IN
pipjdaK.jpg

When it comes to psychedelics it helps me to think of the mind-body, which we typically view as one thing together, as seperate. The Mind is the software, and the body is the hardware. The hardware has five senses that provide input into the software, and the software then decides how to interpret the inputted information and then send an output to make the hardware do things. Cycle, repeat.

Psychedelics is like inserting a USB stick and downloading mods for the software to make the regular software programs act and interpret information differently for a short time, which affects how the hardware performs and thus gives the software inputs a different interpretation. Cycle, repeat.

All the data is saved on the hard drive, for the sober software to go back and read the log. Sometimes the data is corrupted, which messes up the software and thus the hardware. Sometimes the data gets lost, and the software can't recall the information, but it knows it ran a different program than usual.

So it is with pyschedelics.

Last edited:

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
My take on microdosing is that it's not the wonder creative drug that it's touted to be -if you read up on the microdosing subreddit (or other easily found online resources), there are tons of pretty lofty claims which I find to be consistent throughout online discussions. I did not experience most of the lofty claims. But that doesn't mean it wasn't worthwhile to me.

I microdosed LSD for 3-4 months earlier this year (following the Fadiman protocol) & definitely had a positive experience with it: it helped highlight some unhealthy mindsets that I subconsciously carried that were definitely damaging to the progress I wanted to make -both personally & professionally. Never once was I tripping in any way -zero impairment of any kind, not even pupil dilation which some people report even at micro dosages. It was like the insightful voice in the back of my head spoke up a little louder & with significantly more insight about my daily happenings. It was actually pretty incredible - but not in any way I was expecting due to online research.

Like anything else in life, these substances can be a tool. Just like with a TIG welder, you don't just run off & decide you want to use it one day -you decide if the tool fits the job you want to accomplish, you read up on how to operate the tool, you do it in a safe environment & potentially even have a teacher guide you at first -you have harm-reductions protocols in place & use them. Psychedelics are no different than any other tool, in my opinion.

The problem with acid is that it's so damn small, and so damn powerful, so taking it in small enough doses to kick your creativity gene whilst not triggering your freakout mechanism is difficult.

This is why you dose volumetrically, in distilled water. It's very easy to control the dose in this manner.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
A lot of the Silicon Valley kids supposedly microdose LSD. That being enough to "loosen" the brain without having an actual trip, thus enabling you to think more creatively and freely.

Micro dosing is usually around 1/10th of a normal does.

Never had the balls to try it myself, but the science makes sense.

AmericanSpartan

Warrior Monk
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 20, 2016
Westfield, IN
I hate when people suggest this [meditation]
The benefits between the 2 are night and day
I know you're trying to be helpful, but all you're doing is discouraging him from a potentially beneficial experience

Meditation is like building a house from the ground up. You prepare the land, lay a foundation, building it brick by brick until it is finished and you can walk inside and live there. Psychedelics is like finding the house and sticking your head through the window for a short look. DMT is like strapping yourself to a rocket ship and blasting off into the unknown depths beyond space and time.

(or so people tell me)

MortimerFox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 14, 2014
London, UK
Read an interesting article about this in Men's Journal, I think. LSD microdosing was mentioned as well as experimenting with the narcolepsy drug Modafinil. It was developed for use by the Air Force during the cold war, and when used, you can expect to stay awake and quite functional for days at a time if necessary. You could send your productivity levels off the charts, and many of the Silicon Valley ilk use this as well and stay up for days writing code. It is fairly low-risk, but of course, it's a prescription drug and any non-standard method of procurement would have to be investigated by the individual.

I used Modafinil for the first six months that I was working on my Publishing business. By the way I don't consider Modafinil to be a 'drug' in line with the topic of this thread. If you're considering it, you have to take Alpha GPC (a form of Choline) with it, else you get intense migraine headaches.

It definitely increases your focus and concentration, but you have to make sure that you are focussing on the thing that you want to work on when you take it. It takes about half an hour to take effect and whatever your attention is fixed upon during that time becomes your sole intense focus for the next four or five hours. So, if your intention is to do work and you start working and pop some Modafinil, you'll spend the next few hours ripping through work. However, if you start watching YouTube videos and pop a pill, you'll spend the next few hours addictively watching YouTube. You won't even consider that you should be doing something else. You'll probably even forget to eat, as Modafinil is also an appetite suppressant.

I eventually stopped using it because I just didn't like feeling like I was on drugs. You don't get the altered reality effects that you get when you're on weed, but you do feel like your vision is ultra-focussed, like a horse wearing blinkers. Also, I started experimenting with reducing the amount of sleep that I got every day, to increase the amount of time I could spend working on my business. That worked, but the feeling was really unpleasant. What happens is that when you deprive yourself of sleep for long enough but you're on Modafinil, you're still intensely awake and focussed but your mind just loses the ability to think. Trying to do anything that involves thought becomes really hard.

So, I abandoned reducing my sleep, as I really think that your brain needs sleep to be able to function properly. I also began questioning why people like Tim Ferriss and Dave Asprey who were massive proponents of Modafinil suddenly decided to stop using it. I read that one of them said "There's no such thing as a free lunch". So, I stopped. I may not get as much work done now as I did then, but it's really great feeling 'clean'.

You haven't lived until you microdose LSD and make cold calls.

I wouldn't recommend this for somebody who hasn't done psychedelics under 5 times.

But you lose the fear of what's going to go wrong.

It can also back-fire, because a buddy of mine tried to pitch $100K to a client while microdosing on LSD.

He didn't land the client, but it just shows you how it dissolves your fear.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but this is just rubbish. You don't do drugs to 'dissolve' your fear of doing something. You just DO IT. I used to be petrified of talking to people on the phone. So I GOT A JOB ANSWERING PHONES. I used to be terrified of the thought of talking to attractive girls. Guess what? I got really good at talking to girls by DOING IT. I didn't need to take LSD to do it, I just needed to grab my balls and put them on the chopping block.

Last edited:

startinup

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jul 8, 2016
When I first saw this post I thought LordPhenny was back and was surprised to see MJ was the OP.

I've always had some interest in LSD and Shrooms for personal growth reasons. Never decided to do them yet because I either didn't know anyone I was comfortable enough around or didn't have a sitter.

From what I've learned it's important to:
  • have someone who is sober or very experienced to make sure you don't go down the wrong mental pathway and have a "Bad Trip".
  • test your substances if you are using LSD. Lot's of people sell drugs as LSD, but it often isn't the real thing.

For anyone curious, here's a introductory video I watched a couple years back when I was thinking about trying out LSD:

Erowid is a reliable site for drug information.

Hope this helps anyone interested learn a bit more :)

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
  1. I take caffeine and theanine when I need to get my energy levels up on the weekends.
  2. It is like taking a dosed version of green tea.
  3. It gives me a sense of tranquility and focus.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I think I will begin my 30 day progress thread on combined effect of meditation and theanine+caffeine. At least it's going to be a short progress thread that may help someone on the forum.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I was asked my opinion on drugs (LSD) as a tool for creativity during one of my podcast interviews and frankly came up blank as I didn't have enough knowledge to form an opinion, other than SCRIPTED responses (drugs are bad/dangerous/etc.)

Your thoughts?

I could tell you that this would be "writers block" worst enemy.

Other related forum topics:

Nootropics (Brain drugs!)

O/T: Health - Nootropics? Anyone familiar with them?

Very interesting; I have used various drugs throughout my life including LSD, however have never heard of it being used as a creativity tool.

I think like all drugs, its use can be beneficial, its abuse is not. The problem with acid is that it's so damn small, and so damn powerful, so taking it in small enough doses to kick your creativity gene whilst not triggering your freakout mechanism is difficult.

Between the ages of 17 and about 20, I took a lot of acid, when I say a lot, I'm talking about a 12 month period whereby I took it almost every day. I tripped on all sorts of different strengths, and of course was using it for recreational purposes. I did indeed have lots of, aha I've solved the most important problems in the world moments, however was always too mashed up to write them down or remember them afterwards.

I like mushrooms more because you can control their dosage a lot more effectively, taking 5 or 10 (British psylocibins) might make you a bit giggly, 20-30 and you are in an interesting zone, 50 + and you're tripping balls (depending on body weight, state of mind, etc.)

It intrigues me that highly successful people are using this, although Tim Ferris is quite out there, and I doubt that his mastermind group is typical. My advice would be to buddy up with someone you trust, who really knows their acid. Then get them to give you a very low dose and go from there.

Ultimately I'm all for using drugs to enhance cognitive function; I'm on Modafinil as I write this, and have used skunk weed in the past to write creatively. I kind of got over LSD and have a very different reaction than when I used to take it, watching that video does make me want to have another go at it, this time using it for developmental purposes.

Thanks for the post, I really had no idea!

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
I am firmly in the "Just say no" camp. The negative effects of the entire drug trade outweigh any one person's desire to make cold calls or whatever BS reason they use to justify it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I should note that it is easy to grow dependent on caffeine

Most coffee drinkers are addicted to caffeine without realizing it.

The simple way to tell is to stop drinking it for a week. When the horrible headaches kick in and the painkillers barely work you can confidently say you were addicted to caffeine :)

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
After doing some independent research, I made a decision. I will not try LSD. I'd rather drink coffee and exercise to keep a clear mind.

I believe in God, I'm not trying to get religious. But, I do remember my promise I made to God - that I'd never do drugs.

If you are a fan of God, you can visit him/her/it for just a few hits ;)

No, obviously completely 100% respect your decision.

Although, one must question, where you draw the line with "I'd never do drugs". You've had alcohol before, right? If Alcohol didn't have the history it has and was a new drug on the scene, imagine the uproar! The newspaper headlines on this new 'substance' would be entertaining to say the least.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 4, 2016
Steve Jobs has taken LSD in his youth and said it had a profound effect on his life.

Both of my friends who have tried Ayahusca, have nothing but positive things to say about their "trips". In fact, both are going to South America to do more as it is a gateway for more introspection and peace. A lot of soldiers suffering from PTSD are using Ayahusca. It can definitely help with depression and anxiety. One big takeaway I hear from these trips is that there is a lot more self forgiveness and understanding about yourself when you let your "sub conscious" speak.

I hear that you should "graduate" if you want to do psychedelics. Its first mushrooms-> LSD-> Ayahusca-> DMT.
From my very limited understanding of these drugs, it activates the DMT chemical in your brain that is responsible for "vivid" dreams, or most commonly known as the "spirit" molecule.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6Xkk-kzk
"The spirit molecule" documentary

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLKC_x2JUsg
"vets seeking help with ayahusca"

I haven't tried it yet but would eventually...

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I think I will begin my 30 day progress thread on combined effect of meditation and theanine+caffeine. At least it's going to be a short progress thread that may help someone on the forum.

• Meditation is the best, check out the Insight Timer app.
  • There are certain meditations that energize me and others that help me release and feel at ease
  • I do not recommend taking caffeine and theanine at night for obvious reasons...
  • Caffeine's half life is around 6-8 hours, whereas l-theanine's is around 3

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.