The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for advice on Marketing my App

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

tehbest1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 27, 2017
London, UK
I have an app on Android and iOS and I am looking for ideas to market it.

www.martinogg.com/apps/studynwalk

The app is called StudyNWalk. Its a flashcard learning app, similar to Anki, Memrise and Duolingo, except that has a unique UI and voice queues that allow you to study without looking at the screen. You can use it to make more efficient use of your "down times" like when you're waiting in queues, walking outside, or waiting for a friend.

As far as marketing goes, I have a Landing page, that links to the Android/iOS apps in stores. These are bitly links so I can trace the hit rates.

For more active marketing, I have spent time joining relevant reddit and facebook groups (Language learning, Japanese, Chinese, etc, and flashcard groups) and posting into them, advertising my landing page and what the apps will do for them.

I'm looking to concentrate my efforts on marketing for this app, as well as learn general marketing skills (I'm much more of a developer at this point in time). If you have any comments or suggestions then I'd be grateful to hear them

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• a1024500.png
    a1024500.png
    316 KB · Views: 4

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
If you find a way to make professors promote your app, that would be huge. When marketing apps, I would go for influencing the leaders-experts of the field rather than the general audience.

You can also offer speak for free at Universities around the UK and can provide extra value on science behind learning.

tehbest1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 27, 2017
London, UK
If you find a way to make professors promote your app, that would be huge. When marketing apps, I would go for influencing the leaders-experts of the field rather than the general audience.

You can also offer speak for free at Universities around the UK and can provide extra value on science behind learning.

Thats a really good idea, thanks for that. I'd begin by aiming my efforts online towards teachers and see how it can help them to teach their students more effectively.
I reckon having the ability for teachers to create content bespoke to their classes, that then students can grab and use in their own time would be a great feature. Currently content is downloadable from a server, but I am the only person who can upload content. It wouldn't be a huge jump to let others create content

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I'd recommend:

1. Create a stand-alone site dedicated to just that app (it doesn't appear there's one).
2. Hire a better graphic designer to make some more appealing graphics. The current designs look somewhat dated, to be honest.
3. Use more white backgrounds overall. Site, app, promotional graphics etc.

I've used Duolingo for years, and one of my favorite things about it is its clean clutter-free interface.
A more visually appealing app will yield exponential returns on your marketing efforts.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Have you tried ads on the app store? So far for me this has been the most effective thing I have tried for mine.

tehbest1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 27, 2017
London, UK
I'd recommend:

1. Create a stand-alone site dedicated to just that app (it doesn't appear there's one).
2. Hire a better graphic designer to make some more appealing graphics. The current designs look somewhat dated, to be honest.
3. Use more white backgrounds overall. Site, app, promotional graphics etc.

I've used Duolingo for years, and one of my favorite things about it is its clean clutter-free interface.
A more visually appealing app will yield exponential returns on your marketing efforts.

1. By stand alone site, do you mean also its own domain ?

Thanks for your response

tehbest1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 27, 2017
London, UK
Have you tried ads on the app store? So far for me this has been the most effective thing I have tried for mine.
Thats a good idea, recently seen both Android and iOS have ads on the stores themselves. I haven't tried any paid advertising as yet

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Thats a good idea, recently seen both Android and iOS have ads on the stores themselves. I haven't tried any paid advertising as yet

The app store ads are working great for me. Right now I'm getting conversion rates of about 50%. That is, 1 out of every 2 people that click on the ad, end up downloading it. My tap through rate hovers around 11%.

Jose L. Nimmons

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Jul 31, 2017
Tempe, AZ
It is essential to establish your personal online presence, independent of your app. Let’s face it, the majority of your app marketing will be done online or on mobile, so you need to engage your potential customers and collaborators on those mediums.

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Ah, welcome to the hard part. In my experience starting to build something, doing the work and polishing it all up to a final product is 5% of the work and the other 95% is marketing it. Now it's the hard part for you!

What I would recommend is having great copy on the site, making sure that the site is web designed and that it presents the app in a way that would make people download it. After you have that covered, your task is to pick the right marketing path to success. This can be a really difficult thing to do as there are countless ways to advertise online, so make sure to choose a strategy that will work. Once you have found something that works, dig deep and reinvest in that lake until it's a swamp. That"s how you grow.

When you have made some traction with the app, pm me and I will feature you on producthunt to get some more eyeballs on you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.