The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for Accountability Partner(s)

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Tomas J

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 11, 2018
Hi there,
I believe that a lot of you noticed, as well as I did, that entrepreneurship may be kind of a lonely path.
Since I work from home as a freelancer, working on my own business (building something like a digital agency in a specific field), I spend most of my days at the home, having contact with almost no one except my good friend who is also my roommate, and my girlfriend. The problem isn't that I wouldn't have any friends, but almost all of them started a different path of life - having regular jobs, etc. I realized that it is really tough to sustain my focus and "motivation" when I don't people with similar interests around me (+ my parents are constantly trying to push me to follow the script).
I didn't think about the exact concept yet but I would like to establish an accountability relationship(s) through this forum. Whether it would mean a call once a week or some daily updates via chat, I would welcome it all.
If any of you would have similar problems and/or intentions, let me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Hi there,
I believe that a lot of you noticed, as well as I did, that entrepreneurship may be kind of a lonely path.
Since I work from home as a freelancer, working on my own business (building something like a digital agency in a specific field), I spend most of my days at the home, having contact with almost no one except my good friend who is also my roommate, and my girlfriend. The problem isn't that I wouldn't have any friends, but almost all of them started a different path of life - having regular jobs, etc. I realized that it is really tough to sustain my focus and "motivation" when I don't people with similar interests around me (+ my parents are constantly trying to push me to follow the script).
I didn't think about the exact concept yet but I would like to establish an accountability relationship(s) through this forum. Whether it would mean a call once a week or some daily updates via chat, I would welcome it all.
If any of you would have similar problems and/or intentions, let me know!
I can relate. I'm also a feelancer who's now planning the 'next move' (scaling to an agency). I live in a foreign country with my girlfriend and pretty much only go out to the store and back. Maybe once a week, we go out and do something exciting, but for the rest of the time, I'm in the same exact position. I have also thought of a similar support/accountability group, so I'm all up for the idea!

Last edited:

Bradlad9

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Feb 15, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey Tomas, where are you based?
I have always been open to the idea of some sort of accountability group/partner but have never been serious enough about getting one. I think the time is right now as I am also using this forum as a way to keep on track and grow in 2021.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Following! I'm always interested in making friends!

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Sounds a lot like my story! :)

I've been saving the user names of people looking for Accountability partners over the last year or so. We might have enough for a Posse!

Last edited:

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I’ll join in, maybe make a skype group or something?

Is anyone opposed to using Telegram or Discord? Skype is a battery hog.

nickalden

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Sep 5, 2020
indonesia
Is anyone opposed to using Telegram or Discord? Skype is a battery hog.
I think a discord group would be great, just don’t use it to call meaninglessly as it is usually used for. Maybe we can use it for daily updates and asking questions. Wanna make one?

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I think a discord group would be great, just don’t use it to call meaninglessly as it is usually used for. Maybe we can use it for daily updates and asking questions. Wanna make one?

Of course and absolutely! Is everyone cool with me PMing the server address?

Edit: Check your PMs guys!

Last edited:

Tomas J

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 11, 2018
Of course and absolutely! Is everyone cool with me PMing the server address?

Edit: Check your PMs guys!
Hey! Thanks for the invite, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Attachments

• 24.01.2021_20.36.12_REC.png
    24.01.2021_20.36.12_REC.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 0

Tomas J

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 11, 2018
Hey Tomas, where are you based?
I have always been open to the idea of some sort of accountability group/partner but have never been serious enough about getting one. I think the time is right now as I am also using this forum as a way to keep on track and grow in 2021.
I am from the Czech Republic, and you guys?:)

NickHere

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Nov 2, 2020
UK
Is this primarily chat based? I already have a group that I meet with every week, would be good to have a more general accountability group to throw things out there more regularly

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Is this primarily chat based? I already have a group that I meet with every week, would be good to have a more general accountability group to throw things out there more regularly

Yes it is! We also have a bunch of boards going on if you want to post something that won't get lost in chat.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey