The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Looking for Accountability Partner(s)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Tomas J

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 11, 2018
Hi there,
I believe that a lot of you noticed, as well as I did, that entrepreneurship may be kind of a lonely path.
Since I work from home as a freelancer, working on my own business (building something like a digital agency in a specific field), I spend most of my days at the home, having contact with almost no one except my good friend who is also my roommate, and my girlfriend. The problem isn't that I wouldn't have any friends, but almost all of them started a different path of life - having regular jobs, etc. I realized that it is really tough to sustain my focus and "motivation" when I don't people with similar interests around me (+ my parents are constantly trying to push me to follow the script).
I didn't think about the exact concept yet but I would like to establish an accountability relationship(s) through this forum. Whether it would mean a call once a week or some daily updates via chat, I would welcome it all.
If any of you would have similar problems and/or intentions, let me know!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Devilery

Contributor
Feb 11, 2019
Hi there,
I believe that a lot of you noticed, as well as I did, that entrepreneurship may be kind of a lonely path.
Since I work from home as a freelancer, working on my own business (building something like a digital agency in a specific field), I spend most of my days at the home, having contact with almost no one except my good friend who is also my roommate, and my girlfriend. The problem isn't that I wouldn't have any friends, but almost all of them started a different path of life - having regular jobs, etc. I realized that it is really tough to sustain my focus and "motivation" when I don't people with similar interests around me (+ my parents are constantly trying to push me to follow the script).
I didn't think about the exact concept yet but I would like to establish an accountability relationship(s) through this forum. Whether it would mean a call once a week or some daily updates via chat, I would welcome it all.
If any of you would have similar problems and/or intentions, let me know!
I can relate. I'm also a feelancer who's now planning the 'next move' (scaling to an agency). I live in a foreign country with my girlfriend and pretty much only go out to the store and back. Maybe once a week, we go out and do something exciting, but for the rest of the time, I'm in the same exact position. I have also thought of a similar support/accountability group, so I'm all up for the idea!

Last edited:

Bradlad9

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 15, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey Tomas, where are you based?
I have always been open to the idea of some sort of accountability group/partner but have never been serious enough about getting one. I think the time is right now as I am also using this forum as a way to keep on track and grow in 2021.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Following! I'm always interested in making friends!

Hadrian

Celtic Whispers
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Sounds a lot like my story! :)

I've been saving the user names of people looking for Accountability partners over the last year or so. We might have enough for a Posse!

Last edited:

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I’ll join in, maybe make a skype group or something?

Is anyone opposed to using Telegram or Discord? Skype is a battery hog.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I think a discord group would be great, just don’t use it to call meaninglessly as it is usually used for. Maybe we can use it for daily updates and asking questions. Wanna make one?

Of course and absolutely! Is everyone cool with me PMing the server address?

Edit: Check your PMs guys!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Tomas J

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 11, 2018
Of course and absolutely! Is everyone cool with me PMing the server address?

Edit: Check your PMs guys!
Hey! Thanks for the invite, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Attachments

• 24.01.2021_20.36.12_REC.png
    24.01.2021_20.36.12_REC.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 0

Tomas J

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 11, 2018
Hey Tomas, where are you based?
I have always been open to the idea of some sort of accountability group/partner but have never been serious enough about getting one. I think the time is right now as I am also using this forum as a way to keep on track and grow in 2021.
I am from the Czech Republic, and you guys?:)

Hadrian

Celtic Whispers
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Ireland Baby! Timezone: GMT

NickHere

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Nov 2, 2020
UK
Is this primarily chat based? I already have a group that I meet with every week, would be good to have a more general accountability group to throw things out there more regularly

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Is this primarily chat based? I already have a group that I meet with every week, would be good to have a more general accountability group to throw things out there more regularly

Yes it is! We also have a bunch of boards going on if you want to post something that won't get lost in chat.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads