The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for Accountability Buddy

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
D

Deleted88861

The title says it all. I'm making electronic music and finding my mind wondering too much and I give up. It's not good enough. It would be really cool to connect with someone and hold each other accountable. Thanks :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
The title says it all. I'm making electronic music and finding my mind wondering too much and I give up. It's not good enough. It would be really cool to connect with someone and hold each other accountable. Thanks :)
Hey!
Amazing idea. I don't think I'm the perfect suit for you because I do nothing with music. But wish you all the best.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Hey,

if you're going to depend on others to keep you accountable instead of being disciplined yourself, I think you will be struggling your whole life.

Stop worrying about whether you are good enough and just keep at it. Nobody starts off being a hit. Quit being a baby and giving up the first sign something gets difficult.

FYI, I've never met a creative person who is happy and satisfied with their work. That's what makes them successful, the dissatisfaction keeps you on your toes and constantly trying to improve and get better. Don't give up.
I totally agree. But it surely can help having somebody out there who keeps you accountable. Having a friend who keeps you accountable doesn't have to mean that you aren't disciplined yourself, it only means that you want to improve.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Potential fans that want to listen to your music dont hold you accountable?
The march of time isnt enough to keep you accountable to yourself?
What kind of accountability are you looking for?

D

Deleted88861

I totally agree. But it surely can help having somebody out there who keeps you accountable. Having a friend who keeps you accountable doesn't have to mean that you aren't disciplined yourself, it only means that you want to improve.
Absolutely. I do work hard at my craft, but feel like the extra edge could help. Are you involved in music or the creative industry yourself? Thanks

D

Deleted88861

Potential fans that want to listen to your music dont hold you accountable?
The march of time isnt enough to keep you accountable to yourself?
What kind of accountability are you looking for?
not to put myself down here, but I haven't got many real fans if I'm being honest with you. I've not been one to really promote myself or a brand as such. I'm more into staying behind the scenes and doing session stuff, or selling the masters to my music. I haven't released any new music in a long time as I don't think I want to have a brand or anything anymore. I used to have friends that made music, too, but they gave up a long time ago. Trying to stay humble here, I keep hearing from people things like "you need to get yourself out there" or "there are lots of people that will love this kind of music", but I'm just not sure. I am saying this because I do feel the music is there, its good, but I'm not finishing projects.

Here is my Soundcloud if you fancy taking a look, up to you: Soundcloud/itsarron
View: https://soundcloud.com/itsarron

The kind of accountability I'm looking for? Well, put it this way, I work very hard already with music as is, but near the end of projects I dither around, lose focus and struggle to see the pay off. So there goes another unfinished track. It would be great to have someone to speak with and hold one another accountable for the things we are trying to achieve.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Absolutely. I do work hard at my craft, but feel like the extra edge could help. Are you involved in music or the creative industry yourself? Thanks
I was a little in the past. But I wasn't 100% committed. Now I'm more in the food and beverage industry. :) But good luck and just contact me if you need any help.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.