The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lonnie deal then no first time home buyer status?

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Anyone know if I do a "Lonnie Deal" and buy/sell a mobile home and finance the sale, if that would remove my first time home buyer status?

My wife and I are going to buy a home this year and I want to make sure this doesn't disqualify us from an FHA loan (3% down) or other first time home buyer incentives.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Not certain about this, but I would think that if you are doing a traditional Lonnie deal, i.e. buying a mobile home that's in a park (not on its own land nor on a foundation) that you would be okay because a mobile home in a park isn't considered "real estate", but personal property.

StreetsofSilver

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 4, 2008
PA
Talk to a mortgage broker in your state to be sure. Most states consider mobile homes to be vehicles unless it has a concrete slab basement.

FHA loans aren't just for first time home buyers. It can only be used for owner occupants and you can't have more than one outstanding FHA mortgage with a loan to value of higher than 75%. You can own rental property and purchase your primary residence using FHA mortgage financing.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
As an aside, I just read that to finance mobile homes in Minnesota, you need to have a dealers license, which you can only get after 2 years of having a real estate license. So that may stop this idea dead in its tracks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
As an aside, I just read that to finance mobile homes in Minnesota, you need to have a dealers license, which you can only get after 2 years of having a real estate license. So that may stop this idea dead in its tracks.

Interesting, would that also include lease to own?

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Interesting, would that also include lease to own?

No Runum, you make a good point. It does not include lease/rent to own.

Sid, if you do not mind being a "Land Lord" then you can still definitely do the deal with a lease to own option. You will just have to have insurance in your name the whole time, pay the property taxes and help your tenants with any issues at the home.

Since you are young and moving into the apartment market next it might be a good thing to try, and you will still double your cash.

Lonnie talks about it in the end of his eBook, so if you bought that thing today like you were contemplating, make sure you read on the lease/rent to own section near the end of the book. He says it is very profitable, no dealer license required, but you have to be willing to deal with a tenant!

G. Alexander

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.