The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Human Longevity Breakthroughs, Resources, and Websites

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
If anyone of you are not working out that is the number one thing you can do for health imo.

This is the third time I've fallen off the wagon a bit since I started a few years ago but I'm getting back to it regularly now and I feel so much better.

This is the 2nd or third time that a predictable pattern has happened. Every time I haven't squatted heavy for a certain time and I come back to it, I get sick after my first big work out.

Why is this? The demand exercise places on the body is HARD, especially compound lifts. But the benefit you gain when you regularly do these is that your body responds by becoming stronger and more resistant to disease, inside and out. I feel like a superman every time I crush a hard workout once I'm on the path regularly, and it gives me so much energy, power, clear thought, determination, and peace of mind.

The 2nd best thing is to be hungry every once in a while, this clears away a lot of junk in the body that can build up if your nutrition is always met by food every few hours.

The vast majority of general health problems that afflict the general population like heart disease, most cancers, etc are fixed by doing just these two.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Heres an interesting new pharma

Just had positive phase 3 results (seeking fda approval)

Its for a rare degenerative nerve disease (runs in my family)

Heres the kicker though ill ELI5 how this drug works. Its telling the dna in your cells mitochondria (the cells power house) to create more proteins associated with antioxidant activity while simultaneously telling it to stop producing proteins that are inflammatory.

So instead of taking vitamin c and tumeric and receiving anti oxidant and anti inflammatory effects endogenously (from outside the body) , its forcing the activity upstream right at the cellular powerhouse.

The fact that a medicine exists to do this , is proven and is seeking fda approval is nothing short of a medical technology hail mary.

The amount of associated discoveries and followup drugs and supplements that will be available now that a drug pathway to get this to work has been validated is nothing short of stunning.

Were a real step , a real empirically tested scientifically sound step closer to an honest to god anti aging pill. If you can modify the pathway for a few proteins coding information with this precision it opens up just entire avenues that were science fiction not ten years ago.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Bill Faloon of Life Extension is live now with the Perpetual Life Church Life talking about the latest and greatest in reverse aging and life extension.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Ageing in humans reversed with hyperbaric oxygen therapy​

Scientists, led by Yafit Hachmo, from the Research and Development Unit, Shamir Medical Center, Tzrifin, Israel, turned back the human clock for 35 adults aged 64 and older by reversing two key areas of the body thought responsible for the frailty and ill-health that comes with growing older. Protective caps at the ends of chromosomes, known as telomeres, shorten, causing DNA to become damaged and cells to stop replicating as people age. At the same time, senescent cells build up in the body, preventing regeneration.

Increasing telomere length and getting rid of senescent cells is the focus of anti-ageing research, with drugs being developed to target those areas, The Telegraph reported.

The 35 patients were repeatedly given pure oxygen in a hyperbaric chamber, which increased the length of their telomeres by 20%, a feat that has never been achieved before.

Scientists said the growth may mean that the telomeres of trial participants were now as long as they had been 25 years earlier.

The therapy also reduced senescent cells by up to 37%, enabling new healthy cells to regrow
. Animal studies have shown that removing senescent cells extends remaining life by more than 33%.

This may be a solid business idea for someone in the near future.

Last edited:

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ

Ageing in humans reversed with hyperbaric oxygen therapy​

This may be a solid business idea for someone in the near future.

Tony Robbins did a long hyperbaric treatment for his spine and mercury poison at one point (iirc he went to australia for it)

I wonder what the margins on a fancy health spa are?

Seems like something that wouldn't scale well since youd need the boujie customer base.

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
tl;dr: Has anybody a good and trustworthy source for NMN?

After reading David Sinclairs Lifespan book I'm very tempted to try NMN. If you are interested in what the author takes today, this website provides a good write-up with sources:
David Sinclair Supplements - What He Takes & Where to Buy - NMN, Resveratrol & Metformin

Unfortunately it seems to be very difficult to find a good source that meets my demands:
- capsule form
- third party tested for purity AND absence of heavy metals
- micronized for better bio avialability
- under 4$ / gramm
- trustworthy manufacturer

I now spent more than 5 hours trying to find that. Haven't found it on Amazon. Many other sites google offers seem to be shady or too expensive. effePharm from Shanghai seemed promising. But after a quick research it turned out, that the building on their website was just a stock photo and is not to be found on google maps sattelite pictures. That is not trustworthy to me. Nadiol doesn't seem to test for heavy metals and is not mentioned if it's micronized (so I assume it's not - still wating for a reply from customer service). Some german webshops are so laughably bad that I consider making a better one myself.

@Lex DeVille @LifeTransformer
So if you take NMN, where did you get yours from?

And did you test the results using a horvard clock analysis?

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Bill Falloon - Summary of Recent Longevity Research Progress

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Dr. David Sinclair is taking applications for his new research to determine your biological age. (Free to join)

Dr. Sinclair | Longevity + Aging Expert

And if you go through this link you can sign up and bump me up on the list at the same time. :)

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Dr. David Sinclair is taking applications for his new research to determine your biological age. (Free to join)

Dr. Sinclair | Longevity + Aging Expert

And if you go through this link you can sign up and bump me up on the list at the same time. :)

I've dropped from #66,000 to #22 on the list. Maybe I'll become a research guinea pig sooner than expected.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Dr. Harold Katcher - Chief Scientific Officer at Yuvan Research Inc. - Discusses "E5" - Another Potential Age Reversal Breakthrough Showing Massive Success in Mice

This was posted 2 days ago. In the video, he also discusses moving into human trials and aiming for global distribution within the human population within 2 years. Apparently, the ingredients for E5 are widely available, making fast distribution possible once it is approved for use in humans.

I'm paraphrasing, but my understanding is that it isn't a question of whether or not E5 works at this point. The one unknown is how many times it will work. Currently, the mice seem to be doing well after 3 rounds of treatments. They're in their 3rd year of life (the longest is 4 for lab mice according to the video).

Also, Brent Nally's (the video host) YouTube channel is all about longevity, and he has had numerous interviews with people like Dr. Bill Andrews, Dr. Sinclair, and Dr. De Grey. I only came across it today, but it looks like a valuable resource for keeping up with the latest breakthroughs.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

any thoughts?

I don't eat fast food at all. Rarely eat at restaurants. Most use low-quality ingredients that can be sold at scale.

There are some small restaurants here that get their ingredients from local farms that I trust. So I'll eat at those places if I feel like dining out.

Mostly, I get food from local farms or Natural Grocers and cook it myself in real butter, never vegetable oil.

I did eat donuts a couple of times this year from a regular donut shop. My body got so inflamed within a week (both times) that it looked like I'd gained 20lbs.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Jeff Bezos Funds Antiaging Biotech Startup with $270m
People hate on everything this man does but I'm actually really happy and excited that he's focusing on things like longevity and space exploration.

Innovation doesn't just happen!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
First Patient Injected with Experimental Cancer Killing Virus

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
First Patient Injected with Experimental Cancer Killing Virus

Thank you for this. Fingers crossed. I've felt for years that in part, helping our immune system fight cancer, looked promising.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Very interesting that we have made good progress in the field. Hopefully we achieve immorality then find a solution to the heat death of the universe.

Speaking of the present all the more reason to go fastlane and workout so you increase your probability of getting access.

Last edited:

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Last edited:

Arithen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 13, 2021
Canada
I recently discovered Bryan Johnson's approach to longevity, slowing aging, and reversing aging.

The absolute most important factor in anything regarding research and development is data. Bryan and his team of researchers and doctors base every decision on measured changes, data, and what is and isn't working. He does blood tests very frequently, MRI scans, other imaging scans, and a host of other examinations to see immediate day-to-day changes and improvements. Everything is based on data; if the data shows an improvement in one direction, they will take it, regardless if it counters current practices because the data doesn't lie.

If you want a summary of his research this video is worth the watch.
View: https://youtu.be/I3r7q63bMqg

If you want more detail, Byran has his own channel which he goes deeply into every aspect of the program he has developed (https://www.youtube.com/c/BryanJohnson).

Additionally, he gives ALL the data away for free, including his regiment, meals, tests, supplements, and the recipes for all of it.
blueprint

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I recently discovered Bryan Johnson's approach to longevity, slowing aging, and reversing aging.

The absolute most important factor in anything regarding research and development is data. Bryan and his team of researchers and doctors base every decision on measured changes, data, and what is and isn't working. He does blood tests very frequently, MRI scans, other imaging scans, and a host of other examinations to see immediate day-to-day changes and improvements. Everything is based on data; if the data shows an improvement in one direction, they will take it, regardless if it counters current practices because the data doesn't lie.

If you want a summary of his research this video is worth the watch.
View: https://youtu.be/I3r7q63bMqg

If you want more detail, Byran has his own channel which he goes deeply into every aspect of the program he has developed (https://www.youtube.com/c/BryanJohnson).

Additionally, he gives ALL the data away for free, including his regiment, meals, tests, supplements, and the recipes for all of it.
blueprint
Been following Bryan’s stuff for a while.

Interesting to see how he is behaving like an athlete to minimize the impact of aging.

There are other two approaches as well that would need major technological breakthrough.

1) Freeze aging at cellular level.

2) Upload our consciousness to a machine.

Looking that the recent passing of Queen Elizabeth, David Rockerfeller and Jiang Zemin at around 100 years old plus minus a few years, I guess 100 years old is the natural limit to have a team of doctors taking care of you without the need of you living the lifestyle like Bryan. The technological breakthrough is not here yet.

Bryan’s strategy is still to buy time until a major technological breakthrough happens.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 3, 2022
Bryan’s strategy is still to buy time until a major technological breakthrough happens.
Which will probably be when AI becomes self iterating. I'm on the optimistic side and agree with Ray Kurzwelll's prediction of 2045 being the "singularity" date

Been reading Life 3.0 (A unique book about AI and its possible consequences for the future. Would recommend) and I would say that if your a Gen Z geniune innovation in longevity [As right now its really only going to boost your life 20-30 years which historically hasn't been too meaningful] is within our horizons as long as you hit the gym.eat real foods,and get good sleep so you can live to 60-80+.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.