The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Long time reader, working to scale my 6-figure ecommerce business to 7-figures

cor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
May 8, 2016
The World
Hey everyone,

Long story short:
  • Business school graduate in 2008 (great timing with the collapse and all)
  • Started a window washing business that failed after 1 year (that resulted in me getting sued)
  • Decided I wasn't cut out for entrepreneurship, so I went back to school to become a civil engineer
  • Worked for a civil engineering company, made an amazing salary but something didn't feel right
  • On my way to work, was listening to the 4-hour workweek audiobook, i felt so inspired that I turned off the highway, went home, and quit
  • Started freelancing: website design, digital marketing consulting
  • Read the Millionaire Fastlane , decided I wanted to retire early one day (like... really early, 35 years old)
  • Started blogging and sharing my experience
  • Started working at Shopify 2 years ago: I felt like I could help and reach more entrepreneurs this way... Shopify creates more entrepreneurs and I wanted to be a part of that
  • I run a 6-figure ecommerce business (revenue) on the side.
  • Recently got an email letting me know Unscripted was released (oh yeah, that MJ DeMarco guy!) read it, LOVED IT. Articulated my feelings a lot better than I ever could on the whole system and how to play it.
I hope to contribute when I can. Would love to share what I'm doing, my knowledge in Facebook ads, copywriting, conversion rate optimization. I also want to grow my business to a 7-figure revenue business and with my projections, I'll do it in 2018. However, with my margins, if I want to net $1 million profit, I need to make around $7000-$8000 revenue a day. (right now I'm doing $2000/day)

See you around!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

bitsinmyblood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 29, 2017
Washington State, USA
Hey everyone,

Long story short:
  • Business school graduate in 2008 (great timing with the collapse and all)
  • Started a window washing that failed after 1 year (that resulted in me getting sued)
  • Decided I wasn't cut out for entrepreneurship, so I went back to school to become a civil engineer
  • Worked for a civil engineering company, made an amazing salary but something didn't feel right
  • On my way to work, was listening to the 4-hour workweek audiobook, i felt so inspired that I turned off the highway, went home, and quit
  • Started freelancing: website design, digital marketing consulting
  • Read the Millionaire Fastlane , decided I wanted to retire early one day (like... really early, 35 years old)
  • Started blogging and sharing my experience
  • Started working at Shopify 2 years ago: I felt like I could help and reach more entrepreneurs this way... Shopify creates more entrepreneurs and I wanted to be a part of that
  • I run a 6-figure ecommerce business (revenue) on the side.
  • Recently got an email letting me know Unscripted was released (oh yeah, that MJ DeMarco guy!) read it, LOVED IT. Articulated my feelings a lot better than I ever could on the whole system and how to play it.
I hope to contribute when I can. Would love to share what I'm doing, my knowledge in Facebook ads, copywriting, conversion rate optimization. I also want to grow my business to a 7-figure revenue business and with my projections, I'll do it in 2018. However, with my margins, if I want to net $1 million profit, I need to make around $7000-$8000 revenue a day. (right now I'm doing $2000/day)

See you around!
Welcome!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Started a window washing that failed after 1 year (that resulted in me getting sued)

Care to share a bit more about this? We've got a bunch of people starting local service businesses on the forum and this is a very real outcome for botching something up.

Welcome to the forum!

cor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
May 8, 2016
The World
Care to share a bit more about this? We've got a bunch of people starting local service businesses on the forum and this is a very real outcome for botching something up.

Yeah absolutely. I hired "employees" (they were just people I found on Craigslist to do the window washing work for me while I found the clients) and didn't have the foresight to get insurance or have them bonded. In other words, no background check and if they stole/destroyed anything, my business was liable and I couldn't protect myself. About a year into it, an employee went wild after getting into an argument with a client and wound up smashing up their windows instead of cleaning them. Moral of the story: if you run a services business, make sure your employees are bondable and pay for the damn insurance. To be fair, I was only 21 at the time, fresh out of business school.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...