The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From $9k behind on rent to a 7 figure business! Here's how.

todonelist

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,116%
Oct 2, 2018
Before reading this post, check out the original post here.

Today is May 13, 2023. A couple days ago, on May 11th, it was my 3 year anniversary of running my herbal tea business full-time.

On December 12th, 2022, we crossed $1M in revenue, becoming a 7 figure business!!!! The following is a brief summary of the lessons I've learned building this business from scratch....

First, let's get the receipts out of the way!

Here is the day we hit 7 figures:
1m.jpg
Wow... still crazy to see. This was achieved by:
1. Facebook Ads
2. Organic IG content

That's all. There's a few thousand that came from me testing Google Ads and Youtube ads, but nothing significant.

Now, how much did I spend to get here? Here's my FB Ads total from May 11th, 2020 - December 12th, 2022:
fbads.png
Now, before you say "yea but I don't have $350k to invest!!!", you were about to expose yourself for not reading through the original post :)

This all started with $150.

I want you guys to look at the date of my rental balance:
1.jpg
On May 1st, rent hit and I hit my peak at $9,452.58 behind on rent. My landlord said pay $1k a week or get evicted. Just 10 days later, our lives changed on that first day, May 11th. We went on to pay that $1k per week off:
1234567.jpg

Now, let's talk about some lessons I've learned over the past 3 years.

Work Smarter, Not AND Harder
I can't lie, I didn't work super hard for this. Especially in comparison to my Uber days. Lately, I've been thinking about this a lot. Like, back in those days, I would wake up at 4am and hit the road. I'd come back around 11am and eat lunch and then jump right back out there. Come back for dinner and then if I still had energy, I'd go back out one more time. I worked at least 12 hours every day.

I worked WAY harder for Uber than I have been working for my own business. When it was for Uber, I felt like I had no choice. I absolutely had to get up and out that early if I wanted to make a decent amount of money that day. I had no choice to stay out there because as you saw, I was almost $10,000 behind on rent so I couldn't afford NOT to be working.

On one half, I attribute this to the fact that this business model is A LOT SMARTER compared to driving people around all day for peanuts. Facebook Ads did all the heavy lifting, all I had to do was create content for ads and organic. 95% of my organic content has been creating simple IG reels.

On the other hand, it has been bothering me recently that I have never put in the same amount of "hard work" that I did for Uber. In theory, when working on your own thing, you should work harder bc why would you work harder to make someone else rich when you can work that hard for yourself? I feel like if I would have put in the same amount of hard work in these past 3 years, I would've been at multiple millions right now.

One change I am making going into this 3rd year is focusing a lot more on organic content to promote the tea. Instead of focusing 100% on IG reels like we've done, I want to start doing Tik Tok and Youtube. This will consist of 2-3 Tik Toks per day and 1-2 Youtube Videos per week on any topic close to health, healing, mindset, self improvement, etc.

Test New Ad Angles As Much As Possible
You know that video ad I talked about in the original post? We ended up running that ad for almost a year straight without doing much testing with different ad creatives. It was one of the dumbest things I've done in these 3 years. I should have been constantly trying to "break my record" by testing new creatives to see if I can find something that works better.

My results shockingly stayed consistent for longer than usual when it comes to Facebook Ads. Creatives die pretty fast there and at that point I didn't really understand how important it was to constantly introduce new creatives. Eventually that ad completely died and was constantly losing money and then that's when we started to launch different creatives more often. But it took a dip in our revenue and a lot of me not understanding what was going wrong before I realized how important it was to introduce new creatives AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

This is for sure the case of Facebook Ads. I can't speak for Youtube Ads and Tik Tok ads because these two I haven't done much with. It's my plan to focus a lot on both of these over Facebook this year because I feel like costs on Facebook are getting pretty crazy and the lack of targeting options makes it hard to find the right people. There's so many interests that I used to be able to target that are non-existent now.

One of the easiest things I could have done was simply create a few different "hooks" or the first 3 - 5 seconds of the video. It's good to create a few different hooks with different angles and approaches to see which works best. You can just make a different 5 second hook three times and then have the same video play after the hook. Just an easy way to have variations to test.

The more ad creatives you have to test the better. You never know which will pop. I tried to do a similar "epic video" that originally blew up for us in the beginning but it tanked. I was surprised... and hurt. But that taught me to leave the feelings on the table when it came to creating new video ads. Just bc I liked it doesn't mean it will work so I learned to stop putting so much expectation on each creative we created. A lot of times it was an unexpected video or photo ad that would take off.

The same goes when it comes to IG reels. We grew our IG page to over 40k using mostly reels. A number of reels went viral but we weren't posting enough bc we weren't putting enough focus on being content creators just as much as being herbalists. We should be over 100k followers by now if we would have stayed more consistent in posting 1 - 2 reels per day minimum. We did too much overthinking on reels, trying to make a hit everytime instead of just committing to the process of posting 1 - 2 reels a day.

The More Struggles You Go Through, The Better Your Story
Never give up. Never let roadblocks and detours to make you give up on your desire for success. A life without problems would quickly become boring and meaningless. You've gotta realize that problems are awesome teachers. Awesome motivators. You just have to have a healthy perspective. The tougher your journey, the better story you have to tell. Our electric and water got cut off multiple times during my time struggle slaving for Uber. When I tell my story, that's a piece that can be added to help relate more to those who've gone through or going through the same thing. Trust me, you don't want everything just handed to you on a silver platter. It'll be fun in the beginning but will quickly become a source of depression.

When things aren't working, just know that it's going to make your story better. I personally plan on expanding out to public speaking, starting with schools and everything I've gone through makes for a hell of a story. But even if you don't plan to go that far, your story will still be something you'll be telling to your children or grandchildren!!! What's a story without some pain and heartache? Your success WILL come if you just stick it out through those tough times.

I don't want to make this TOO long. Let me know if anyone has questions!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• rent.jpg
    rent.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 31

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Today is May 13, 2023. A couple days ago, on May 11th, it was my 3 year anniversary of running my herbal tea business full-time.

On December 12th, 2022, we crossed $1M in revenue, becoming a 7 figure business!!!! The following is a brief summary of the lessons I've learned building this business from scratch....

View attachment 48780
1. Facebook Ads
2. Organic IG content

That's all. There's a few thousand that came from me testing Google Ads and Youtube ads, but nothing significant.

Now, how much did I spend to get here? Here's my FB Ads total from May 11th, 2020 - December 12th, 2022:
View attachment 48781
Now, before you say "yea but I don't have $350k to invest!!!", you were about to expose yourself for not reading through the original post :)

View attachment 48785
On May 1st, rent hit and I hit my peak at $9,452.58 behind on rent. My landlord said pay $1k a week or get evicted. Just 10 days later, our lives changed on that first day, May 11th. We went on to pay that $1k per week off:
View attachment 48786

I can't lie, I didn't work super hard for this. Especially in comparison to my Uber days. Lately, I've been thinking about this a lot. Like, back in those days, I would wake up at 4am and hit the road. I'd come back around 11am and eat lunch and then jump right back out there. Come back for dinner and then if I still had energy, I'd go back out one more time. I worked at least 12 hours every day.

I worked WAY harder for Uber than I have been working for my own business. When it was for Uber, I felt like I had no choice. I absolutely had to get up and out that early if I wanted to make a decent amount of money that day. I had no choice to stay out there because as you saw, I was almost $10,000 behind on rent so I couldn't afford NOT to be working.

On one half, I attribute this to the fact that this business model is A LOT SMARTER compared to driving people around all day for peanuts. Facebook Ads did all the heavy lifting, all I had to do was create content for ads and organic. 95% of my organic content has been creating simple IG reels.

On the other hand, it has been bothering me recently that I have never put in the same amount of "hard work" that I did for Uber. In theory, when working on your own thing, you should work harder bc why would you work harder to make someone else rich when you can work that hard for yourself? I feel like if I would have put in the same amount of hard work in these past 3 years, I would've been at multiple millions right now.

One change I am making going into this 3rd year is focusing a lot more on organic content to promote the tea. Instead of focusing 100% on IG reels like we've done, I want to start doing Tik Tok and Youtube. This will consist of 2-3 Tik Toks per day and 1-2 Youtube Videos per week on any topic close to health, healing, mindset, self improvement, etc.

You know that video ad I talked about in the original post? We ended up running that ad for almost a year straight without doing much testing with different ad creatives. It was one of the dumbest things I've done in these 3 years. I should have been constantly trying to "break my record" by testing new creatives to see if I can find something that works better.

My results shockingly stayed consistent for longer than usual when it comes to Facebook Ads. Creatives die pretty fast there and at that point I didn't really understand how important it was to constantly introduce new creatives. Eventually that ad completely died and was constantly losing money and then that's when we started to launch different creatives more often. But it took a dip in our revenue and a lot of me not understanding what was going wrong before I realized how important it was to introduce new creatives AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

This is for sure the case of Facebook Ads. I can't speak for Youtube Ads and Tik Tok ads because these two I haven't done much with. It's my plan to focus a lot on both of these over Facebook this year because I feel like costs on Facebook are getting pretty crazy and the lack of targeting options makes it hard to find the right people. There's so many interests that I used to be able to target that are non-existent now.

One of the easiest things I could have done was simply create a few different "hooks" or the first 3 - 5 seconds of the video. It's good to create a few different hooks with different angles and approaches to see which works best. You can just make a different 5 second hook three times and then have the same video play after the hook. Just an easy way to have variations to test.

The more ad creatives you have to test the better. You never know which will pop. I tried to do a similar "epic video" that originally blew up for us in the beginning but it tanked. I was surprised... and hurt. But that taught me to leave the feelings on the table when it came to creating new video ads. Just bc I liked it doesn't mean it will work so I learned to stop putting so much expectation on each creative we created. A lot of times it was an unexpected video or photo ad that would take off.

The same goes when it comes to IG reels. We grew our IG page to over 40k using mostly reels. A number of reels went viral but we weren't posting enough bc we weren't putting enough focus on being content creators just as much as being herbalists. We should be over 100k followers by now if we would have stayed more consistent in posting 1 - 2 reels per day minimum. We did too much overthinking on reels, trying to make a hit everytime instead of just committing to the process of posting 1 - 2 reels a day.

Never give up. Never let roadblocks and detours to make you give up on your desire for success. A life without problems would quickly become boring and meaningless. You've gotta realize that problems are awesome teachers. Awesome motivators. You just have to have a healthy perspective. The tougher your journey, the better story you have to tell. Our electric and water got cut off multiple times during my time struggle slaving for Uber. When I tell my story, that's a piece that can be added to help relate more to those who've gone through or going through the same thing. Trust me, you don't want everything just handed to you on a silver platter. It'll be fun in the beginning but will quickly become a source of depression.

When things aren't working, just know that it's going to make your story better. I personally plan on expanding out to public speaking, starting with schools and everything I've gone through makes for a hell of a story. But even if you don't plan to go that far, your story will still be something you'll be telling to your children or grandchildren!!! What's a story without some pain and heartache? Your success WILL come if you just stick it out through those tough times.

Thanks for sharing this and congrats on the victory.

I am getting into fb ads right now as well and one quetion I have is, How do you avoid getting banned/suspended? I assume that thats a big issue for many people using FB ads.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021

View attachment 48780
1. Facebook Ads
2. Organic IG content

View attachment 48781

View attachment 48785
View attachment 48786

Thank you so much for sharing, I always find reading your story inspiring (As you mentioned, I guess it's the struggles you overcame that make it so interesting)! It's even one of the pillar stories of solving a problem I look and point others to when we need it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Upgrade to GOLD. Totally missed this thread. Congrats on the Level Up.

You've gotta realize that problems are awesome teachers. Awesome motivators. You just have to have a healthy perspective. The tougher your journey, the better story you have to tell. Our electric and water got cut off multiple times during my time struggle slaving for Uber. When I tell my story, that's a piece that can be added to help relate more to those who've gone through or going through the same thing. Trust me, you don't want everything just handed to you on a silver platter. It'll be fun in the beginning but will quickly become a source of depression.

Amen. Most people work hard looking for easy. But they refuse to work hard at hard.

Lusungu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 29, 2019

View attachment 48780
1. Facebook Ads
2. Organic IG content

View attachment 48781

View attachment 48785
View attachment 48786

Thank you for the inspiring story! You will make a great public speaker!

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021
Incredible reading through the original thread in 2020 as it is reading this update now.
Want to give a heartfelt thank you for pointing out the difficulty and how scary and uncertain it was, especially back when you were almost 10k behind on rent. Even past that, just fighting and contending with your own mental health.

It sort of blows my mind because I'll try to listen to podcasts interviewing founders or people who started up brands and products from scratch and they'll allude that it was difficult- but not to the point of getting their utilities cut.

My main question is, how do you feel now, in your day to day, after all this? You've talked about it before but I can't imagine the gut-wrenching anxiety you must've felt as you grew this. Now that you're here, closer to the payoff, you can look back and without a doubt in your mind, know that taking the plunge and moving past the fear and putting in the work and taking steps and risks every single day was completely worth it?
Thanks again man, and hope to see another update in the future when you turn this into an 8 figure business or an 8 figure exit :cool:

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ

View attachment 48780
1. Facebook Ads
2. Organic IG content

View attachment 48781

View attachment 48785
View attachment 48786

Thank you for inspiring, looking forward seeing your store continue to grow.

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Apr 29, 2022

View attachment 48780
1. Facebook Ads
2. Organic IG content

View attachment 48781

View attachment 48785
View attachment 48786

Thanks for sharing and congrats on hitting 1 mil on your herbal tea biz.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I remember reading through the original thread a while back and being amazed that you not only came out of that $9000 hole, But also built a very promising business. I can't imagine the stress you went through. Good job and thank you for sharing the lessons!

PatrickWho

Coffee-fueled Programmer
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 4, 2017
Canada
I was glad to find your original post and read about your success from 2020 until now. It's inspiring. Thanks for the updates.

todonelist

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,116%
Oct 2, 2018
Thanks for sharing this and congrats on the victory.

I am getting into fb ads right now as well and one quetion I have is, How do you avoid getting banned/suspended? I assume that thats a big issue for many people using FB ads.
I have never been banned from FB ads in 10+ years. Not sure what other people be doing but yeah, I just follow the rules and keep in close contact with my FB ads rep.

todonelist

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,116%
Oct 2, 2018
Upgrade to GOLD. Totally missed this thread. Congrats on the Level Up.

Amen. Most people work hard looking for easy. But they refuse to work hard at hard.
Thanks so much for another GOLD thread :) Much love MJ! Thanks for everything!

todonelist

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,116%
Oct 2, 2018
Incredible reading through the original thread in 2020 as it is reading this update now.
Want to give a heartfelt thank you for pointing out the difficulty and how scary and uncertain it was, especially back when you were almost 10k behind on rent. Even past that, just fighting and contending with your own mental health.

It sort of blows my mind because I'll try to listen to podcasts interviewing founders or people who started up brands and products from scratch and they'll allude that it was difficult- but not to the point of getting their utilities cut.

My main question is, how do you feel now, in your day to day, after all this? You've talked about it before but I can't imagine the gut-wrenching anxiety you must've felt as you grew this. Now that you're here, closer to the payoff, you can look back and without a doubt in your mind, know that taking the plunge and moving past the fear and putting in the work and taking steps and risks every single day was completely worth it?
Thanks again man, and hope to see another update in the future when you turn this into an 8 figure business or an 8 figure exit :cool:
Thanks man!!

Today I feel very grateful for making the leap of faith. Thinking back, I realize how much I just KNEW it was going to work and I think that level of faith is a requirement. I'm actually in the middle of making another leap into launching our high ticket group coaching program for Anxiety. Pretty damn scared to make this shift because I'm not used to selling high ticket stuff but we put together a program for Anxiety that is really worth it so its time to get uncomfortable again!

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Congrats, man! I remember reading the original thread and sending you a message to support and make a purchase. Truly inspiring.

movaliz

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 21, 2023
Thank you for sharing! Very inspiring!
I have a question: how do you understand that creative doesn't work? I started my campaign, 237 reaches for a day and only 5 clicks to the website ($14 spent). How do you decide that it is better to turn off the creatives and try another?
Thank you

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I have a question: how do you understand that creative doesn't work? I started my campaign, 237 reaches for a day and only 5 clicks to the website ($14 spent). How do you decide that it is better to turn off the creatives and try another?

I do the "lottery ticket" method.

I spend $5-10 on an ad.

Then I plot the results on a graph. CTR on the y axis, and CPC on the x-axis.

And you keep doing that, until you find an outlier. And when you do, then you put some money behind it and see if it turns into conversions and sales.

There's no short cut to finding good creative. It just requires lots of testing.

One campaign: still looking for an outlier, but haven't found one (except for one extremely bad one!). Some ads are better than others, but they are all more or less clumped together.

1700061493146.png

Another campaign: Outlier found, so then I created 3 versions of it to split test headline copy... and all outperformed the average like crazy.

1700061559412.png

movaliz

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 21, 2023

I spend $5-10 on an ad.

And you keep doing that, until you find an outlier. And when you do, then you put some money behind it and see if it turns into conversions and sales.

There's no short cut to finding good creative. It just requires lots of testing.

One campaign: still looking for an outlier, but haven't found one. Some ads are better than others, but they are all more or less clumped together.

View attachment 52459

Another campaign: Outlier found, so then I created 3 versions of it to split test headline copy... and all outperformed the average like crazy.

View attachment 52460
$5-10 for an ad - you run a creative for 1 day and see results? It seems like I have a problem with fb ads as I don’t have any clicks at all
I posted for free my product at Producthunt (site for small startups and web projects), had 100 visitors and 2 purchases - actually very good conversion for this site. So it seems that the problem is not a product but my ads

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
$5-10 for an ad - you run a creative for 1 day and see results? It seems like I have a problem with fb ads as I don’t have any clicks at all
I posted for free my product at Producthunt (site for small startups and web projects), had 100 visitors and 2 purchases - actually very good conversion for this site. So it seems that the problem is not a product but my ads
yes run for 1 day, see results, upload a new ad the next day.

You said you had 5 clicks, that's not none, and it's enough to get an idea if something might have legs or not.

You spent $14, so that's a $2.80 cpc. Not good.

You had 237 reach and 5 clicks, so that's a 2.11% CTR. Not great.

So test again and again and again with different images/video until you find one that isn't bad.

movaliz

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Sep 21, 2023
yes run for 1 day, see results, upload a new ad the next day.

You said you had 5 clicks, that's not none, and it's enough to get an idea if something might have legs or not.

You spent $14, so that's a $2.80 cpc. Not good.

You had 237 reach and 5 clicks, so that's a 2.11% CTR. Not great.

So test again and again and again with different images/video until you find one that isn't bad.
Thank you a lot for your suggestions! Will try as you said.

Aecio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 22, 2013
Brazil
Hey Man, congrats!

Questions:
Do you have your stock? How do you manage it?
How did you approach your suppliers?
Are you selling/investing in your brand or reselling other people's products?

Thanks for sharing!

WK88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 15, 2023
I have one question: Before you started marketing your product, did you check whether there were similar products with the same solution?

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I remember your story and I've read it multiple times. I'd place your story and success in the Top 10 of this forum for me. Thanks for the update.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
1-2 reels per day?

Curious what these reels look like and what your process is for producing them so consistently

I disagree with your new ad strategy, I think the same and am always tempted to test this that and everything else, but honestly I think the better strategy is do what you’ve done, find an ad that works and scale it, don’t touch it until it dies

Depending how you structure the ad account, adding new creatives can sometimes take all the budget from a winning ad into a new ad that loses

Better just to leave it alone and have some creatives and iterations ready to test once it starts to die

Curious what net profit % is too? Seems your ROAs must be around 3? What’s your aov? Repeat customer rate? 3x roas is good

todonelist

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,116%
Oct 2, 2018
Hey Man, congrats!

Questions:
Do you have your stock? How do you manage it?
How did you approach your suppliers?
Are you selling/investing in your brand or reselling other people's products?

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks!! Yes I keep stock, I order herbs wholesale and just make blends. I order from popular wholesale sites like herbco and starwest botanicals and for other items I have been approached by suppliers in the DMs. I am building my own brand.
I have one question: Before you started marketing your product, did you check whether there were similar products with the same solution?
Tea for anxiety? Yeah I already knew there were plenty products offering that solution but that doesn't really matter.
I remember your story and I've read it multiple times. I'd place your story and success in the Top 10 of this forum for me. Thanks for the update.
Really man that's amazing! Thanks a lot!! Glad to inspire :)
1-2 reels per day?

Curious what these reels look like and what your process is for producing them so consistently

I disagree with your new ad strategy, I think the same and am always tempted to test this that and everything else, but honestly I think the better strategy is do what you’ve done, find an ad that works and scale it, don’t touch it until it dies

Depending how you structure the ad account, adding new creatives can sometimes take all the budget from a winning ad into a new ad that loses

Better just to leave it alone and have some creatives and iterations ready to test once it starts to die

Curious what net profit % is too? Seems your ROAs must be around 3? What’s your aov? Repeat customer rate? 3x roas is good
I mostly just use trending sounds and they are mostly lip synching reels. Funny but educational. It's not easy doing 1 - 2 reels a day, I'm still trying to get more consistent but I try to batch create a lot of videos at once so I don't have to think of new stuff to post every day.

Well, I'm not sure how you see it because testing new creatives often is the only way to find winners. So, why wouldn't you want to have two creatives winning at the same time? Or 3?

I run all my ads separately to make sure each creative gets shine instead of having multiple ads within an adset.

1 Campaign focusing on 1 angle, Multiple adsets testing different targeting, and 1 ad creative.

If I would have left my original winning angle + ad running in it's own campaign but then opened a new campaign and started testing a bunch of different angles and ads, I could've potentially found another winning ad. It could have even brought back a higher Roas than I was getting with the first one, who knows?

How do you go about scaling a winning ad? Vertically? If so, how much do you increase the budget and how often? I have trouble scaling winning ads up too high without everything breaking. For example, I have a winning ad right now that I started testing getting me a 4.00 ROAS spending $25/day. While I would love to be able to scale that one ad to $1k a day and maintain at least at 2 ROAS I would be happy but that has been a challenge.

Ultimately, I've been trying to hit $1k spend a day consistently for a while with a decent ROAS like 2.5 and up for the last few years and... yeah ain't been happening lol

Matte

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 7, 2018
Italy
Congrats on the results! I remember reading your original post years ago.

Did you create your Shopify website by yourself, or did you hire someone to make it? Do you have anyone you would recommend?

Thanks

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Thanks!! Yes I keep stock, I order herbs wholesale and just make blends. I order from popular wholesale sites like herbco and starwest botanicals and for other items I have been approached by suppliers in the DMs. I am building my own brand.

Tea for anxiety? Yeah I already knew there were plenty products offering that solution but that doesn't really matter.

Really man that's amazing! Thanks a lot!! Glad to inspire :)

I mostly just use trending sounds and they are mostly lip synching reels. Funny but educational. It's not easy doing 1 - 2 reels a day, I'm still trying to get more consistent but I try to batch create a lot of videos at once so I don't have to think of new stuff to post every day.

Well, I'm not sure how you see it because testing new creatives often is the only way to find winners. So, why wouldn't you want to have two creatives winning at the same time? Or 3?

I run all my ads separately to make sure each creative gets shine instead of having multiple ads within an adset.

1 Campaign focusing on 1 angle, Multiple adsets testing different targeting, and 1 ad creative.

If I would have left my original winning angle + ad running in it's own campaign but then opened a new campaign and started testing a bunch of different angles and ads, I could've potentially found another winning ad. It could have even brought back a higher Roas than I was getting with the first one, who knows?

How do you go about scaling a winning ad? Vertically? If so, how much do you increase the budget and how often? I have trouble scaling winning ads up too high without everything breaking. For example, I have a winning ad right now that I started testing getting me a 4.00 ROAS spending $25/day. While I would love to be able to scale that one ad to $1k a day and maintain at least at 2 ROAS I would be happy but that has been a challenge.

Ultimately, I've been trying to hit $1k spend a day consistently for a while with a decent ROAS like 2.5 and up for the last few years and... yeah ain't been happening lol
Yeah there’s lots of ways to do things and different things work for different brands

Scale it slowly, 20% a day is a general rule, although $25 is a very low budget, I wonder if there’s more to it than that

Facebook hits the warmest people first and then scales colder and colder as you increase budget

I wonder if what’s happening is you are hitting all the warm traffic from organic TikTok and getting a few sales and then as budget increases it goes to colder traffic and isn’t strong enough to convert those people

For us we have tested all sorts of ads and angles so it’s unlikely we would stumble on something that would bring insanely better results. Our target cpa or general cpa we tend to hit is fairly consistent

So the thing we are looking for is not a creative that gets a way better cpa, but instead it’s a creative that can hit our target and hold it as budget increases

Having multiple creatives in 1 Adset or a cbo campaign with multiple adsets may help you scale more efficiently too, let Facebook allocate the budget

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

I spend $5-10 on an ad.

How do you structure your campaign to test ads like that?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.