The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lockdown was good for self-development

Anything related to matters of the mind

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
Firstly, it's a tough time, apologies if the title sounded ignorant. Not the intention.

My self-improvement journey is separated into two stages - before and during Covid. My best progress is during Covid because of the quarantine, and less time-wasting (travel, socials, rush hours, F*ck buddies, what not) it gave so much more space and time to reflect. Has it been the same for you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
It was good in some regards, and bad in others.

I was starting to work on my small talk / extroversion (I'm a hardcore introverted) at the end of 2019, and now I'm back to square 0. In fact, I now am even more introverted than before, so that was fun.

On the other hand, I stopped biting my nails, and I've taken action towards my business.

I have improved in some areas, and stalled in others. My discipline has improved too, but I am convinced it'd have improved even without COVID.

So to answer your question...I don't know? :rofl:

BrianLateStart

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jun 11, 2019
Horseheads, NY
At first I wasn't sure if it was a positive. Company I was working full time offered early retirement packages. I didn't think was was ready to retire at the time. Thought I needed about 5 more years of full time employment to be financially ready. Took the offer because they said there were large scale layoffs coming. Turns out I can probably squeak by.

I can put so much more time into my fastlane business instead of evenings and weekends. I learned about the Fastlane way too late in life. It's promoted as a way to exit the Slowlane and have your freedom much earlier. You need something go keep you going and a reason to get out of bed everyday, especially during retirement. A fastlane business fits the bill perfectly! I'm enjoying it so much!

Being quarantined hasn't directly effected my lifestyle. My wife and I were very much introverts long before covid.

stefanoesposito

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Feb 8, 2019
Naples, Italy
Firstly, it's a tough time, apologies if the title sounded ignorant. Not the intention.

My self-improvement journey is separated into two stages - before and during Covid. My best progress is during Covid because of the quarantine, and less time-wasting (travel, socials, rush hours, f*ck buddies, what not) it gave so much more space and time to reflect. Has it been the same for you?
For me it was the very same thing: during the lockdown I went back to studying Computer Science, taking the famous Harvard's CS50 certification by following its online MOOC.

Stefano-Esposito-CS50-Certificate.png

I decided to do that inspired by this video from @MJ DeMarco which talks about the specialized skills that can be acquired along the way.

Having acquired these Python, C and JavaScript skills makes me feel more free to express myself in my future business projects as well :smile2:

I wish you the best with your projects!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
For me it was just super inconvenient since the place I'm at didn't really have a strict shelter-in-place order. Was still a nice change of pace however.

I wasn't able to eat at my favorite taco joint or go bowling for a few weeks, but that was about it. Was still able to go to parks and stuff. Also took a gig at a golf course since I wanted to pick up an extra job in case Uber Eats broke down.

But during those few weeks (mid-March until the 2nd week of May or so) I made a lot of money doing Uber Eats and started a habit where I ran a 5k twice a week since gyms were closed.

I did do a ton of reflecting at parks and other places during the times that I wasn't able to go bowling or to my favorite taco joint.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't really care if there was another similar shelter-in-place order since my Uber Eats income would probably rise and nothing would really be affected...for me anyways.

simplymoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Sep 21, 2019
I was able to do a lot of things during covid, prior to the lockdown I was just hustling - seeing clients, going for meetings, social gatherings - thinking that the more I am "in the action" the better it is.

I was forced to abandon all these when covid struck and now I am face with figuring a lot of things that I was avoiding - day-to-day boring work such as cashflow, user retention etc, boy did I come to realize that I was trying to play the fancy entrepreneur when it's the small things that actually matters. I was trying to look good rather being good.

My mind now is somewhat the antithesis of what I used to think. Between 2016 till 2020 I was the globalist nomad type of business person where I try moving to Estonia or Phuket and build a business using remote/global ability, which I managed to, I grew my business to million revenue monthly with about hundred staffs, many in developing countries. But when covid struck I had to sit myself down and I slowly realised that to grow from 100 to 1000 person this globalist nomad idea isn't gonna cut it. And free-flying isn't gonna work either. Not sure what I am saying here, but if someone has the same feeling, please tell me.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.