The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

Thomas1980

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 26, 2014
Off the top of my head, I recall you saying the projects you work on include: sales letters,headlines, info copy, about me pages, etc and I was curious if you practiced writing samples for each category before you started with Odesk? Or, did you just go with the flow and figure it out as you went along?
For example, when you were given your first sales letter assignment, did you already have an idea on what sales letters are supposed to entail and look like or did you have to google sample sales letters to get an idea on how they should appear? There's so many areas in copywriting that you can go, and I didn't know if I should just stick with one specific category or work in several.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Off the top of my head, I recall you saying the projects you work on include: sales letters,headlines, info copy, about me pages, etc and I was curious if you practiced writing samples for each category before you started with Odesk? Or, did you just go with the flow and figure it out as you went along?
For example, when you were given your first sales letter assignment, did you already have an idea on what sales letters are supposed to entail and look like or did you have to google sample sales letters to get an idea on how they should appear? There's so many areas in copywriting that you can go, and I didn't know if I should just stick with one specific category or work in several.

The only experience I had before Odesk was copy written for my own websites, and it wasn't very good because I hadn't learned much about actual copywriting. It was all based on methods of influence, but influence alone isn't enough to make good copy.

I haven't done any specialized training in any area of copy other than reading a few books, and taking a lot of notes.

Usually I just take a look at what the client already has, and then focus on understanding his market. If I write something that's completely out of line with his market, he'll usually tell me because he knows the market better than I do. He knows if something doesn't sound quite right for his audience.

I don't usually Google for examples because my experience has been that most Google samples suck. This became very clear when I used to write a lot of resumes. People who follow standard Google template resumes don't get hired. People who deviate from the norm and try new things get noticed because they bring their own style and ideas.

Part of good copy is technique, but more importantly we have to connect with emotion, and to do that we have to bring our unique personality into the mix.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I read your threads for entertainment. The truly are golden nuggets of wisdom. If I can just add one tidbit of detail:

Eleven words or less is good

It's also important to use excellent grammar. Anything that makes the reader pause is an obstacle to good communication. I know you probably know this, but the word fewer should be used here.

Never give the reader a reason to stop, or have an objection. They should want to read more, want to know more. This is why click-bait works so well, it entices action through specific words.

Want to know more about specific action words?
It's easy. Just search @SinisterLex's post history to find out more.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
It's also important to use excellent grammar. Anything that makes the reader pause is an obstacle to good communication. I know you probably know this, but the word fewer should be used here.

Never give the reader a reason to stop, or have an objection. They should want to read more, want to know more. This is why click-bait works so well, it entices action through specific words.

Want to know more about specific action words?
It's easy. Just search @@SinisterLex's post history to find out more.

I agree that grammar is very important. However, I don't always follow grammar rules with copy because it changes the outcome. It's the same in fiction writing.

But, what's more important than my personal opinion is the feedback from people like you that lets me know the style didn't have the intended effect.

That's the secret to knowing what to change for improvement.

Ta-Da! Free extra lesson on listening to feedback for everyone! :D

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
Ok, I just found this lovable piece of challenge and I'm up for it. @SinisterLex you provide some awesome value:) You should put this into a course and sell it, make a small 30 minute course to sell on udemy and a 2 hour course+ swipe files to sell behind a pay wall and you're golden:)

The first day challenge is completed: I got a Gig order today from a woman who where in the total blue about SEO. She clearly needed help. However, she did not contact me initially to discuss any details. But she left clues like "I don't even know what SEO means"

And I know from experience that if you search for "SEO" related stuff on google your brain jumps into information overload. The power is overwhelming and blood drains from your face.

So I broke it all down to her, in ACTIONABLE steps that she could accomplish before this friday. I know if she take the steps her website will get more traction in a few months. I.e. I leveraged her future time.

The order was to deliver a keyword research for $5. But I figured I write that 6 page guide, 2 easy to understand competitor analysis, all the keywords she will need for a while. Basically a press GO model. A step-by-step, I-hold-your-hand-deal.

I delivered and she left me a positive review and a tip as reward, even though all I did was to say "thank you for your order and let me know should you have any questions."

One of the best gigs you can buy! Such a nice person to work with and I would recommend to all. Great job! :)

1/15 Done.

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
Day two Challenge

Bear with me as I'm very new to the art of persuasion and copy writing as well.

One of the 5 products I chose was a weight loss program. Here are five that I came up with. Critique away, I need it.

“Lose twenty pounds THIS MONTH!”
“The Astonishing Secrets of Rapid Weight Loss!”
“Bikini ready, THIS MONTH!”
“Beach Body Fastlane, Surpass Your Friends!”
"Celebrity Weight Loss Hacks, EXPOSED!"

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Day two Challenge

One of the 5 products I chose was a weight loss program. Here are five that I came up with. Critique away, I need it.

These are great examples.

I especially like the last one, and we all know the Astonishing Secrets line works. ;)

If you want to get deeper on this subject and make them even more effective be sure to Google Eugene Schwartz's Stages of Awareness & Sophistication.

Thomas1980

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 26, 2014
Day two Challenge

Regardless of whether you're brand new or not, you took ACTION!

I'm in the process of writing a sales letter for the very first time. I'm very new to this as well, and like you, I'm taking action!

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
You're the real deal Lex.

I find myself having to keep in mind that you've only been on ODesk for what, 2 months?

But, what's more important than my personal opinion is the feedback from people like you that lets me know the style didn't have the intended effect.

Statements like that remind us the qualities of "amazing successful people".

Not only are you an extremely great writer, your humble.

You "get it".

I take my hat off to you.

STOP! Want to learn how to get your second paying job on ODesk within 2 days like I did?

It's simple, read more about @SinisterLex

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
That's how it's done!

Thank you for your help sir!

Day 2 Challenge
1. Help someone. Do it without asking for anything in return. Just like yesterday.

Second day challenge is completed. This might not be what @SinisterLex had in mind when he wrote this post. It might as well be outside of the boundaries to help 'someone'. But for Day 2 Challenge I immediately thought of my brother. Here is the deal. My brother has long needed help with his diet and to lose weight. He has been to a doctor to seek help but they have told him that there is no dietician available in our region to help him. So he keeps gaining. On top of it all he has Downs Syndrome. This totally changes the gravity and complexity of writing a diet plan for a guy who is unable to measure the amount of water you need to cook pasta.

So last night I sat and wrote, to the best of my ability, a detailed and pedagogical diet plan that I could. I read about the topic on blogs and sources, watched various videos on the topic. Also I have access to over 100s of databases with scientific journals and articles through my alumni login where I can find all sorts of information not available to a normal web search. My final product resulted in a diet plan with lots of pictures and a way for him to cook without having to measure and weigh the different foods. I also called him just now and told him about it all. He got super excited and to really get things going I'm going over to his place this weekend to cook all the different meals with him just so he can see how everything is done.

I also have a lot of friends who are big profiles in the fitness niche and one of them has promised to help out and hold a little 'workshop' for my brother and me.

I'll try to remember to post a picture this weekend :)

Part 2:
So 5 headlines for different products.

I have NEVER written a headline and given it thought like this before, so to those of you who are versed in the field of copy, this might come of as vague. Also please give feedback if you feel like it.

1. Stop Counting Calories, Get Your Dream Body in 30 Days Instead (fitness/weight loss)
  2. How to Invest Like Jesse Livermore and Retire Early from Passive Income (investing)
  3. This One Secret Tweak Made Me a Fortune in Only 90 Days (productivity and mindset)
  4. How I Got Six Packs in No Time - 7 Athletic Secrets Revealed (fitness/weight loss)
  5. Uncover Hidden Niches in 5 Fool-Proof Steps and Start Making Passive Income in Hours (make money online/niche research)

2/15 completed

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Day 6 | Influence Lesson 2
Eliciting Emotional Responses

Emotion drives attention drives action drives sales.

WARNING: This post contains spoilers for a movie that was just released. Please watch the movie prior to reading this lesson!!! You have been warned, so I'm not an a**hole!

fast-and-furious-7.jpg

Did anyone go see Furious 7 over the weekend?

I did, and holy shit did I get more than I bargained for!

Had I known the movie would make me cry like a baby... twice... in a theater packed full of dudes and their girlfriends, I probably would've waited for the dvd.

Seriously, I don't think that's ever happened to me before, so I spent a lot of time thinking about it. Then I went online and discovered I wasn't the only one. Apparently it had the same effect on dudes everywhere.

The more I thought about it the clearer it became. The effect was intentional though not unethical. The entire movie was carefully calculated to draw these responses from start to finish, and it worked like a charm, resulting in a theater full of standing, clapping, crying customers, wondering if/when the next movie would launch.

If you're not aware, Paul Walker, one of the main actors for this film series, was killed in a car accident in 2013, prior to this film's completion. He will be missed.

So, I was thinking about the specific actions that led to my emotional response, and also about their purpose aside from creating an epic memorial for Paul. That's when I remembered something else.

My wife sat next to me the whole time and didn't shed a tear. WTF?!

It simply didn't make sense! My world was flipped upside down! Wtf was going on?!?!?!

Well things started to connect the next day, when I remembered my youth was very different than hers.

I got my first car around the time the first movie came out, and after watching it, became so identified with the ideology of the street racer that I started driving moronically fast ALL the time, buying parts for my car, and even sold, crashed, and bought numerous new cars, all stick-shift, and mostly Mitsubishi Eclipses for the sheer experience.

This trend continued for years, even after I joined the military and went to Germany. Just imagine pretending you're a street racer on the autobahn. Lol I've got lots of fun stories about that.

The point is, the original movies had a MAJOR impact on my youth.

And that's exactly why men everywhere were out-crying their wives and girlfriends!

None of this was by chance. These movies target a specific audience, and the producers know how to give us what we want. And, they knew that what we wanted this time was a movie that did justice for the series, and showed respect for someone we've come to know as a brother for more than a decade.

But how did they do it? You're about to learn...

1. Specific Outcomes

Make no mistake, the producers knew exactly what they had to do. Their outcome was to give their target audience an epic, action-packed film, and deliver countless highs & lows, to memorialize this film, the series, and the legend in the hearts & minds of viewers everywhere.

If they screwed it up they would lose millions of fans over night.

2. Influence from the Start

One of the reasons setting specified outcomes is so powerful is that it allows us to work our way backwards through the steps to get to that point. We can ask, "What specific steps do I have to take in order to make that happen?"

Once we know the steps, then we realize that influence doesn't happen by utilizing a single tactic or technique. Instead, it's a combination of processes that moves the prospect toward the outcome in a specific series of steps. That process has to start somewhere, and it MUST start at the very beginning of the engagement, or all other steps are likely to fail.

It works in movies. It works in copy. It works in life.

Here's how they did it in the movie.

The very first scene starts with a funeral for Han, the Asian guy killed by Jason Statham at the end of the last movie. During this scene the characters mention not wanting to see any more funerals. Brian says "Just one more."

He's referring to Statham's character, but because he said it, the idea of a funeral is associated with him. Even those who didn't grow up with this series can appreciate the impact of this effect,
(assuming they knew about Paul's passing before watching the movie).

All of this sets very subtle undertones that we're reminded of throughout the film.

3. Foreshadowing

Some questions people have going into this film include, "How will they handle Brian's death? Will he be killed? Will it be early so they can continue without him? Will he live on?"

We don't know these answers, so it's easy for the movie to toy with our emotions. Early on a bomb explodes at Dom's house and slams Brian against his minivan. His face hits the glass, hard, and we wonder, is this it? It turns out it's not, but it does grab our emotions by the throat, and hint at what might come later.

Note: This is the second time they've tapped into our unconscious emotions regarding Paul's death. Each time they do this, they move us a little bit closer to the end goal.

4. Our Desire for Action + Highs & Lows

Anyone who's kept up with the series knows they've really stepped up the action. To over-deliver from the last movie, they had to implement some really extreme ideas. Not only that, but they had to do it in a way that draws us in, and keeps us on the edge of our seat.

Luckily, Furious 7 delivers so much over-the-top action that we don't really have time to think about what's going on under our psychological hoods.

At one point my wife eased my hand off her leg because I was grabbing it so tight. I didn't even know it was happening. There's just something about watching the most powerful supercar in the world leap between skyscrapers that makes you hold your breath!

The movie used a shit ton of scenes like this, and also tossed in emotional low points like when Letty leaves Dom at the beginning.

All of these impacts hit us in the most extreme ways possible. They set us up. They prime us. By the end of the movie we're experiencing so much emotional turmoil that if one more explosion happens, we'll kick in a door and combat roll from the room!

5. The First Trigger

We've just come out of a super-powered adrenaline-filled scene and we're preparing for the final showdown. Our heart still pounds. We're still on the edge of our seat. Now they pull the first trigger.

Brian calls Mia to let her know shit's about to go down. Then he let's her know he might not make it home. There's a lot of symbolism here, and most of us assume we know what it means.

Now Mia gets emotional. Her emotions impact us because the tone changes so fast we don't have time to think about it. Then she pulls the trigger by letting Brian know she's pregnant again.

Now we experience the full power of hardcore raw emotions of grief, loss, and suffering as our minds are forced to think about everything Brian (and in real life, Paul) is about to lose / has lost, and how it affects everyone around him.

This trigger was so powerful I cried instantly.
I literally couldn't believe I was crying, because until that point I hadn't felt any kind of grief emotions at all.

Some circles refer to this as the Kansas City Shuffle. They keep our attention focused in the opposite direction (with action) then they blindside us with grief when we least expect it.

6. The Second Trigger

For a few minutes we have time to catch our breath, and dab our eyes. Then we enter another insanely action-packed scene. Before we know it, we're in a spiraling mess of chaos & fun, and we're back on the edge of our seats!

Think about it...can you imagine anything more badass than a street fight between Vin Diesel & Jason Statham?
No, because it doesn't exist!

But the scene eventually ends, and Statham meets his fate, (for now).

That's when we're set up for the second trigger. The very next scene takes us to a beach, where Brian & Mia are playing with their kid in the sand near the water. They're away from the others who are sitting around having a good time, but clearly thinking about things.

Dom starts talking about how Brian's life is good, and we come to realize he won't die in this movie. This is an extremely powerful technique on multiple levels as we acknowledge the underlying message which is:

"He lives on in our hearts & minds"

While we understand the character Brian Spilner is about to embark on a new path with his family, we also feel grief and loss again.

Then Dom gets up to leave and one of the others asks if he's going to say goodbye.
He says, "No, it's never really goodbye." and walks away.

This is trigger 2.

This is where everyone loses it the second time.

I swear to god, there's literally no way you can not cry if you've watched the other movies, and understand the underlying messages.

...My wife must be one bad motherf*****.

7. Drive it Home.

Remember, the original outcome wasn't just to give us an action-packed film, or to pay homage to Paul Walker. It was to memorialize this film in our hearts and minds forever, and what better way to do that than with an actual memorial.

As Dom drives away in his old muscle car, he comes to a stop sign and Brian pulls up next to him in a white supra, looks over, and smiles. This triggers a flood of memories going all the way back to the first movie where Brian had to build a white junkyard supra from the ground up, and Dom had to overcome his fear of the muscle car.

Now the emotional flood gates of hell are opened when a song called, See You Again plays, and images from all the other films are flashed on the screen while Dom talks about the good times they had. This is a super F*cking powerful emotional anchor that solidifies this film as the most epic shit since sliced bread.

Now we have a memory.

A link established between Paul Walker's death, the film franchise, & our emotions, and triggered anytime we hear the song.

Finally, the screen returns to the two cars as they drive off together, but come to a fork in the road. The shot pans out and follows Brian off on his new path before the screen turns white and closes with the words, "For Paul".

There are two purposes for this final shot:

1. To finalize the memorial.
2. To give us closure on Brian so we won't hate the movies when they make the next film without him.

Conclusion...

This has to be the most emotionally-packed movie I've ever experienced.

In fact, I'm literally fighting back tears as I write this.

The point I want to make is that I'll never, EVER forget this, and it's all because the movie influenced me, and everyone else by tapping into our deepest hidden emotions.

When we tap into emotion we aren't just using some tactic that may or may not work.

We're messing with people's whole F*cking lives...

That's how powerful it is.

That's why everything you read about copy tells you to tap into their emotions.

When you understand other people's emotions, then you unlock the secret to one of the most powerful tools of influence. Then you have the power to write copy that sells.

Note: There were so many powerful tools of influence implemented in this movie, I didn't do more than breach the surface here. You seriously have to watch and experience it for yourself to understand. Just note that pretty much all are transferable to your copy. It's just a matter of your creative mind finding ways to implement them.

Day 6 Challenge

1. Help someone in some way without asking anything in return.

2. Choose a product and write a sales letter for it. Before you start, prepare a specific outcome for your letter.

3. Write the headline for the letter to MAKE THEM STOP & have an emotional impact.

4. Weave techniques of influence into the body to carry that emotional impact throughout the letter.

5. Finalize the letter by driving your prospect with emotion to take some action.
(Click Here, Join Now, etc.)

6. Take some action that you've been too scared to take.

You've reached the end of the Day 6 Lesson on Influence.
I hope you enjoyed this one. It was tough to write.
Always remember to write for impact and
influence. When you're ready, move
forward to
Day 7 - Mindset
Lesson

Last edited:

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
Challenge number three completed

1. Help someone. Solve a problem for someone. Do it without asking for anything in return just like yesterday, and just like the day before. Remember, it doesn't have to be something epic. Just something that impacts them positively in some way.

Two days ago I got contacted by a man on Fiverr who wanted my Gig.. He had a custom job he wanted. The price, with a discount, would be $90. He initially thought the price would be $50 but he had made a miscalculation. So I told him that I could not do it for $50 because I had other gigs to prioritize and it would mean I would end up doing a gig which included a 50% freebie.

Now since then I started this challenge. I reached out to him and told him, that I would do the gig. For a price he felt he could afford, any price.

I know how one can feel, just starting out, it can suck. But I want to help him get going (he is starting out in the publishing niche btw).

So I guess this does not really fall under the deal "ask nothing in return" but I let him come up with the price and I'll just do what he wants. I consider it as education:)

EDIT 2015-04-08: This is the feedback I got. It is not to show-off but rather to inspire that giving really pays off big time. It is not all about the dollars.

"Very generous from you to do this."

My client wrote a whole lot about himself, his struggles and in all the text it is possible to find AT LEAST 2 ideas for a business or a service. Although it would be great to share, I will restrain from doing so in respect of his privacy. Point is that once you start giving, you receive a whole lot. And this is just the 3rd day I'm doing SinisterLex Challenge.

2. Write 5 new headlines that MAKE THEM STOP, and tap into your prospects desires & emotions.
  1. Average US. Household Has $15,611 in Credit Card Debt - Use This 3 Step Method to Get Rid of Yours Effortlessly
  2. Reveal How College Dropout Makes $2,000 per Month Just by Following These 15 Powerful Principles
  3. The 7 Strange Secrets of Getting Your Mortgaged Paid for in No Time
  4. How to Easily Avoid the Number One Cause of Death During Pregnancy
  5. 5 Rapid Ways to Make Tipp-Ex Your New Powerful Office Tool
  • Number 1 builds on statistics and something people struggle with.
  • Number 2 refers to this thread (sorry for calling you a dropout^^)
  • Number 3 actually refers to the words "paid FOR" meaning you do not pay it yourself
  • Number 4 is refers to a disease occurring during pregnancy that can actually kill a woman and is a huge problem in some countries and a major pain for many women
  • Number 5 is just relating to my Tipp-Ex here on my desk, the company is called Rapid and I thought it was quite funny:)
3. Using your product or service, or something you make up, write a paragraph or two to your target customer utilizing the influential phrases you learned in this post. Consider using all 3 types of phrases for maximum impact, and remember to write with intent. Find ways to show how your product helps your customer while driving them toward the action you want them to take.

"Have you ever considered the number one cause of death during pregnancy? It statistically affects almost all pregnant women. If you have not yet made preparations for your pregnancy, you may be at risk. Discover the 7 scientific methods doctors use to prevent preeclampsia.

You can use these 7 simple methods to claim a totally safe and sound pregnancy.

Get instant access here

After Friday, these methods will be out of your reach forever"

3/15 completed

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
So I guess this does not really fall under the deal "ask nothing in return"

The concept is the same. Ask nothing in return is simply to shift the mindset. Your intent is what makes the difference.

Number 2 refers to this thread (sorry for calling you a dropout^^)

Close enough haha.

They kicked me out, I didn't drop out.

Then they let me back in when I persuaded them with an influential letter to Administration.

:)

Conscious influence is powerful stuff.

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
Ask nothing in return is simply to shift the mindset

Gotcha. I guess it falls somewhere in between charity and business - entrepreneurship, yeah? Giving tons for free, asking for nothing, receive everything.

Then they let me back in when I persuaded them with an influential letter to Administration.

:)

Conscious influence is powerful stuff.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1839

"The conscious influence is mightier than lot" - SinisterLex, 2015​

Thomas1980

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 26, 2014
Below is a copy that I wrote for a "Set of 3 Assisted Pull-Up Bands" that I sell locally and online. Since we're all learning & teaching in this thread, feel free to critique my copy with add-ons/removals/suggestions - whatever.
I'm new to copywriting and I plan on writing everyday to improve my skill-set. I appreciate Lex for starting this thread and the newbies that are putting themselves out there and contributing. Hopefully we can all learn and improve together:

How Many Pull-Ups Can You Do?

If you're like the majority of people - the answer is either few or none!

Hanging onto a bar and lifting your entire bodyweight can be a challenge!

Have you ever passed by the Pull-up bar at the gym or at the park and thought about trying it?
Or, maybe you did try and you weren’t able to do any... That Pull-up Bar can be intimidating, especially if people are around!
That frightening thought of reaching up to the bar, and not being able to lift yourself…

Don’t let that Pull-up bar get the best of you! Pull-ups provide you with one of the greatest benefits to your back and upper body!

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was something to assist you over that bar?
Something small, lightweight and easy to use..

Well look no further- introducing my Set of 3 Assisted Pull-Up Resistance Bands!

What's In The Box:

1. XS (Red) Resistance Level 5-25 lb.

2. Medium (Purple) Resistance Level 25-75 lb.

3. XXL (Orange) Resistance Level 70-170 lb.

{INSERT PICTURES OF PRODUCT}

Also Great For:

* Fitness training programs such as CrossFit and P90X.

* Pilates, yoga and other flexibility exercises.

* Powerlifting and weightlifting.

* A Simple, Fast, and Effective Workout

Features and Benefits:

*The bands weigh between 5-25 ounces, making them to easy to carry around and exercise anywhere.

*Each band is color coded, which allows you to identify which resistance level you are using.

*100% natural latex lubber - high elasticity - high resilience - making your bands long lasting!

Simple to Use

1. Place the band around the center of the pull-up bar. ...

2. Pull the end of the band down, and place one bent knee into the loop, ensuring it won't slip out. ...

3. Pull yourself upward by contracting the lats as you flex the elbow. ...

4. After a brief pause, return to the starting position.

Get That "V" Shaped Upper Body Physique!

Pull-Ups are to your upper body, what squats are to your lower body!

Why - because pull-ups work the entire back and core muscles.

Keeping your core strong in the middle!

How Much?

$49.99 for the entire set of 3!
That’s 10% cheaper than purchasing each band separately!

Click BUY IT NOW and you'll be knocking out Pull-ups within the next 2-3 business days!
FREE Shipping via Priority Mail!

100% Money Back Guarantee
For 30 Days!

If you’re not completely satisfied with your bands, send them back for a complete refund!
No questions asked!​

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
See ya'll?

It's that easy.

The universe rewards action.

Awesome @DaRK9 !

Just Do It!
It was amazingly easy. After viewing the profiles of the people who applied, I realized why.

It was the same I, I, I, BS @SinisterLex has been talking about.

That's all there is to it.

After I had messaged the client, he asked for two samples.
I gave him four.

Boom.

Instantly, I had gone the extra mile. With roughly one or two minutes of tedious, laborious work.

Thanks for the awesome posts @SinisterLex. I had been holding off on freelancing from oDesk for a while now. Mostly because of horror stories and seeing all the low budgets on there.

Then I realized that even the low budget projects would only take me a few hours. $80 in two hours? Compared to my normal job? Sign me up.
Excellent bro! Are you new to copywriting or do you have some experience? Props either way.
I have experience from past web design work. Never got into it that much until now.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
"You can write 10,000 sales letters by hand, read every book on copy, and have all the theoretical knowledge in the world, but if you never take action and implement that knowledge you will NOT be a copywriter. You'll just be someone who knows a lot about copy."

You're speaking to me right there! I'm completely new to copywriting so I decided to buy two books on Amazon. I wanted to get the basics down before I began this new journey in copywriting. I KNOW I should jump right in, but I would like to get more practice in before I begin.

Question - how long did it take for you to develop your writing style? If my writing were anywhere near as impressive as yours, I would've jumped into copywriting a long time ago.

Yes, this is exactly it!

This is how you beat other people out for gigs.

Something I'd like to mention in relation to this:

Some people on this forum don't understand the opportunity.

Some say copywriting on Odesk is the flavor of the month.

What they're really getting at is that once the market fills up there won't be room for others.

So I want to share something that happened to me yesterday to help clarify the real opportunity.

One of my $99/hr clients contacted me out of the blue, without any prior notice.

He asked if I was available. I said yes.

He asked if I could do a last minute project. I said yes.

He said he needed a commercial written in 1 hour to be blasted out to fashion schools all over LA. Can you do it?

In my head I said, "FML no F*cking way!"

Out my mouth came, "Yes."

In that moment a hailstorm of doubt pounded my mind. But I remembered that action defeats doubt, and instead of freezing, I simply started writing.

In that hour I thought my brain would explode, but somehow I summoned enough creativity to make a commercial. It took every last second of the entire hour, right up to the point he was ringing on skype, but somehow, by the grace of the Underworld & a slight modification at the end, he liked it.

But who cares about all that... What's important is this...

Before the call ended he said:

"Oh, by the way, you're gonna have a lot more business soon because I've been referring my clients to you for copywriting.
"

And therein lies the reason I'm not afraid of market saturation on Odesk..

Because Odesk isn't the only opportunity. It's just the start, and you only need 1.

When you figure out how to solve problems, and create real value, you won't even need Odesk.

You won't need a better bio.

You won't have to apply to gigs.

YOU WON'T HAVE ANY COMPETITION.

Maybe I've only been doing this 2 months, but I charge a premium, I work with executives, and those executives agree that I'm a pro. I've stopped applying to gigs. The money still comes. I work as much or as little as I want, and can find new clients in an hour if needed.

Solve problems.

Create value.

So, the next time you doubt yourself because you think you don't have what it takes...

Just Do It.

Create your own opportunities & cut the bullshit excuses.

G

GuestUser113

When you figure out how to solve problems, and create real value, you won't even need Odesk.

Solve problems.

Create value.

So, the next time you doubt yourself because you think you don't have what it takes...

Just Do It.

Create your own opportunities & cut the bullshit excuses.

@Luffy

“I don’t look at failure as death, I don’t look at failure as finality. I just look at it and pick myself up and say ‘we shouldn’t have done that’ and move on.” Robert Herjavec.

2149106630c0007abb84acce0774ffd9.jpg

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
1. Help someone. Solve a problem for someone no matter how big or small. Don't ask for anything in return.

Sent out an email to ALL my prior clients online asking how they are and if their business are going well, then I told them that if I could help them with anything, asking questions or stuff I would do it for free. No charge at all.

Got a lot of questions back and great feedback. 1 new order from a man who told me actually needed help but he would like to pay for himself.

2. Write 5 Headlines for a real product that MAKES THEM STOP.

1. 5 Unique Steps to Find a Niche That Brings in Honest Recurring Income
  2. There Are Only 2 Outstanding Ways to Find a Niche. Here Are 3.
  3. Brilliant Strategies to Finding a Plentiful Niche You're Passionate About
  4. How to Use an Ancient Technique to Tap into Recurring Monthly Income
  5. The Last Hour You Will Spend: Latest Hack the Elite Would Ever Use to Claim Success in Any Niche
3. Write 10 sentences utilizing the influential words from Influence Lesson 1. Make sure you write sentences from all three influential time periods. No need to post them here. This is an exercise for yourself, and if you don't do it, you don't hurt anyone but yourself.

1. You might think you are wrong, but you are right. But not the way you think. Click here to find out how wrong you are.
  2. You can literally walk away from this with the exact formula to my success online and start implementing the same strategies today.
  3. You will get huge response if you reach out to people, and they will give you traction and bring you free traffic.
  4. Take a step back and think about what your keyrole is to your business, then figure out the next 3 things you have to do in order to be moving forward.
  5. If you are not moving forward, you are standing still, and if you are standing still your business is in a mode of decay. It will eventually die and the only thing keeping it alive, is your action forward.
  6. SEO is not something done overnight. It takes time and effort. You need to ask yourself: where is my time best put?
  7. Across all devices, internet access will continue to drive mobile traffic development and mobile data traffic is expected to grow by nearly 60 percent per year between 2011 and 2016, mainly driven by video. Are you prepared for the big shift? Grab the essential 3-step-method to massive traffic and solidify your business in a matter of hours!
  8. So you are procrastination with your business? You need to take a step back, filter out the noise in your head and allow yourself a clean slate.
  9. Remember you want to put as much time as possible on your business. Do not get distracted or lose focus. I'm serious about this, many businesses fail because the entrepreneur put on too many hats.
  10. This course will guide your way, it will take you through the exact steps to a powerful career change that will crush your competition and bring you to the top of success. Remeber that the course is limited and after Friday, you are on your own…

4. Figure out what the 1 action is that you've been putting off and do it. If you're trying to get freelance gigs and are afraid you don't have experience, submit your cover letter and see what happens. If you're thinking of cold calling local shops to pitch websites, then do it, and get real results. Whatever 1 thing you've been putting off due to fear, or lack of motivation, or whatever else, just F*cking do it.

The last week I have procrastinated to finish my online course, even though I have to finish it by saturday. I have just a little left and yesterday I finished about half of what was left. As soon as I get off this train, I will finish the last part. Course WILL be done on saturday, before 11am.

Last edited:

Entrepreneur21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Aug 6, 2014
Denmark
Just wrote five headlines as part of one of the challenges. Feedback is welcome, first time trying and I think they came out much different in quality. I basically just looked around my apartment and found random stuff to write about, which is why they are a little weird lol

- 1 Simple Way To Beat Stress and Take Back Control Over Your Life… In Only 20 Minutes! (Meditation product)

- Double Or Triple Your Current Sales Figures and Get The Power To Take Your Business To The Next Level! (Copywriting Service)

- How To Become Big, Strong and Make People Admire You... Using Only 5 Hours A Week! (Bodybuilding Program)

- Are You Dead Tired Of Waiting For Your Internet Connection To Catch Up? Eliminate Time Waste and Increase Your Productivity Today! (Router)

- Make Your Neighbour Jealous While Getting Tan. Relax and Enjoy Yourself On Beautiful Hawaii (Vacation)

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Day 7 | Mindset Lesson 3
How to be a Lord of the Sith.

Find your vision and build an empire!

How many of you have watched Star Wars?

Probably all of you.

But, have you ever read the books?

I've read a couple, but only one series ever made an impact on my life, and it wasn't about hoity-toity Jedi winning battles against the empire.

Instead it was about an extremely driven man who started from nothing, fought his way out of a hole, and finally found & embraced his vision.

From the ashes of the mining planet, Apatros, Dessel realizes he doesn't want to be like all the other loser miners who've fallen victim to fate. Instead, he sees greatness in his future, and he's willing to take action to get it!
In short, he finds his vision.

So, the first thing he does is forces his way off the guarded planet.

Dessel Took Action!

He doesn't know it at the time, but that one action, based on his vision, sets a massive chain of events in motion that will eventually lead to the greatness he seeks.

Once off the planet he goes on to join the Sith Army where he becomes a total badass, and gets all his troops to love him. Later he gets in trouble for punching an officer who's decision would have got them all killed.

Instead of following orders, he follows his intuition and ends up winning a crucial battle with his troops.

Again Dessel Took Action!

His actions later land him in jail, but his military prowess didn't go unnoticed. Quite the opposite.

A Sith Lord named Kopecz summons him, and all of a sudden instead of just being a troop, he's being offered training in the ways of the dark side.

Taking action landed him his first real connection!

Understanding that he's going through a transformation, he takes a new name, Bane, and starts his training.

At first a lot of shit holds him back, and he's the weakest of all the Sith students. He's suffers epic defeat several times, and finally loses sight of his vision and fails completely.

Luckily, several events happen that bring Bane's vision back to the forefront of his mind, and he picks himself up again, and drives on. He soon realizes that all the Sith around him aren't as powerful as he thought.

He starts to see through the bullshit, and starts to realize that they're all a bunch of wannabes. Then he understands that he can rule them all.

Now Bane Has Extreme Clarity on His Vision!

Undergoing another transformation, he trains harder than ever before and soon becomes unstoppably powerful. He enjoys several victories, and assumes the in-your-face title, Darth Bane.

DarthBane-frontal.jpg

Darth Bane is ruthless and accepts NO excuse. The others may not care about results, but he knows results are everything! So, he acts on his vision again and soon transforms into the most powerful, intelligent Sith Lord the universe has ever known.

Using his strength of will, cunning, and battle intuition... He crushes them all!!!

The other 2 books in the series follow Darth Bane as he continues taking action and rising to unlimited power. There are many road blocks along the way, but he simply crushes that shit one at a time, until there's literally nothing that can stop him.

It All Started With a Vision!

Darth Bane doesn't give a shit about goals!

Goals are not the outcome!

Goals are small things we need to meet in order to achieve our vision, but even when we fail at meeting goals, we can still achieve that vision.

One of the biggest problems with focusing on goals is that we only take steps that get us to the outcome of those goals.

For instance, if my goal is to make 10 dollars this week, and I actually hit that goal... then what?!

I don't know wtf to do with myself because that was my goal. I didn't have a vision. There was nothing beyond the $10.

When we operate from a vision we see the bigger picture. We see the life we want to have. The culmination of all our goals realized.Then we take actions that move us closer to that vision, instead of just closer to achieving our goals.

When we do this, we take WAY BIGGER, WAY MORE POWERFUL ACTIONS.

And those actions lead to WAY BIGGER, WAY BETTER RESULTS!

Maybe being the Lord of the Sith isn't the prettiest title, and maybe others will tell it's impossible or that you you're a moron for thinking you can have it all...

But what if you had a clear vision about where you're going?

What if you knew they were all 100% wrong?

How would that change the actions you take?

How would that change your entire life?

There's one reason I've always loved the Sith more than the Jedi.

It's that real Sith Lords act on their visions.

Real Sith Lords take MASSIVE F*ckING ACTION and don't stop until they've built the empire exactly as they saw it from the start!

And that's exactly how we, as entrepreneurs, copywriters, or whatever else you wanna call yourself, need to be. We have to find our vision, and take action to make it happen!

Jedi ignore this path completely.
They are sidewalkers.

Sith Wannabes fake action.
They are slowlaners.

Darth Banes embrace their vision, and take actions that bring it to life.
Darth Banes are rulers. Leaders. Entrepreneurs.
Fastlaners.

It's time to find your vision.

There's one last thing I want to mention about Darth Bane.

He's VERY passionate

It's not that he loves training, or that he loves battle.
It's not that any of these things are hobbies he enjoys.
He simply takes action, figures out what works and LOVES the results.
He doesn't do what he does because it's what he wants to do.
He does it because it's the ONLY way to WIN.

Now enjoy the Sith Creed.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, may chains are broken.

Day 7 Challenge
Today we're reversing things a little.

1. Close your eyes and imagine the life you want to have. See the cars, houses, food, and whatever else you want to have when you've finally made it. Now blow that picture up, and put yourself in it as if it were already your reality, and just allow yourself to experience it. Experience the sights, sounds smells. Take it all in. This is your vision.

2. Take one action that moves you toward that vision.

3. Do all the other steps from yesterday's challenge, only this time do it from a position of power, as you now understand your vision. Don't just go through the motions. Do it with the knowledge of what your future holds if you take this serious RIGHT NOW.

That's it for today's mindset lesson.
Find your vision, take action and
reap the rewards. When you're
ready, continue to Day 8
Technique Lesson

Last edited:

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
One thing I think is important to remember here is that theoretically, every single business/product/book/program/media needs copywrite.
There is never going to be an oversupply of people who write copy.

Yes, every single person/business doesn't use someone specifically for it, but the point is all of them can and a lot do. Even if this thread produces 1000 more copywriters, I'm sure there is still PLENTY of uses and work to go around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.