The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Leveraging Google to $10,000/month [LOCAL LEAD GEN]

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Short introduction, I’m building a couple of lead generation websites for local businesses. I’ll be posting in this thread every time I send new backlinks, create a new lead gen website, or receive new ranking reports.

I’ll be starting off this thread with my current rankings for two low competition niches. I decided to start with these two niches just to get the ball rolling and fund the more competitive niches.

Estimated time until page 1 rankings drive consistent leads: 2-3 months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Website #1 - Created early December, has about 50 social profiles, 50 top citations, GMB verified, 5 PBNs going to the Facebook page as well.

Needs more content. Once content is curated and uploaded, I expect a jump in rankings. Inner linking will be important here. A link from your own website is still a link.
6277F022-A3F4-422F-8DEE-BDA9005CBC19.png

Website #2 - Created early January. Has a great amount of content to capitalize on longtail traffic. Has almost no links as of right now - going to build out socials and citations once GMB is verified.
1ABAA4FD-5424-4681-B8A7-42D5155BDC34.png8B03552D-BA8A-4CC6-8D33-20FD0D7265C2.png

Attachments

• D6E2F2C6-8E35-4A2F-8897-A9873A6C4015.png
    D6E2F2C6-8E35-4A2F-8897-A9873A6C4015.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 27

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Website #1 - Created early December, has about 50 social profiles, 50 top citations, GMB verified, 5 PBNs going to the Facebook page as well.

Needs more content. Once content is curated and uploaded, I expect a jump in rankings. Inner linking will be important here. A link from your own website is still a link.
View attachment 17579

Website #2 - Created early January. Has a great amount of content to capitalize on longtail traffic. Has almost no links as of right now - going to build out socials and citations once GMB is verified.
View attachment 17582View attachment 17581

Arent PBN's blackhat and frowned upon by Google...? :O

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Arent PBN's blackhat and frowned upon by Google...? :O

I don’t view Google as an all knowing authority. If I have a site that is powerful, and provides value to visitors, and I also don’t leave any footprints how would google know that it is a PBN? Google isn’t good at thinking. If you have a website that gets live traffic, has legit content, and contains a non suspicious link to your money site - it is literally impossible for google to mark that has a bad link unless there is a footprint issue somewhere along the line.

I usually don’t use the word PBN because it carries so many negative connotations. My “PBN’s” are real sites that contain answers a searcher may be looking for. Always provide value every step of the way.

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Quick update/explainer - all of my rankings are down today for one of my websites. This is a good thing because right before your rankings shoot up a few positions, they tend to take a slight dip. This is natural movement in google right now.

I’ll post a graph of what this looks like in a week or two when I get more data.

A100FD04-40A9-45B3-95DA-79E7B74E2839.png

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Launching a new website with the goal of creating a brick and mortar/mobile business out of the traffic.

Competition is relatively low with 15-30 backlinks on top ranking sites. I estimate it would take about 6-12 months for significant rankings. About 7,000 searches per month in this niche with an average profit per customer of $50-75.

jimmeboy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Nov 24, 2009
Launching a new website with the goal of creating a brick and mortar/mobile business out of the traffic.

Sounds like an interesting concept!

Could you give an example of how this might work? (obv using an unrelated product/niche your plan)

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Sounds like an interesting concept!

Could you give an example of how this might work? (obv using an unrelated product/niche your plan)

Local SEO Niches

The idea is to pick a low competition niche from this list - or not from the list - and create a website that will generate phone calls. Once you're ranking and driving leads, sell these to a local business for a month or two and listen to the call recordings so you can get a feel for what questions and concerns buyers have for whichever industry you're in. Once you have the capital and you feel that you have the knowledge necessary to service people yourself, stop selling the leads and start servicing them.

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
I was adding content to my sites today so I figured I would make a quick post on a few of the things I make sure to include in each page/post.

Everything I do here is to help Google understand what the specific page and website as a whole is all about. I do not do anything here “just because”.

As of right now, Google cannot “think” - which is why you need to give it the proper clues it can read within the code you have available to you.

I’ll go more in depth on each of these points in future post.

When writing content for my website each article includes:

• No more than ONE H1 tag per page (regardless of the type of page).
  • After I have an article that I’ve ordered or written, I put it in grammarly and copyscape.
  • Minimum of 2 photos optimized for your keywords.
  • If it is a local site - I geotag my images using Geotag.online (this adds a specific latitude and longitude that google can read to your image)
  • Embed a YouTube video related to the keyword or topic of article.
  • 3 outbound links to high DA/PA sites. Just highlight a few words in your article, select “search for on google”, and create a hyperlink with top ranking website.
  • 1 or more inner links. A link from your own website still gives you power and I always take advantage of this when I can. It also gives google bot a reason to stay on your website and explore.
It might sound like a lot, but after I order a $5 article - these items take less than 5 minutes to add into the article.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Great work @SEO Guy. You have a nice handle on SEO. Keep it up!

(P.S. charge your phone lmao :rofl:)

A. Rodriguez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 5, 2018
Nigeria
what's the best backlinking strategy for a new blog? I recently started a blog in the scholarships and jobs niche. Its a pretty lucrative and in-high demand niche in my country.

What backlinking strategy can i use to scale it within a short time?

P.S: Blogging is not entirely fastlane. I'm aware. Just a side hustle to me.

VoraciousReader

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
May 31, 2017
UK
Nice thread. I worked previously for many months on a business model similar to this, best of luck and I'll follow your journey with interest!

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
what's the best backlinking strategy for a new blog? I recently started a blog in the scholarships and jobs niche. Its a pretty lucrative and in-high demand niche in my country.

What backlinking strategy can i use to scale it within a short time?

P.S: Blogging is not entirely fastlane. I'm aware. Just a side hustle to me.

I hate to say it, but the days of ranking super fast on Google are over. Sure you could by sending 100,000 backlinks to a website at once. It might rank for a day or two and then drop off the face of the earth for good.

So now that we know this isn't going to happen overnight - we can start sending some links over to the site. I could write a short book on backlinks but I'll keep it short.

The perfect link for your blog should have nigeria, lagos, kano, ibadan, jobs, scholarships, or any other relevant keywords in the URL. Ideally, the website linking to you will have content relevant to your website and what you're trying to rank for.

Remember to setup your inner linking structure appropriately. Have 2-3 links to your own website on each page.

I'm assuming you don't have a ton of capital to start - so I will give you some cost effective ways to get decent links that will power up your website.

Start by signing up for 10-15 Nigerian directories, eventually signing up for 50 over the next couple of months.

Create an account and get a link from 5-10 Nigerian, Career, or Scholarship related forums. This link might come from your profile, signature, or post - switch it up.

Create 5 Web 2.0's for your blog and link to yourself, this is safe and a great way to get some power early on. Wordpress, blogger, weebly, etc are all great platforms to put up a few post and link back to your own website. Just don't over optimize for your keywords on the web 2.0 and don't use duplicate content. Keep it natural. Try and use a keyword in the URL of these web 2.0's you create.

Use This Gig and have someone create an account for you on the top 33 social media websites for $5. For an extra $5 they will also set the profile picture, description, and link to your website. lancers : I will onlywire accounts creation free version for $5 on www.fiverr.com

Write 50 Unique Blog Comments containing a link to your website on blogs related to yours. Some of them will be dofollow, some of them will not be. Don't do this all in one day.

What this will do for you, if you're on a budget, is power up your website enough to where it starts to naturally get links from other websites. Directories, people using your photos, links to your content, spam sites (helpful in a way if you have a natural backlink profile.)

Also, something very important will happen when you follow these steps and create all of these free links for yourself. You will open your eyes to the other unique opportunities for links within your niche.

Never use spammy links or links you are unsure about. This will just set you back in more ways than you know. Not good to develop bad habits early on.

Tidelow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 11, 2017
Vancouver
Local SEO Niches

The idea is to pick a low competition niche from this list - or not from the list - and create a website that will generate phone calls. Once you're ranking and driving leads, sell these to a local business for a month or two and listen to the call recordings so you can get a feel for what questions and concerns buyers have for whichever industry you're in.

This is the bread and butter.

I began building local lead generation sites just over a year ago and love this business model for passive income.

The amount of time and quality of research into the potential niches is the most important variable for success IMO.

Here are a few thoughts I keep close to mind when choosing the niche (in no particular order):

• Find niches where there are medium to small sized (mom & pop) shops.
  • Look for niches where businesses have poor online presence (non-responsivr website/bad star reviews on google maps)
  • Look for niches that business websites have outdated content
  • Don't limit yourself to the city you live in
  • Look for niches that offer high cost services (better commission)
Just a few things I picked up along the way that has helped me :cool:

Also, I use CallRail for tracking all my contact form and phone call leads.

It is an amazing tool, registers new numbers for each lead gen site, routes them to actual business lines, records and allows me to monitor the whole sales funnel for each business.

Keep it up! Will be following your journey

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
This is the bread and butter.

Here are a few thoughts I keep close to mind when choosing the niche (in no particular order):

• Find niches where there are medium to small sized (mom & pop) shops.
  • Look for niches where businesses have poor online presence (non-responsivr website/bad star reviews on google maps)
  • Look for niches that business websites have outdated content
  • Don't limit yourself to the city you live in
  • Look for niches that offer high cost services (better commission)

Exactly what to look for if you're looking to get started on a low budget. Thanks for the extra info @Tidelow

CopyDane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 11, 2017
Awesome thread! So simple (no offense) and yet very motivating. Keep it coming! I'm already on my way to start niche/keyword researching right now.

I have two questions:

Once you're ranking and driving leads, sell these to a local business for a month or two and listen to the call recordings so you can get a feel for what questions and concerns buyers have for whichever industry you're in.

1) When you talk about calls, do you mean that potential leads are calling YOU, or do you provide the phone number of the business, that you're selling leads to? I'm asking because I'd be kinda awkward picking up the phone and talk to a lead about plumbing services, if I don't really know that much about it.

2) I always thought that it would be nearly impossible to outrank the "real" local businesses on geo keywords. But you make it sound like there's actually a chance at doing this. Anything specific you do to wipe the potential clients off the top 3 rankings?

Best regards
Mads

grobez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 15, 2018
france
Great thread !
Can you give us more details about
  • Any CMS template you use ?
  • How do you automate page creation for a lot of local places?
  • How do you choose geo zone? Any threshold ?
I'm currently doing the same kind of research in my own country, and I would benefit a lot from your tips
Thanks a lot

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Great thread !
Can you give us more details about
  • Any CMS template you use ?
  • How do you automate page creation for a lot of local places?
  • How do you choose geo zone? Any threshold ?
I'm currently doing the same kind of research in my own country, and I would benefit a lot from your tips
Thanks a lot

I use wordpress for my websites.

I do not automate page creation for lots of local places. I create high quality websites that have the potential to earn $2,000/month+ in leads. Eventually I'll have private software to create these high quality sites - but for now I build them on wordpress. It only takes me about 3 hours to build each website and make it look really good. I then order all of the content.

For now I build websites for niches in the city that I live in.

If you have anymore questions let me know. France has really low competition and there is a lot of opportunity there for you if you do things right.

grobez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 15, 2018
france
I use wordpress for my websites.

I do not automate page creation for lots of local places. I create high quality websites that have the potential to earn $2,000/month+ in leads. Eventually I'll have private software to create these high quality sites - but for now I build them on wordpress. It only takes me about 3 hours to build each website and make it look really good. I then order all of the content.

For now I build websites for niches in the city that I live in.

If you have anymore questions let me know. France has really low competition and there is a lot of opportunity there for you if you do things right.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

France is very centralized, so I find a few opportunities locally in other cities that I live in, and to reach an interesting estimated amount of leads I would need to create a lot of pages for a lof of localities. That's where I struggle so far, either there are already 5 established websites on all localities with a decent # of queries for service A, or the total amount of queries for all these localities is too low for service B.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
It might sound like a lot, but after I order a $5 article - these items take less than 5 minutes to add into the article.

How is the quality on the $5 articles? I always assumed they'd be written by non-native English speakers (assuming this is for an English speaking market).

If they're good enough for you to use, then I need to test out some $5 articles.

Last edited:

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
If someone were looking to learn SEO, with the goal of building some extra passive income sites like these lead gen websites, would there be any go to sources you'd recommend? Free would be lovely.

Assuming you were starting out completely fresh how long would it reasonably take to get to the local lead gen stage would you guess?

GetRichODT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Feb 8, 2015
If someone were looking to learn SEO, with the goal of building some extra passive income sites like these lead gen websites, would there be any go to sources you'd recommend? Free would be lovely.

Assuming you were starting out completely fresh how long would it reasonably take to get to the local lead gen stage would you guess?

I don't think I understand what this thread is about. Can someone give me a layman' understanding?

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Lead gen rankings are still coming in but I did close a car dealership for $8,000/month.

Definitely my largest contract to date and I'll be putting most if not all of it back into my business.

If anyone wants more details just ask!

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1

There are some great training programs that I've paid over $7,000 for during the last couple of years. I would be happy to share these with you but don't have the files on my computer as they are hosted within a membership area. Luckily though - there are group buy sites that make programs like these very cheap (I'm talking like $50). That's what I would do if I were you. If you'd like I can PM you some links.

brockzilla

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 2, 2013
There are some great training programs that I've paid over $7,000 for during the last couple of years. I would be happy to share these with you but don't have the files on my computer as they are hosted within a membership area. Luckily though - there are group buy sites that make programs like these very cheap (I'm talking like $50). That's what I would do if I were you. If you'd like I can PM you some links.

I've been aching to get into lead generation. I too have purchased some courses but have not taken action yet. Could you PM me the links to the courses?

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
I've been aching to get into lead generation. I too have purchased some courses but have not taken action yet. Could you PM me the links to the courses?

I’ll pm you the links to the courses later today when I am not so busy.

One of the most important things to do in lead gen - or anything really is to believe in yourself and your product.

And the way you do this is by getting results and ranking proof. The first thing I recommend if you’ve been “aching” to get started - is to throw together a simple website for a super super low competition keyword. Think - “best lead gen site in city 2019”

This will prove it to your brain that you can rank, this will prove it to yourself that SEO works, and you can show potential clients this as proof.

Lead gen is not a get rich quick scheme. It’s a throw up a site - wait, wait, wait, believe, wait, and then - oh hey it’s on page 1 this month and just got 700 unique visits.

Also - lead gen through organic SEO is a dying business model because it’s taking more and more to make someone your customer these days.

When I closed this car dealership a couple days ago for $8k I got them for - SEO, OfferUp/Letgo posting, and Instagram/Twitter automation.

The only thing that cost money each month is SEO - not bad huh??

With that said - there are billions of profitable keywords on google.

The only thing you need to be successful in lead generation is $5 and a computer.

Buy a .99c godaddy domain and $4 hosting and you can sit down and write pages and make links all day long with your two hands.

And this is ALL about building a solid foundation. DO NOT skip from website to website you WILL NOT make any measurable progress. Stick with ONE website because once you rank that one website - you now have proof for every single business owner in your city. $$$

Good luck!

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
Awesome thread! So simple (no offense) and yet very motivating. Keep it coming! I'm already on my way to start niche/keyword researching right now.

I have two questions:

1) When you talk about calls, do you mean that potential leads are calling YOU, or do you provide the phone number of the business, that you're selling leads to? I'm asking because I'd be kinda awkward picking up the phone and talk to a lead about plumbing services, if I don't really know that much about it.

2) I always thought that it would be nearly impossible to outrank the "real" local businesses on geo keywords. But you make it sound like there's actually a chance at doing this. Anything specific you do to wipe the potential clients off the top 3 rankings?

Best regards
Mads

Just saw this question but I see you’re still active and I’m sure it’ll help others!

1) So I 100% forward the calls to a local business. I use Twilio to get .99c phone numbers and Call Rail to record my calls and set up a whisper. “Thank you for calling your local plumber. Press 1 for leak detection.”

There is a new software called Calltrackingpro.io to keep your eyes on for call recording and all that.

2) Google cannot think - which means if you set things up right. Google will have no idea that you aren’t a local business.

Create pages on your website that have to do with the history and geography of your city. Point to your homepage or services page from here - this will increase your geo relevance.

Create 100 social media accounts with a username similar to “[Business/Service] - [City]”. This will help with relevancy.

Depending on the competition - you may have to buy one or two local PBNs that used to be real sites.

Since all of my lead gen sites are real sites and none of them leave any footprints - I will link those together. And it creates a nice local PBN network in a way.

You can make a “Travel Denmark” Instagram account and put a link in the bio that goes to your website in Denmark. Because all of the traffic coming in off of the instagram would be from Denmark - you’ll pick up relevancy for Denmark there.

Absolutely doable - it’s all about relevancy, not overdoing it with spammy links, and making sure any geo relevant links are from your city.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Sorry for the long answers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.