The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Leveraging Google to $10,000/month [LOCAL LEAD GEN]

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
What you will do with leads? Sell it to some business partners or you will find just one?

I used to worry about this. If you try and find people to buy the leads before you are getting them - you’ll have a hard time.

I would just wait until your website is ranked and you have the leads coming in to start contacting business owners.

This way you’re confident, believe in yourself and your product, and it’s an easy sale that way.

One of the best things to do is put someone’s phone number on your website for a week.

Call that person at the end of the week and say “Hey I’ve been driving you some leads this past week.”

Client - “No you haven’t”

You say “Okay well here are the recording of those leads and no worries I’ll just take your phone number off of my website”

Client - “No, no, no, don’t do that.”

:)

Lead gen is not all that scalable past $15-$20k/month in my opinion. It’s better to rank one or two sites and then use those sites as proof to get $15k/month marketing contracts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Lead gen rankings are still coming in but I did close a car dealership for $8,000/month.

Definitely my largest contract to date and I'll be putting most if not all of it back into my business.

If anyone wants more details just ask!

What was the process involved in closing an $8k/month SEO (and other marketing stuff) contract?

Was it a referral? Cold call? Did they find you?

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
A lot of people are asking me "How can I get started in lead gen?" or "what is the best way to get started in lead generation?".

The Answer is simple: To get started in lead gen you generate a lead for someone else. The more creative you can get and the more ways you can come up with generating those leads - the more successful you'll be.

I don't really do "Google Lead Generation" - I just have a Digital Marketing Agency and I happen to have a collection of portfolio and sample websites that started to rank. When these started to rank I threw some copy on them, a phone number, and now I sell maybe $2,000/month in leads on a good month.

Again, the main reason I ever got into Lead Generation in the form of a Website + SEO was to create proof that I can rank and furthermore get clients with that proof.

When they started making me money I focused a bit more on them, but really they will always just be a tool for me to catch the big fishes.

For example, If I have a salon website that gets 20 calls a month - I can now go to any salon in the country and have CRAZY proof of my work and close a good amount of them. Especially when I show them the call recordings.

-----------------------------------------------

So to everyone else that "wants to get started in lead gen". Think outside the box. Don't think about lead generation solely in the form of ranking a website and sending those visitors to a local business. You can post a store's products/services on craigslist, offerup, letgo, facebook - and send leads into their stores. That's "Lead Gen" just as much as Google is "Lead Gen".

Maybe you automate their Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts. And you have an outsourcer communicating with new followers, answering questions, and directing sales. That's Lead Gen.

Get creative guys! It's taking a long time to rank on Google. And if you haven't learned SEO by now - it's going to take you a solid 6 months to learn, and 12 months to become dangerous. And that's dedicating 6-8 hours every day to learning and taking action.

By the time you master SEO in 12 months, Google rankings will be moving even slower and it will take you an additional 12 months to see your first dollar.

2 years is not a lot of time for a business to start generating revenue but this will only be a minimal amount at first if you are only doing Lead Gen Websites.

Which is why - you should get companies to pay you to do their SEO, Social Media, etc so that way you don't have to wait 2 years for your first crappy $500/month lead gen site to rank.

You'll be getting paid to learn - and what's better than a $5,000 course? $1,000/month for 5 months before you get fired for no results. You'll have experience, you'll know what it feels like to be fired by a client, and you've probably been comfortable for some time so you'll have a fire under your a$$ for sure.

keith4444

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 13, 2018
UK
There are some great training programs that I've paid over $7,000 for during the last couple of years. I would be happy to share these with you but don't have the files on my computer as they are hosted within a membership area. Luckily though - there are group buy sites that make programs like these very cheap (I'm talking like $50). That's what I would do if I were you. If you'd like I can PM you some links.
Hi
Can you send me those links too please?
Thanks
Keith

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.