The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Leveraging Fame For Fastlane Success

PersianCub

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Feb 28, 2018
Atlanta
What’s up guys. So here’s what going on.

I’v been working on getting a fastlane going, and got blindsided with this opportunity.

I’m a high end male nanny on the east coast, and my agent sent me to an “on air interview” for a very high profile reality TV star.

One of the most well known nationwide right now.

I got in there, and just knocked questions out left and right from the 4 person panel.

I was on FIRE.

I knew that there were potentially 1-2M people who would watch this, and left no room for error. Cameras were running the whole time, and nothing was scripted.

They had asked me to bring an item of significance to represent what I do with the kids I work with. So I brought a small speaker, and explained to them that I freestyle rap with them for fun and to encourage creativity.

One family member asked me if I also freestyle.

I said yes.

“Let’s hear it then”

I try putting a beat on my speaker, and the producer says I have to do it no beat because it’ll mess up the sound quality.

One of the family members starts a beat on the table with his fists.

“BOOM, CH, BOOM CH, BOOM BOOM CH”

They’re staring at me, lights and cameras were right there and all my years of high school rapping just possessed me.

I start dropping this hilarious rap about making beef kebabs with my hands and feet, putting spices in it, how I’m the man, etc etc.

I finished, and they completely exploded with excitement.

They were ecstatic, and I knew they were sold.

I walked out, and the producer runs out telling me how much they liked me and that I’d be a perfect fit for the show.

4 weeks later, I get confirmation that the position is mine.

So here’s the thing, it’s a weekend job helping run their household. Cooking, groceries, helping with the kid, etc. Basically a Family Assistant.

I’ll definitely be on television as a part of the position, and my funny freestyle interview will be aired in a few weeks as well. (A short clip of it was shown in the promo for the series, is how I know)

There are at least 10,000 people more qualified than me for this job in my area, so I know that they hired me for my personality more than anything to improve the show.

My main game plan has been position my IG as an overall personality right now. Once the interview of me rapping comes out, I was going to post it on my page and hashtag it until people start realizing I’m the guy in the video.

Then start building a following from that.

I have a personality geared for the limelight in general. Very outgoing, super goofy/ridiculous, and I’m known as a super unique character by everyone.

I was leaning towards building an online following through this, then begin selling some sort of product line through it.

The star I’d be working for has a few businesses and my agent was telling me I could easily get her help with doing my own stuff once I build a relationship with her.

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on leveraging an opportunity with potential fame (even if just on a smaller scale) to build a fastlane. I know that I’m losing a lot of control by relying on an opportunity like this though, at least at first.

But it’s a once in a lifetime thing, and I think it may be worth the risk.

Thanks everyone

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Just to clarify.

You have been appointed to the role of family nanny for a Nationwide TV Reality Star and by default will appear on some episodes of whatever show she is in.

There is nothing wrong with leveraging a little fame if it has been thrust your way.

If you were the Rapping Nanny and get some traction you could have many lines in the future to do with organising busy households.

A variety of cookbooks for the busy mum.

How to get the kids to do their homework.

How to entertain kids in the summer/winter.

How to organise this and how to organise that.

Just a few immediate thoughts, nothing too imaginative. I am sure you and others will have better ones.

Dan

PS: In the UK Jo Frost was a nanny who did well disciplining naughty children without force. She ended up being approached by a TV producer and Super Nanny TV show was born. Lasted for years and went to the US as SupernannyUSA. She dealt with real monster children!

PPS: Don't start off too soon with this or the Reality Star will get rid of you!!

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why not? Fame is a tap into scaleable mathematics. Scaleable mathematics is what creates wealth.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
That sounds like a great opportunity - congratulations on nailing it! Having an audience built for you (via the show) makes for a great entry into the fastlane!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
lol play my frustrating casual app game on your show, if it goes viral we split the profits :rofl:

PersianCub

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Feb 28, 2018
Atlanta
Just to clarify.

You have been appointed to the role of family nanny for a Nationwide TV Reality Star and by default will appear on some episodes of whatever show she is in.

There is nothing wrong with leveraging a little fame if it has been thrust your way.

If you were the Rapping Nanny and get some traction you could have many lines in the future to do with organising busy households.

A variety of cookbooks for the busy mum.

How to get the kids to do their homework.

How to entertain kids in the summer/winter.

How to organise this and how to organise that.

Just a few immediate thoughts, nothing too imaginative. I am sure you and others will have better ones.

Dan

PS: In the UK Jo Frost was a nanny who did well disciplining naughty children without force. She ended up being approached by a TV producer and Super Nanny TV show was born. Lasted for years and went to the US as SupernannyUSA. She dealt with real monster children!

PPS: Don't start off too soon with this or the Reality Star will get rid of you!!

That’s a great point. I’v always wanted to stick to this industry (it’s the only one i’v has long term experience in).

Jo Frost is a beast and has my respect, I actually utilize many of her discipline principles.

Definitely going to ease into it! :)

PersianCub

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Feb 28, 2018
Atlanta
Why not? Fame is a tap into scaleable mathematics. Scaleable mathematics is what creates wealth.
True. My main dilemma was realizing that I only have so much control, and it’s in the producer/stars hands to make me known. But a pretty small risk to take.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
What’s up guys. So here’s what going on.

I’v been working on getting a fastlane going, and got blindsided with this opportunity.

I’m a high end male nanny on the east coast, and my agent sent me to an “on air interview” for a very high profile reality TV star.

One of the most well known nationwide right now.

I got in there, and just knocked questions out left and right from the 4 person panel.

I was on FIRE.

I knew that there were potentially 1-2M people who would watch this, and left no room for error. Cameras were running the whole time, and nothing was scripted.

They had asked me to bring an item of significance to represent what I do with the kids I work with. So I brought a small speaker, and explained to them that I freestyle rap with them for fun and to encourage creativity.

One family member asked me if I also freestyle.

I said yes.

“Let’s hear it then”

I try putting a beat on my speaker, and the producer says I have to do it no beat because it’ll mess up the sound quality.

One of the family members starts a beat on the table with his fists.

“BOOM, CH, BOOM CH, BOOM BOOM CH”

They’re staring at me, lights and cameras were right there and all my years of high school rapping just possessed me.

I start dropping this hilarious rap about making beef kebabs with my hands and feet, putting spices in it, how I’m the man, etc etc.

I finished, and they completely exploded with excitement.

They were ecstatic, and I knew they were sold.

I walked out, and the producer runs out telling me how much they liked me and that I’d be a perfect fit for the show.

4 weeks later, I get confirmation that the position is mine.

So here’s the thing, it’s a weekend job helping run their household. Cooking, groceries, helping with the kid, etc. Basically a Family Assistant.

I’ll definitely be on television as a part of the position, and my funny freestyle interview will be aired in a few weeks as well. (A short clip of it was shown in the promo for the series, is how I know)

There are at least 10,000 people more qualified than me for this job in my area, so I know that they hired me for my personality more than anything to improve the show.

My main game plan has been position my IG as an overall personality right now. Once the interview of me rapping comes out, I was going to post it on my page and hashtag it until people start realizing I’m the guy in the video.

Then start building a following from that.

I have a personality geared for the limelight in general. Very outgoing, super goofy/ridiculous, and I’m known as a super unique character by everyone.

I was leaning towards building an online following through this, then begin selling some sort of product line through it.

The star I’d be working for has a few businesses and my agent was telling me I could easily get her help with doing my own stuff once I build a relationship with her.

Would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on leveraging an opportunity with potential fame (even if just on a smaller scale) to build a fastlane. I know that I’m losing a lot of control by relying on an opportunity like this though, at least at first.

But it’s a once in a lifetime thing, and I think it may be worth the risk.

Thanks everyone

Applause, applause!!! Way to go... that must have felt good.

Definitely post the link to your episode here when it's live!

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
True. My main dilemma was realizing that I only have so much control, and it’s in the producer/stars hands to make me known. But a pretty small risk to take.

Thats why having your social media accounts is important, sure they run the show but if your cameos are entertaining people will want to know more about you, and you'll grow your own following away from the show (and as well as on the show)

Good Luck! Freestyle rapping is quite the talent!

PersianCub

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Feb 28, 2018
Atlanta
Thanks so much Will definitely post the clip when it comes out in a few weeks.

PersianCub

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Feb 28, 2018
Atlanta
Update:
The producers completely cut my scene to a quick 30 seconds, and took out the freestyle. I guess it overshined the main star of the show....
back to square one :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.