The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Leverage

Phil6798

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2021
Hello everybody,

first of all I want to introduce myself. I’m Phil, 22 years old and I signed up for this forum last week by reading about in the book TMF .

I’ve had this book now over 3 years, it was always by my side, a read some few chapters here and there but never got the mindset to understand until now.

Since the middle of 2020 I began to understand that I’m not made for a life of commitments to a boss, unless I’m the one. I’m in the middle of studying I know won’t probably the way I want to get access to wealth in my life = Slowlane.

I began by not reading this book but studying it by not having it next to my bed just to read a few lines before sleep but understand the meaning of such an good book. I’ve started to spend money not in some crap I don’t need, but in books, spending time watching TV became spending time studying.

I’m posting this because I just want to know what is for you the definition of leverage ? Since I’m not a native English speaker, I can’t really come up with an definition just by trying to understand through context in the book.

I could just simply google the definition but I’m way more interested by having some explanation from a community who understands why I’m here, as we all are.

I’ve started spending so much time on this forum, there are so many unlimited and interesting topics and I’m glad for this change I made, it’s the beginning of something big.

I hope I can get all the info I need from you guys to have a clear definition of such an important word, but I don’t doubt about that, since we’re all awesome people made to not have an life like most are -> Dreaming of wealth without effort but instead we try and get experience from everything to get to this goal by working and learning daily.
Thanks to all of you.

Phil

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Leverage (as in Controlled Unlimited Leverage) does not refer to the financial term that refers to a debt position in relation to your invested equity.

Controlled Unlimited Leverage refers to the impact that your decisions can have on the performance of the business (and thus on your wealth).

If you have a job, you can't walk into your boss's office and ask for a 100% raise. I mean you can but he'll probably laugh you out of the office. You have Uncontrollable Limited Leverage, because your impact on the outcome is limited.

But, you can double your revenue by doing something like doubling your on-page conversion rate, which is something that you can influence by changing certain elements on your website and testing to see how much better it performs.

Hope that helps

Phil6798

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2021
Leverage (as in Controlled Unlimited Leverage) does not refer to the financial term that refers to a debt position in relation to your invested equity.

Controlled Unlimited Leverage refers to the impact that your decisions can have on the performance of the business (and thus on your wealth).

If you have a job, you can't walk into your boss's office and ask for a 100% raise. I mean you can but he'll probably laugh you out of the office. You have Uncontrollable Limited Leverage, because your impact on the outcome is limited.

But, you can double your revenue by doing something like doubling your on-page conversion rate, which is something that you can influence by changing certain elements on your website and testing to see how much better it performs.

Hope that helps
Thanks a lot for your quick return. Indeed it’s helping me to understand what is the purpose of CUL. I knew it was better to get explanation here then simply Google for it. Thanks again !

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Hi Phil, welcome to the forum.

To me, leverage is something that gets you bigger/better results, without any more effort.

For example, you can tutor someone 1 on 1 (no leverage).
You could also record yourself explaining the ideas and then post the video on YouTube.

The platform (YouTube) gives you leverage, since you can reach millions of people.

You're still doing the same amount of work, though: explaining the concept in a way that makes sense.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I knew it was better to get explanation here then simply Google for it. Thanks again !

I mean, that shouldn't be a general rule. In general, Google first. Then ask people you know. Honestly, posting here should be your last resort. This is a bit more understandable since the word "leverage" has many meanings in English.

MJ has explained CUL elsewhere on the forum so a quick forum search for "controlled unlimited leverage" would have helped you.

Enjoy your stay

Phil6798

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2021
Hi Phil, welcome to the forum.

To me, leverage is something that gets you bigger/better results, without any more effort.

For example, you can tutor someone 1 on 1 (no leverage).
You could also record yourself explaining the ideas and then post the video on YouTube.

The platform (YouTube) gives you leverage, since you can reach millions of people.

You're still doing the same amount of work, though: explaining the concept in a way that makes sense.
Thanks for your reply, interesting point of view indeed with an concrete example !

Phil6798

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2021
I mean, that shouldn't be a general rule. In general, Google first. Then ask people you know. Honestly, posting here should be your last resort. This is a bit more understandable since the word "leverage" has many meanings in English.

MJ has explained CUL elsewhere on the forum so a quick forum search for "controlled unlimited leverage" would have helped you.

Enjoy your stay
Yes it has a lot of means and I heard of it multiple times that’s why. Will take your advice in consideration. I’ll look forward to that post from MJ.
Thanks again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...