The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let me show you what Fastlane Motivation looks like.

A post of a ranting nature...

hamhock89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Nov 19, 2017
Atlanta, GA
brvixTI.jpg

Yes, that is my bank account as of 12/10/2017 3:02AM.

If this doesn't motivate you enough. Let me give you a little peek into the rabbit hole of an average Americans bank account and how cheap the system is. Right now, I'm currently in Fastlane Transition from the Sidewalk. But what you are looking at is most American lives right there. I have to maintain that until next Friday when I can finally get my "paycheck" woo F*cking hoo!! Just what we all want, to be hindered by our life's standards controlled by the person we're working for. Let me tell you folks. I make $14 an hour to CLIMB CELL PHONE TOWERS. I waste my TIME, and RISK MY LIFE for FOURTEEN.DOLLARS.AN.HOUR. So people on the interstate passing by can surf the web full of their distractions in their small jail cell sized boxes and are probably on their way to a job making more than I do. That or they are just in incredible debt driving by in those flashy cars.

My product CANNOT get here fast enough. I'm so READY to put this to the test and see what I can learn and HOPEFULLY make a profit and fill some needs for society.

If this is in the wrong forum, please relocate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
brvixTI.jpg

If this doesn't motivate you enough. Let me give you a little peek into the rabbit hole of an average Americans bank account and how cheap the system is. Right now, I'm currently in Fastlane Transition from the Sidewalk. But what you are looking at is most American lives right there. I have to maintain that until next Friday when I can finally get my "paycheck" woo F*cking hoo!! Just what we all want, to be hindered by our life's standards controlled by the person we're working for. Let me tell you folks. I make $14 an hour to CLIMB CELL PHONE TOWERS. I waste my TIME, and RISK MY LIFE for FOURTEEN.DOLLARS.AN.HOUR. So people on the interstate passing by can surf the web full of their distractions in their small jail cell sized boxes and are probably on their way to a job making more than I do. That or they are just in incredible debt driving by in those flashy cars.

My product CANNOT get here fast enough. I'm so READY to put this to the test and see what I can learn and HOPEFULLY make a profit and fill some needs for society.

pfft... u think u got it hard? Check this out:
broke.jpg

Also i see ur phone got 4G LTE, maybe ud have 100 dollars more without that lol

Last edited:

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
This is one of those interesting times on the forum where I think it's appropriate to say 'thank you'. And I'm being serious. I need my cell phone for lots and lots of thing and I'm glad you're maintaining those towers.

Do I want you to do that forever? Of course not. I hope your fastlane dreams come true.

But I'm also glad there's a stewardess on my flight to get me a drink. I'm glad someone is down at the town water district cleaning filters and sending clean H2O to my faucet. And some guy comes to pump my septic every two years. And the fuel guy will fill my tank on Wednesday to keep my house warm.

I used to work a similar job and it made me realize I don't want to do it for the rest of my life. But life without people doing these jobs would suck.

I'm not making light of your situation. But acknowledge that, until robots can do all of these functions, I truly appreciate what you're doing.

-PM

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This is one of those interesting times on the forum where I think it's appropriate to say 'thank you'. And I'm being serious. I need my cell phone for lots and lots of thing and I'm glad you're maintaining those towers.

Do I want you to do that forever? Of course not. I hope your fastlane dreams come true.

But I'm also glad there's a stewardess on my flight to get me a drink. I'm glad someone is down at the town water district cleaning filters and sending clean H2O to my faucet. And some guy comes to pump my septic every two years. And the fuel guy will fill my tank on Wednesday to keep my house warm.

I used to work a similar job and it made me realize I don't want to do it for the rest of my life. But life without people doing these jobs would suck.

I'm not making light of your situation. But acknowledge that, until robots can do all of these functions, I truly appreciate what you're doing.

-PM
Good call, @Philip Marlowe. Reps!
We must not forget their sacrifices and hard work.
Even better, whole Fastlanes have been created to provide these workers with better tools to make them more efficient.

Their struggles have enabled entrepreneurs to make businesses and open markets.

I don't think the problem is that life will suck without such workers. It's just that it is hard to enact rapid and drastic structural changes without economical deadlocks. It will have to take time to get robots on the move.

And even then, the robots might still need a degree of human control.

Something relevant to this route of transitioning from such jobs to a Fastlane:
GOLD - Your Fastlane Rocket Fuel - Compounding Action Power

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Always thought it would be interesting to work as a tower climber. Scary for sure!

I have to maintain that until next Friday when I can finally get my "paycheck"

Anyway, wanted to drop in to say you do NOT have to maintain that until next Friday. If you're ready, you can increase that right now. Sounds like you have product coming in. Great start! You can hustle while you wait. List your old crap on Facebook Buy/Sell groups. Put some on Ebay, Craigslist. Check out TaskRabbit.com for localized freelance work. Probably won't make life-altering millions, but at least you can eat!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like an FTE to me! Congrats to you.

Fastlane starts with a mindset then an identity. Eventually your actions and results will reflect that identity.

So in other words, you're taking your first step into the realm of change.

But does it hurt bad enough to change?

GOLD - Does It Hurt Bad Enough?

hamhock89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Nov 19, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Absolutely, it hurts bad enough, it hurts really bad. The underlying feeling, the gritting of the teeth, the 100 yard stare, and clenching of the fists. I'm finished with this SCRIPTED life and have the best opportunity of time in my life now to stop sitting back and start going for it. The ball is rolling my friends and every time I see my bank account that low it just adds more fuel to the fire. Enough fuel to overwhelm the comfort. This was the last straw this time. I don't say that out of frustration only to return to comfort and mental masturbation once my bank account replenishes for the weeks "paycheck". I highlight "paycheck" because you know how lame that sounds? How undignifying that sounds? Sure it puts food on the table and "pays the bills" but goddamn is it so cliche? The fact that I let someone have this much control over my life? It's the biggest running joke in history and all I can do is laugh for being the butt of it. Don't get me wrong, I've been trying to get UNSCRIPTED since 2013 but I wasn't trying hard enough because I ended up getting too comfortable.

Comfort is dangerous and any Fastlaners worst enemy.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
brvixTI.jpg

I certainly hope the cells are off. They emit an incredible amount of radiation.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles

-PM
Exactly. I have now made it a point in my everyday interactions with people doing shitty jobs to say "thank you". I bet they do not hear that a lot. Someone hustling their a$$ to do something for a customer or providing a service to make others' lives easier deserves to hear gratitude. People think it's their job and don't think about someone's humanity. No one stops to take the time to thank anyone for making their lives more convenient.

colerobert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 10, 2017
Crookston
brvixTI.jpg

I want to thank you for climbing those tall cell towers keeping our communications intact. Let me offer my motivation. My motivation is is having had my arms inside of sewer pipes, been up to my waist in mud repairing water lines, hung from ankles tightening bolts on pipes, and been covered head to toe in grease working on trucks. Believe me, I feel you. I have no desire to do this the rest of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Keep feeling that anger and start working on your projects , In a year or 2 you will be in a better place. It all starts exactly like this.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Some of the best businesses come from crappy work conditions. This makes me want to start a drone tower inspection service.
Aerial zoom-ins can give a good bird's eye view. Or even a direct sniper-view, depending on your camera specs.
But I'm wondering about the inside maintenance work, when you have to open up the in-built mechanics and check for fuses or stuff like that. Some of them may be metres high up.

You might want that drone to have hands to handle stuff ,so that they can fly up, get in, do shit, get out.
And if the work takes hours, there's the drone battery to look into for longevity. And it can result in a drone battery weight vs drone size standoff. You cannot have the drone too big, not like a Reaper strike drone.

hamhock89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Nov 19, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Dude he climbs phone towers for a living you think he doesn't get a deal on this? lol

We don't! I work for a Sub Contractor that is a Sub for a main Turf Vendor for AT&T. We're always at the top sector! Most climbs are 200-250ft. I have been 350ft before though.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
We don't! I work for a Sub Contractor that is a Sub for a main Turf Vendor for AT&T. We're always at the top sector! Most climbs are 200-250ft. I have been 350ft before though.

that's messed up, u guys should totally get complementary internet.

yo though i didn't notice at first that ur job is tower climbing. Honestly that sounds like an awesome frickin job.

A lot of tower climbing videos go viral on youtube. You should make some dumb shit like "Playing flappy bird on top of 350ft tower", ull get 1 million views im sure.

or just strap a go pro to your head and record every tower climb u do, people like to watch that shit.

tower climbing beats wasting life in the office any day in my opinion.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
that's messed up, u guys should totally get complementary internet.

yo though i didn't notice at first that ur job is tower climbing. Honestly that sounds like an awesome frickin job.

A lot of tower climbing videos go viral on youtube. You should make some dumb shit like "Playing flappy bird on top of 350ft tower", ull get 1 million views im sure.

or just strap a go pro to your head and record every tower climb u do, people like to watch that shit.

tower climbing beats wasting life in the office any day in my opinion.

This seems like an idea.

Is there a 3d camera you can strap to your head, and then sell it later on to the virtual reality crowd? "Climbing" towers via your vr videos is something I'd pay for to work on my fear of heights.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This seems like an idea.

Is there a 3d camera you can strap to your head, and then sell it later on to the virtual reality crowd? "Climbing" towers via your vr videos is something I'd pay for to work on my fear of heights.
Not real enough to fulfill all senses, to recreate experiences.
The VR experience lacks the brush of of the wind that screams, 'DOOM'.
The actual climbing can also contribute to escalating of fear of heights. When you are attempting to hold onto some rickety ol' shit ladder that looks as thin as matchsticks, your brain starts to imagine the entire ladder toppling over and bringing you down.
Plus, multi-tasking to both climb and concentrate on the task ahead leaves you no cognitive space to suppress your fears.

nyc217

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 7, 2017
New York, NY
pfft... u think u got it hard? Check this out:
View attachment 17125

Also i see ur phone got 4G LTE, maybe ud have 100 dollars more without that lol
Lmao. Hilarious. Been there too. Collecting cans just to eat ain’t fun. But it was necessary to snap me out of an entitled mindset.

nyc217

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 7, 2017
New York, NY
brvixTI.jpg

Good luck, wish you the best. Being in that position does suck a little bit too! :/

killa_graham

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Oct 25, 2014
Texas
brvixTI.jpg

Looks all too familiar lol. It took me having many such moments (along with thousands in debt) to finally have an FTE.

Make sure to remember this moment so you go up from here instead of forgetting the pain after time fades it out. This is the beginning!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I make $14 an hour to CLIMB CELL PHONE TOWERS.

The truth is, the SCRIPTED life is getting more crowded. When every Tom, Dick and Harry has a college degree, suddenly there are 1000's of applicants for a job that pays just slightly above minimum wage. Reminds me of this thread where the Optometry assistant with a degree was offered just $2 bucks more than minimum wage. (In AZ, min wage is $10)

Rant - Sure, let’s blame capitalism

This is why it is more important than ever to start writing your story with your own pen.

hamhock89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Nov 19, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The truth is, the SCRIPTED life is getting more crowded. When every Tom, Dick and Harry has a college degree, suddenly there are 1000's of applicants for a job that pays just slightly above minimum wage. Reminds me of this thread where the Optometry assistant with a degree was offered just $2 bucks more than minimum wage. (In AZ, min wage is $10)

Rant - Sure, let’s blame capitalism

This is why it is more important than ever to start writing your story with your own pen.

Funny you say that actually. A very good friend of mine is a Mechanical Engineer. I remember us having a conversation about how heavily saturated the job market is and how difficult it is to pull quality candidates out from a crowd of mediocrity. There's nothing wrong with a college education perse', but todays Bachelors Degree is yesterdays High School Diploma, and todays Masters Degree is yesterdays Bachelors Degree. With anything else, supply and demand exist everywhere, the invisible hand has unlimited reach in all aspects of economics. Unfortunately, I feel, the U.S. is swamped with people holding B.S and B.A degrees and there's just not enough "Degree Paying" "jobs" to go around to fulfill those seats.

On your second point. Yes, now is the time. I don't understand why college graduates aren't pursuing their own endeavors with entrepreneurship.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.