The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Law passed for $15k tax credit on buying homes

Qjet50

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 26, 2007
Pearl City, HI
This proposal just represents one Senate approved component of the massive stimulus bill making its way through the legislative process. Likely lots of compromises will occur once House and Senate leaders meet to hammer out the differences. This proposal may or may not survive that process.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA

This proposal just represents one Senate approved component of the massive stimulus bill making its way through the legislative process. Likely lots of compromises will occur once House and Senate leaders meet to hammer out the differences. This proposal may or may not survive that process.

Selfishly, since I will be buying soon, I hope survives and passes quickly.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Is this gonna be one of those offers limited to people buying homes for personal use? I skimmed the article and didn't see any mention of this, but wasn't there some provision like that with one of the programs instituted to help get rid of foreclosures?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Fantastic, maybe it will motivate people to buy more homes.

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
If you buy a house and you pay cash and 15K is more than your payments into the system, do you actually get the difference back from the IRS?

Like, yearly net income $50,000 and $7,500 Deposit into the IRS for taxable income taxes. Will I end up with a $7,500 check from the Treasury? Or is the credit only good towards reducing the amount of taxes you pay into the system?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.