The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launched my fitness infoproduct, first week sales = $7150

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Aaronjod

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 13, 2015
Hey guys,

Pretty newb question, but what do you mean when you say you bought traffic? How does one go about doing so? Where can I read up on it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
I know $7150 isn't a ton of money but for my first launch and product, I'm pretty happy with it.

That's more than the majority of the country makes in 3 - 4 months! Badass man, great job!

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
This is the classic example demonstrating that process wins, good job, now it's time to leverage.

One great way to accelerate your success is through webinars.

If you're already selling a product, you can create a paid private membership and offer it as an upsell.

Adam Secada

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jan 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
I also get a lot of SEO traffic and have been building my list very rapidly recently after implementing custom lead magnets to specific posts via leadpages. This now grows my list by about 80-100 per day and I don't need to do anything.

This is what intrigues me. Could you elaborate a bit more on this? If I'm reading it right it looks like you take material on your blog, target the most shared / frequently visited content, built a lead page around it and use it to funnel people into your mailing list?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
That's more than the majority of the country makes in 3 - 4 months! Badass man, great job!

Thanks man.

This is what intrigues me. Could you elaborate a bit more on this? If I'm reading it right it looks like you take material on your blog, target the most shared / frequently visited content, built a lead page around it and use it to funnel people into your mailing list?

Yes for example, I would rank #1 for "how to lose weight" (i don't BTW), and I would use leadpages and build a custom leadbox on that page. There would be something on my article that says, "click here to download a free 6 week diet plan." Then everyone who clicks would get put on my list which would put them through my autoresponder.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
- Get retargeting down. I couldn't figure out retargeting for my launch. I used perfect audience but my site wasn't approved since I'm using a traditional long form sales page. Anyone have any tips on this?

Congratulations on your amazing success!

Could you clarify this a bit? Where did you advertise so that long form sales pages are not allowed, and how did you solve it?

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
This is an amazing story! For the amount of sales that you have done and the amount of people that you have come in contact with since this begun you should seriously consider setting up a Fitness forum similar to what Mj has here. All these people can come onto the site and talk to others and get advice and even join a VIP/Premium part of the website where you post weekly videos and respond directly to them.

Just an idea!

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Update #5 - i have 15 min to spare as i wait for a friend so i'm just going to brain dump here. Not checking my grammer.

Ok here's what happened:

- Sales stayed the same since last update. Still at $250 per day which is good and bad. Good since I'm making $250/day on autopilot. Bad since shit ain't moving up (totally my fault, of course).

- Got sidetracked with a new product/app that I wanted to launch and put all my focus into that which wasted a good 6 weeks. The project is on hold for now because after specing out the software, it's features, and the UI...it's going to cost at least $60k for design+development which I really don't want to risk right now. Believe me, I'm going to launch it one day, hopefully by this time next year but right now it's not a priority. Like some others on the forum pointed out, I should have focused on scaling my current product and stuff before trying something so untested.

- If you haven’t already, I highly recommend reading “unlabel” by marc ecko, great book.

- I procrastinated a lot. I promised myself in 2015 I would be different and I’m def better but I still procrastinate on even the simplest tasks which pisses me off.

- I’m really focused now on just being authentic with my product, website and brand. Sometimes I feel like I hold myself back a bit with my writing and whatnot b/c I feel it will hurt other’s feelings. But F*ck that, I’m going all in.

- Launching a podcast later in the next few months

- As for scaling my product, I’m still doing that. Doing more native ads on FB and being VERY careful to not get banned. Still learning more about retargeting so I really want to nail that down.

- Focusing on social media more (instagram, snapchat, periscope).

- Relaunching my fitness coaching in next 1-2 weeks which should do 15-20k at launch if my estimates are correct.

- Launching another infoproduct later this year for women.

And for those that are interested in creating their own fitness infoproduct and those who messaged me, here's my advice:

- Ask yourself? Why the F*ck would anyone listen to you? Why are you different?

- Be authentic.

- Don’t be boring. The world doesn’t need another “10 ways or get a six pack” or “The Ultimate Guide to building muscle” article. It just doesn’t.

- Don’t write like a copywriter. This shit is getting so old. People are smarter now. I know the world of health and internet marketing/copywriting are very intertwined but this stuff pisses me off so much. Maybe it worked 10 years ago but guys are now more educated than ever when it comes to fitness BS. Headlines like “1 Weird Exercise to boost your metabolism by 55.78%” just make me throw up in my mouth. If you do this – f*ck you.

- Don’t make false claims. Health/fitness is thankfully the one industry that’s heavily backed by science and actual reserach. This means you can’t make shit up, unlike the IM or dating niche which is much more heavily opinion/experience based and you can really say anything you want as long as you have “proof.”

- Don’t burn your customers and butt rape them even more offers after you’ve sold them your first front end product. I know guys who do this…they sell a $7-47 product, and the customer gets put through an endless autoresponder or broadcast of emails that do nothing but pitch product after product. Yes I know existing customers are more likely to buy but don’t be a dick about it. Provide even more value to existing customers before selling them more stuff.

- A lot of guys are getting into amazon’s FBA stuff and selling supplements. I find 99% of these guys are just chasing tactics and money. I get it, you hear the stories of guys doing 7-8 figs on amazon and you want to get in ont the action, but are you really building a business with this? Are you building a brand? If you’re using it to just get some cashflow, fine. But pretty everyone I know doing FBA is just doing it to make a quick buck. Guys are selling shitty stock supplements which they have zero passion for, using fake pen names when emailing customers, getting fake reviews, and are just 100% focused on gaming the current Amazing algorithm. It’s like SEO 10 years ago and it’s shady as shit.

- If you still want to be relevant in 5 years, you need to focus on building an authentic brand. Don’t just build a product and try to use internet marketing tactics and “hacks” to grow it and make money. Look at the biggest names in fitness and strive to be like them. They all have powerful, nearly bulletproof brands that people love and no amount of social media changes, SEO hacks, or paid traffic strategies are going to knock them down.

Thanks to everyone who actually reads this - means a lot :)

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Yes I'm still alive :)

Quick update:

- Sales have dipped a bit due to a slight drop in SEO. This is exactly what happens when you get too comfortable with the "SEO safety net". I'm actually glad this happened since I'm more motivated than ever now to build something more sustainable.
- Been focusing on rebranding my site to make myself a real differentiator in the fitness space. Quite happy with the end results
- Relaunching my product in a few weeks
- I'm off from my income goals I set for myself earlier this year but I'm still closer to my goals than ever before so I'm happy with that.

nbe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 13, 2014
The Netherlands.
- I’m really focused now on just being authentic with my product, website and brand. Sometimes I feel like I hold myself back a bit with my writing and whatnot b/c I feel it will hurt other’s feelings. But F*ck that, I’m going all in.

- Launching a podcast later in the next few months

- As for scaling my product, I’m still doing that. Doing more native ads on FB and being VERY careful to not get banned. Still learning more about retargeting so I really want to nail that down.

- Focusing on social media more (instagram, snapchat, periscope).

- Relaunching my fitness coaching in next 1-2 weeks which should do 15-20k at launch if my estimates are correct.

- Launching another infoproduct later this year for women.

And for those that are interested in creating their own fitness infoproduct and those who messaged

Fantastic progress! enjoyed reading it.

I'm currently looking at the infoproduct route. But I'm not an expert myself. So i'm looking to license an existing infoproduct. Do you think this can work? or would I provide to little value because I haven't written the content myself.

Charmander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Feb 20, 2015
Slovakia
Can't believe I didn't see this before. There's process here: $7150 in sales in the first week is all most people see but what I see is 3 years of hard work, building a fitness blog and a list and giving the people what they really wanted. Good stuff.

If that´s so, then that´s pretty poor sales.
Overcrowded "niche".
What´s the profit anyway?

Last edited:

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Dude, thanks for sharing, learnt a lot from reading this.

I'm working on launching my website soon, but still trying to figure out if the core product should be a website,SaaSor an App.

Using subscription/membership to a website as a revenue model seems limiting to me somehow, but you can't really tell until you have already launched and made/lost money from it right?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Fantastic progress! enjoyed reading it.

I'm currently looking at the infoproduct route. But I'm not an expert myself. So i'm looking to license an existing infoproduct. Do you think this can work? or would I provide to little value because I haven't written the content myself.

You can make money but you won't make MONEY.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
If that´s so, then that´s pretty poor sales.
Overcrowded "niche".
What´s the profit anyway?

Technically it was 3 years since I started my blog but i never focused on it 100% until the last 6 months or so.

Pretty poor? I guess you could say that in terms of pure numbers compared to guys doing 7-fig launches. But the majority of guys who launch their own stuff don't make shit.

Profit was virtually 100%, since I mailed to my own list.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Dude, thanks for sharing, learnt a lot from reading this.

I'm working on launching my website soon, but still trying to figure out if the core product should be a website,SaaSor an App.

Using subscription/membership to a website as a revenue model seems limiting to me somehow, but you can't really tell until you have already launched and made/lost money from it right?

How is that limiting? Everyone wants recurring revenue these days. Heard of a little business called netflix?

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
@piesandak47

Ok sorry that statement or viewpoint is kind of short-sighted or not well explained.
Yeah of course I have heard of netflix but I have never used it yet.

Anyway impressive numbers for your first infoproduct, keep it up.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
What do you mean by track time?

Time taken you finish up each of your tasks.
Was there a deadline to pull up opt-in email contacts?
I know the email marketing was done for a week
But, how much time did you take to draft the marketing plan - the offers created for each day?
What was the man hours you put in for this project?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Update #I'm too lazy to go back and check what number I'm on

- Getting ready to do launch version 2.0 of my original product.
- Launching by end of sept or Oct 1st
- I expect revenue to be at least $30k since my email list has more than doubled, I'm implementing retargeting, and I'll actually have upsells/add ons in place this time when they go through the funnel.
- Finally hired a full time graphics person in the Phillipines which was one of the best decisions ever. No longer do I have to bullshit around in photoshop pretending like I know what I'm doing. Now I can give her 5 different graphic tasks and she'll have them all done by the end of the day. This would have taken me a full week to figure out before. If you can afford it, I highly recommend hiring someone full time.
- Currently working on sorting out the launch funnel.
- Going to launch with 3 part video series instead of just email like last time
- Current revenue is around $7k/month now.

Uh...yeah other stuff I can't think of to write but that's my progress.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
NEXT UPDATE

I'm launching my next product (the 2.0 version) on monday (Oct 5th).

It's going to follow a similar structure as my last product in Jan, with a few small and big changes:

- Going to be heavily implementing custom audience retargeting on FB, i expect this to really boost sales.
- Will use same email launch sequence (2 emails pre launch (one on thurs, one of friday, then next Monday-Saturday will be the announcement email + content/product benefit emails + the final "reminder" emails on Saturday)
- For this launch I'll have my core product (plus 2 more products for sale on the backend). These will be offered as a OTO discount. Last launch I only had my core product for $47.
- I will be offering a time limited launch discount, whereas last time I just gave a special bonus ebook for launch week. I also expect the special discount to help me sell dramatically more copies.
- My list this time is 2.5x bigger than it was in Jan..... this combined with FB retargeting should blow things up.
- Also plan on running an exclusive launch fitness transformation contest where I'm giving away $2k cash to help motivate guys and get more testimonials.
- Overall I expect this launch to do a minimum of $25k. On the high end, maybe $40k

After launch I will reinvest 99% back into the biz and scale this f*cker to the moon. I know I said I would back in Feb but yeah I screwed up with too much other BS. No more excuses. Time to take over :)

Last edited:

LleixG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 22, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
How many suscribers do you have right now on your email list?
And what service do you use to send the emails?

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Can't believe I didn't see this before. There's process here: $7150 in sales in the first week is all most people see but what I see is 3 years of hard work, building a fitness blog and a list and giving the people what they really wanted. Good stuff.

So, I just came across this thread. First, well-done OP, well done. This comment reminds me about the recent interest in Kimra Luna. She was recently featured in the SPI podcast as having gone from welfare to profitable in 12 months. The truth (and she will tell you) is that she did not just launch a business from scratch. She was a part of an MLM and had a previous blog on health and wellness.

This is definitely something I think we all need to keep in mind. The only time you can become an overnight success is if you put the time in to learn to be one.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
So, I just came across this thread. First, well-done OP, well done. This comment reminds me about the recent interest in Kimra Luna. She was recently featured in the SPI podcast as having gone from welfare to profitable in 12 months. The truth (and she will tell you) is that she did not just launch a business from scratch. She was a part of an MLM and had a previous blog on health and wellness.

This is definitely something I think we all need to keep in mind. The only time you can become an overnight success is if you put the time in to learn to be one.

Thanks.

Yeah i mean I've been starting and failing businesses, jumping between a bunch of different crap for 3 years before i launched my first product.

But it was everything i learned from those things that carried over and gave me some success.

I don't think i know a single person who starts from absolute ground zero, not just money wise, but experience wise and finds massive success in 3-6 months.

Hurdlerwayne

Man without vision shall perish!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 13, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
This is awesome. Being more fit than anyone is what I do for a living and I can't believe I've never capitalize on it this way. Tell us more about scaling using paid traffic. What methods would be used Google AdWords, direct mailing, social media, Facebook ads, etc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.