The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launched my fitness infoproduct, first week sales = $7150

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Last week I finally launched my first product ever.

It's a fitness infoproduct.

The cost is $47, currently no upsells or anything like that. Strictly a front end product.

I launched primarily to my email list and did $7150 in sales my first week.

Here's an outline of it:

What is my product's name?

At the moment I'm not sure if I want to share my product publicly here. While I know most people won't do shit, I don't want someone to completely rip me off.

What is my niche?

My product is geared towards guys who want to lose weight, primarily younger guys in the 18-40 range.

My launch sequence

I launched my product on mon (jan 12th) and the "launch" ended saturday (jan 17th at 6pm PST).

As an incentive to buy during launch week I gave away a free bonus rapid fat loss guide to help guys lose weight faster.

But before launching on monday, I did a small "prelaunch" on the previous thurs and fri.

On thursday, I sent out an email that gave away a ton of awesome content. I didn't pitch or link out to anything. I simply gave away content for free which was based around the hook of my product.

On Fri, I sent out another email which gave away even more awesome content and I still didn't pitch anything. At the end of the email I simply told my list that I would be realeasing a system on monday morning that gives them a step by step blueprint to build the body of their dreams.

Both of these emails were about 1200 words each.

Launch week emails:

Monday = "PRODUCT IS NOW LIVE" email (goes into detail of the product)
Tuesday = content email based around specific benefit of product
Wed = No email
Thurs = content email based around successful case study
Fri = content email based around limited time bonus benefits (mention 24 hour deadline to get bonus)
Sat (am) = "REMINDER 12 hours left" email
Sat (pm) = "Reminder 3 HOURS LEFT" email

Sales were highest on Monday and Friday.

Looking back, I probably shouldn't have ended on Saturday night but oh well.

How I built my list

The majority of my list was built via my blog. My blog has a decent following already so a lot of people bought because they've been following me for a while.

I also get a lot of SEO traffic and have been building my list very rapidly recently after implementing custom lead magnets to specific posts via leadpages. This now grows my list by about 80-100 per day and I don't need to do anything.

Plans going forward:

Currently I'm getting a lot of traffic and leads via SEO and as much as I love SEO for all the "free" traffic it provides, I still gotta say - F*ck SEO.

There's nothing worse than having your entire business and future rest in the hands of Google. In the time it took me to type this, all my rankings could have disappeared already and I can't really do shit about it.

Here's what I need to do:

- Build my backend. I probably missed out on a lot of sales by not having a backend at launch but I just wanted to get my shit out there as fast as possible. I'm working on 2 upsells and downsells right now.
- Use paid traffic to scale to the moon.Like I said, SEO is terribly unreliable. All the big boys use paid traffic to scale to 8+ figures. I know this is how you truly scale big and fast.
- Build my autoresponder funnel.
- Get retargeting down. I couldn't figure out retargeting for my launch. I used perfect audience but my site wasn't approved since I'm using a traditional long form sales page. Anyone have any tips on this?
- Recruit affilaites. I already have some people agree to mail out for me but I know I need more.

Conclusion

I know $7150 isn't a ton of money but for my first launch and product, I'm pretty happy with it.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
How many people on the initial list that got you that $7k?

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I was just trying to gauge what type of CTR you had. At 5k subscribers that's a pretty good number of sales.

D

Deleted2BB3x9

Solid launch man!

How old is your blog? How many blog posts do you think it took to get your 5k subs?

Also did you send any other emails other than your launch emails? PM if you need help with your autoresponder, I'm currently working on mine.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Solid launch man!

How old is your blog? How many blog posts do you think it took to get your 5k subs?

Also did you send any other emails other than your launch emails? PM if you need help with your autoresponder, I'm currently working on mine.

3 years old. It wasn't the number of posts that grew my list. It was because I ranked highly for some high volume keywords on a handful of posts.

I sent 2 prelaunch emails like I said in my original post.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Congrats on your success.. wish you even more!!

If I may ask a couple questions:

1) How did you drive traffic to your blog in the first place?

2) What did you give away for them to even sign up? (my wife has a fitness blog and email capture seems to be the hardest part for us)

3) Did you have a dedicated landing page for the info product or was it just sold via email?

Congrats again$$

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
1) How did you drive traffic to your blog in the first place?

2) What did you give away for them to even sign up? (my wife has a fitness blog and email capture seems to be the hardest part for us)

3) Did you have a dedicated landing page for the info product or was it just sold via email?

1) SEO and social media mainly
2) a lot of the time it was simply a PDF version of whatever blog post they were on. I used a lot of page specific lead magnets. I
3) I had a prelaunch page for my product but nothing beyond that.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Do you think you could have built your list and product faster than 3 years?

What mistakes did you make that made the process longer?

Thanks for sharing, congrats on the success.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
There's no shortcuts man.
You're wrong. There is a shortcut. Its called buying traffic profitably. You need to have the balls to continue until you get it right though.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Do you think you could have built your list and product faster than 3 years?
What mistakes did you make that made the process longer?

HELL YES I could have done it faster than 3 years.

3 years is a long time lol.

I started my fitness blog in 2011 and for 2 years I simply monetized it with affilate clickbank offers. I focused the majority of my efforts on SEO and never even touched paid traffic which was a huge mistake.

Not to say SEO is bad, I'd like to consider myself pretty well-versed on SEO now but if you really want to grow a business FAST, buying your traffic and customers is the way to go.

If i could start all over again I might not even start a blog. I would go straight into product creation and maybe start a blog later on.

My other big mistake is what a lot of other people suffer from - shiny object syndrome.

While I ran my blog for 3 years, I tried to do a lot of stuff in between before really buckling down the last 6 months to build my own product. Stuff like running affiliates offers on POF, building a SAAS product, offline consulting, importing and selling on amazon/ebay, and a failed partnership that cost me 3 months time and $2500 down the drain.

But now I am 100% laser focused on my own product and scaling it like a motherf*cker.

I always like to compare business to working out/dieting. A person who follows and never gives up on even the world's shittiest workout and diet plan is going to see better results than a person who changes programs every week.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
There is a shortcut. Its called buying traffic profitably.

This.

Nice well done!

Remember, in paid traffic, the rule is traffic is unlimited. The key is how much can YOU pay for it?

Just your funnel Customer Lifetime Value up, then you can afford to pay a shit ton more for traffic.
You can even start buying traffic that is more broad and general and start converting on that.
Meaning, you could run something like PPV traffic, which is alot less targeted, BUT since your CLV is so much higher, you can afford to spend more to get 1 new lead in.

This is how you scale shit to the moon and back.

E.g. Guy who makes $20 profit per customer lifecycle, can only pay $20 to buy traffic without going into a loss.
Bring that to $100 profit, now that guy can spend $100 to get that customer into his funnel.

At $20, say with a $1 Cost Per Click, he had to convert every 20 clicks to break even.
If he can spend $100, at $1 Cost Per Click, he can get upto 100 clicks to break even. The Conversion Rate doesn't need to be as high.

Matter of fact, he can hop onto some sources that the Conversion Rate would be abysmal, that most competitors can't even advertise on, but he will be profitable, and Dominate ;)

PM me if you need any help, I think I can help you get some quality traffic for this

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Nice :)

What format was the product?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
This.

Nice well done!

Remember, in paid traffic, the rule is traffic is unlimited. The key is how much can YOU pay for it?

Just your funnel Customer Lifetime Value up, then you can afford to pay a shit ton more for traffic.
You can even start buying traffic that is more broad and general and start converting on that.
Meaning, you could run something like PPV traffic, which is alot less targeted, BUT since your CLV is so much higher, you can afford to spend more to get 1 new lead in.

This is how you scale shit to the moon and back.

E.g. Guy who makes $20 profit per customer lifecycle, can only pay $20 to buy traffic without going into a loss.
Bring that to $100 profit, now that guy can spend $100 to get that customer into his funnel.

At $20, say with a $1 Cost Per Click, he had to convert every 20 clicks to break even.
If he can spend $100, at $1 Cost Per Click, he can get upto 100 clicks to break even. The Conversion Rate doesn't need to be as high.

Matter of fact, he can hop onto some sources that the Conversion Rate would be abysmal, that most competitors can't even advertise on, but he will be profitable, and Dominate ;)

PM me if you need any help, I think I can help you get some quality traffic for this

Dude thank you. I needed to hear that. Will PM you soon :)

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Theres a ton of fitness products.

Did you validate your idea for the product before creating it?

How did you make your different from everyone elses?

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
I know $7150 isn't a ton of money but for my first launch and product, I'm pretty happy with it.

Some people launch products and don't make that much in the product's entire lifespan. Keep up the grind! Rep+

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Theres a ton of fitness products.

Did you validate your idea for the product before creating it?

How did you make your different from everyone elses?

Yes I did.

I ran a private beta group 4 months before hand and charged $20 to get into the beta. I used it to both get feedback and testimonials.

The hook around my product revolves around getting a very specific type of physique which there are very few if any competitors.

In addition my overall brand personality and writing style is very different from most other fitness bloggers.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I focused the majority of my efforts on SEO and never even touched paid traffic which was a huge mistake.

Not to say SEO is bad, I'd like to consider myself pretty well-versed on SEO now but if you really want to grow a business FAST, buying your traffic and customers is the way to go.

If i could start all over again I might not even start a blog. I would go straight into product creation and maybe start a blog later on.

My other big mistake is what a lot of other people suffer from - shiny object syndrome.

While I ran my blog for 3 years, I tried to do a lot of stuff in between before really buckling down the last 6 months to build my own product. Stuff like running affiliates offers on POF, building a SAAS product, offline consulting, importing and selling on amazon/ebay, and a failed partnership that cost me 3 months time and $2500 down the drain.

But now I am 100% laser focused on my own product and scaling it like a motherf*cker.

I always like to compare business to working out/dieting. A person who follows and never gives up on even the world's shittiest workout and diet plan is going to see better results than a person who changes programs every week.

TWO awesome learnings/pieces of advice.

Well done on your launch. (Great time of year for it too!)

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Interested if there are any updates;

How's your product selling now?
Do you still give any effort in marketing a (now old) product?
Do you have any new products in the line?
Do you use paid traffic by now?
If so, What are the results of that? (ROI?)

Also wondering what site is yours. I follow a lot of health/fitness sites, so yours could be one of them. just out of personal interest.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Interested if there are any updates;

How's your product selling now?
Do you still give any effort in marketing a (now old) product?
Do you have any new products in the line?
Do you use paid traffic by now?
If so, What are the results of that? (ROI?)

Also wondering what site is yours. I follow a lot of health/fitness sites, so yours could be one of them. just out of personal interest.

Ya so update #2 (2/28):

- Product is still doing about $200 per day on autopilot via SEO. Which is great passive income but definitely not stable.
- An old product? Its only been out for a month. And this is an evergreen product.
- Yes I have new products in the form of OTOs and upsells but I haven't begun development on my next core product yet which will be focused more on muscle building.
- Finally going into FB traffic. But I changed my initial strategy. This past week I invested about $300 with pretty much no ROI. I followed the popular Ryan Deiss "customer value optimization model" of lead magnet ===> tripwire ===> core offer ===> profit maximizers but after hearing about more and more people getting their FB accounts shut down especially in the health niche, I'm going a different route.

Just a few days ago I decided to hire a sales funnel/paid traffic consultant to help me scale my product.

Did I absolutely need to hire someone to help me?

No.

But if i were to do this myself I would be starting from ground zero and I think it's better to partner with someone who's already an expert in the field to expedite the process.

And I gotta say, I'm getting SO much more work done by hiring this guy to help me.

The route we're taking is a bit different from what i was doing before.

Instead of using FB to send traffic to a lead magnet (right now a lot of people are sending traffic to a simple leadpages squeeze page), we're mainly going to use FB for retargeting purposes.

As for traffic sources, we are focusing mainly on native ad platforms like taboola and adblade and send the traffic straight to content pieces.

I don't want to reveal my site on here. Not that I don't trust you, but well...I don't trust you :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.