The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launched my fitness infoproduct, first week sales = $7150

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
This is definitely something I think we all need to keep in mind. The only time you can become an overnight success is if you put the time in to learn to be one.

This sure is the key. We fail forward as we go through the learning process. I'm a firm believer that you can be an expert in anything in 6 months if you focus exclusively on it. The problem is as new entrepreneurs we have to go through the process of trying different models, niches and going down different avenues until, not only do we find something that works for us, but also something that we have an affinity for that we can take forward with conviction.

Some people are luckier than others and find their niche quickly without too much Shiny Metal Object syndrome. Others never fail enough to find out what will work for them, or never stick with one thing long enough to get any traction. Either switching to the next SMO or quitting before they hit that Aha! moment.

@piesandak47 Really enjoying your progress thread. It's great to see the learning process and the way you are not afraid to test, analyse and move forward even if sometimes to some it may look like a step back.

REP++

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
What did you to get that much traffic to your site? Are they all SEO visitors? And if so, what is your SEO strategy looking like? I'm trying to understand how you were able to score well in Google in such a competitive niche...

I'm asking you because I'm struggling to get traffic to my blog. I'm at 150 visitors a day which is way too less to be able to sell my infoproduct. I'm working on SEO but the competition is so far ahead that it seems that backlink building is going to take years to even come close to them. E.g. a waste of my time which can be better spent.... What's your opinion on this?

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
What did you to get that much traffic to your site? Are they all SEO visitors? And if so, what is your SEO strategy looking like? I'm trying to understand how you were able to score well in Google in such a competitive niche...

I'm asking you because I'm struggling to get traffic to my blog. I'm at 150 visitors a day which is way too less to be able to sell my infoproduct. I'm working on SEO but the competition is so far ahead that it seems that backlink building is going to take years to even come close to them. E.g. a waste of my time which can be better spent.... What's your opinion on this?

You should be using keyword software/websites and target keywords that are not extremely competitive but still relate to your niche.

Overtime, low volume keywords throughout your site will bring in high amount of traffic when you add it up while increasing the authority of your site.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014

Not all SEO, a large chunk is. Backbone of SEO is still backlinks and I did use some semi shady stuff to rank which is why my rankings have started to dip recently.

Don't wait for traffifc to your blog to sell a product.

If I had to start all over i wouldn't have focused on SEO at all, and put my time energy into paid traffic.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
@piesandak47 Really enjoying your progress thread. It's great to see the learning process and the way you are not afraid to test, analyse and move forward even if sometimes to some it may look like a step back.

REP++

Thanks man appreciate it.

Just launched my new product 2 days ago and it might actually do less than my first launch which can seem pretty f*cking sad considering my list is bigger and whatnot.

But I'm glad it happened, it just fuels my fire, and makes me want to work harder.

Will update later this week of how it went.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phillipbro

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 10, 2013
Ontario
The money is in the list... build your lists folks.

You really need to do more list building via Facebook. With a lead magnet you will kill it brother.

Btw do you have any tips on building information products, how to create successful info products and etc? any good courses on this you would recommend?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
The money is in the list... build your lists folks.

You really need to do more list building via Facebook. With a lead magnet you will kill it brother.

Btw do you have any tips on building information products, how to create successful info products and etc? any good courses on this you would recommend?

I didn't take a single course.

I looked all the other fitness courses on the market and 99% are crap.

Stock images, poorly formatted PDFs, sleazy marketing, ridiculous upsell/cross sell funnels, lack of respect for the customer (pitching 10 different aff. products in the week after I bought), etc...

I just did the complete opposite.

DoughDave87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
So, it's been a couple days from the date you said you were doing the other launch. How is it going so far?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
So, it's been a couple days from the date you said you were doing the other launch. How is it going so far?

Not great haha....overlooked some major stuff screwed me.

Will update sunday.

But it's cool, I'll come back.

DoughDave87

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Good attitude. Will be waiting for the better update on Sunday.

CosMoen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 19, 2011
Do you have a blog or youtube channel to build and maintain your brand? What value are you providing your customers for free through these other venues? Or more specifically, how you you keep your audience and future customers engaged before you sell them your product?

Last edited:

CosMoen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 19, 2011
Update #3

Alright here's what I accomplished since the last update:

- Built a brand new sales letters for my product (VSL)
- Completed my low priced (tripewire) offer
- Completed my lead magnet

Right now I need to setup 3rd party tracking which is a bit of a pain. And I'm testing heavily on native ad platforms like taboola and adblade.

My big mistake

When I first launched my product, I sold it via clickbank. But I was so pissed because clickbank took like 8-10% per sale so I switched to a platform called Zaxaa which handles payments via stripe which only takes 2.9% + 30 cents per sale, so i ended up making $3 per more sale which is A LOT in the long run. I stayed on zaxaa for like 2 months.

But after consulting with multiple people I decided to switch back to clickbank which is a pain in the a$$ since I have multiple existing customers on zaxaa and clickbank (from the original launch week), so handling the logistics of that is a bit stressful.

The main reason I want to move back and focus on clickbank - affiliates.

I know I'm losing about $3 per sale on my core product if I sell through clickbank but I'm aiming high and looking at the bi picture. If I can blow this affiliates then the extra $3 per sale is nothing.

Am I on track to hit my $30k/month by June? Maybe...I know for damn sure I'm going to crack $10k by June and my overall goal of cracking $50k/month by end of this year.

How much volume are you selling on clickbank now and what % of the overall sales figure are you getting from clickbank? Do you think it is worth it to launch your product on clickbank in terms of time and monetary investment?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Do you have a blog or youtube channel to build and maintain your brand? What value are you providing your customers for free through these other venues? Or more specifically, how you you keep your audience and future customers engaged before you sell them your product?

Yes I have a blog.

I write articles and email plays a big role in my biz.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
How much volume are you selling on clickbank now and what % of the overall sales figure are you getting from clickbank? Do you think it is worth it to launch your product on clickbank in terms of time and monetary investment?

Not using CB. CB not worth it at all unless you have affiliates.

They take like 8% (or close to that) per sale.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Launch #2 results

bCWGeWn.png

So yeah...

As you can tell from the screenshot above, I did not hit my $20k goal for this product launch.

In fact, this product launch actually did less than my first product launch ($7k in revenue).

And it's pretty embarrassing considering my list was 2x the size.

So what the f*ck happened?

Here's my recap and thoughts:

Why it "failed"

- My first product launch back in jan was my first product ever so a lot of people who followed me since the beginning bought. This time, I didn't get that since this is an upgrade to the first product and existing product owners upgrade for free
- I heavily changed the angle of the 2nd product. The first product's angle was more of a "how to get in shape without training 5x per week" type of thing. Super simple, nothing flashy, but it worked. For my 2nd product, I decided to get a bit too fancy for my own good...assuming my prospects are a lot more sophisticated than they actually were.
- Adding onto the last point, my headline probably sounded confusing to a lot of guys who didn't have at least a decent knowledge of how the fitness industry works. So if you're writing a sales page, remember the headline is #1. Write you sales page to match your audience's sophistication level.
- My prelaunch emails could have been done better. They were similar in nature and tone to my first launch so some may have found it repetitive.
- I couldn't get my retargeting ads on FB to work. People just weren't clicking through to my ads. I'm guessing it was a problem with my image but I don't think I got a single conversion on FB.

Successes

- My product is legitimately 10000x better than my first product. I've gotten nothing but praise for how it turned out from the people who did buy.
- I'm more motivated than ever now. Yeah my launch didn't go anywhere close to my goals and yeah I spent a day mulling over why it got F*cked and felt sorry for myself, but now I'm more determined than ever to crush it.

Random thoughts on now and the future

- The information side of fitness is a dirty game and while I will stick with it until at least I hit $1M/year in rev...I do want to eventually get out of it and transition into the fitness apparel game. Yeah I know, another clothing company...but I know what I'm getting myself into and have plenty of ideas for where I want to take it.
- Next year I plan on releasing 2-3 more infoproducts (woman's program, cookbook, advanced muscle building) with a set goal of $1M revenue.
- If you want to get into the fitness infoproduct game, please please don't turn "evil." Don't start using headlines like "1 weird trick" and "breakthrough research shows..." when you fully know it's total BS. Keep your integrity.
- Sorry but information is a commodity. We don't care about "10 ways to get a six pack"...We don't care about "10 ways to get a six pack (#7 will shock you)"...We just do not care.
- Establish your brand and personality. Don't be boring. Are you a guy who likes to use different pictures of talking dicks to illustrate the main point of his blog post? SWEET! You'll CRUSH the other guy who has a PHD and writes the most comprehensive article in the world on abs training. I'm totally serious BTW.

AMA if you have questions :)

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Not using CB. CB not worth it at all unless you have affiliates.

They take like 8% (or close to that) per sale.

Thanks for sharing your progress, and congrats on your repeated success.

Questions I'd have:

1. What platform do you use for selling?

2. How do you get affiliates (if you do)?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Thanks for sharing your progress, and congrats on your repeated success.

Questions I'd have:

1. What platform do you use for selling?

2. How do you get affiliates (if you do)?

1. samcart
2. it's all about relationships. Connect with other influencers in your space. Or some guys go the sleazy route on CB and actually spend thousands to pay off a bunch of guys to become affiliates for their product to boost their "gravity" score which is the score that shows how well a product sells for affiliates. And other affliates will naturally see the high score and try to promote.

CosMoen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 19, 2011
Excellent update! My main issue with a lot of fitness info products is that they don't seem to be providing a lot of value.

The successful ones I've seen in the fitness industry focus more on the motivational and humor side of fitness, rather than straight up dispensing information because at the end of the day it's pretty simple actually what you need to do to get fit and there's only so many different ways to rehash the same information

1. Do you agree? My question to you is, what kind do value are you providing with your infoproduct? Is it motivational? Inspiration? Do you give them specific workout programs? Do you talk about the science behind different workout routines? I'm asking out of curiosity because these were the questions I had years ago when I was questioning whether I wanted to enter the online fitness business. If a potential investor asked you summarize what values your customers get from you, what would you tell him?

2. Are you working to establish credibility in the fitness world? I'm assuming you already have some kind of online presence and credibility since you were able to make sales. Having credibility is extremely important in the industry. Have you thought about collaborating with youtube fitness celebrities?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Excellent update! My main issue with a lot of fitness info products is that they don't seem to be providing a lot of value.

The successful ones I've seen in the fitness industry focus more on the motivational and humor side of fitness, rather than straight up dispensing information because at the end of the day it's pretty simple actually what you need to do to get fit and there's only so many different ways to rehash the same information

1. Do you agree? My question to you is, what kind do value are you providing with your infoproduct? Is it motivational? Inspiration? Do you give them specific workout programs? Do you talk about the science behind different workout routines? I'm asking out of curiosity because these were the questions I had years ago when I was questioning whether I wanted to enter the online fitness business. If a potential investor asked you summarize what values your customers get from you, what would you tell him?

2. Are you working to establish credibility in the fitness world? I'm assuming you already have some kind of online presence and credibility since you were able to make sales. Having credibility is extremely important in the industry. Have you thought about collaborating with youtube fitness celebrities?

1. There are a lot of guys successful in the fitness niche that don't focus on the motivational/humor side but straight up dark IM tactics . I'm guessing you're referring more to the Instagram/youtube guys, right? If so, realize that there's a MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE world in fitness beyond those 2 channels. I barely used these 2 channels to grow my biz so far.

Yes I give specific workout and diet programs. I briefly get into the science but not too much b/c ppl just don't give a shit. There's a small subset who do but I'm not catering to those ppl. Hah, as for investors, first, that would never happen especially in the infoproduct side and if i did, they would care more about revenue and how I would scale more than anything else.

2. Of course I have some credibility right now. No not thinking of YT collabs yet, maybe down the line, but not right now.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Very good sir, I'm really enjoying reading about your progress, whether you are on a peak or in a valley it is still progress. Your positive mindset after supposed shortcomings is inspiring. Keep up the good work

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
Why it "failed"

- My first product launch back in jan was my first product ever so a lot of people who followed me since the beginning bought. This time, I didn't get that since this is an upgrade to the first product and existing product owners upgrade for free
-

Definitely not a failure.

You provided extra value to previous customers at no cost, which they will not forget. You just built up reciprocity. Make something new for these people.

You also said the first customers had been following you from the beginning, so it makes sense that a higher % of early adopters converted.

You can have whatever goals you want for motivation, but the market decides results, and honestly it sounds like it was too high of a goal for a free upgrade / re-release. You would've needed much higher conversion rate.

Keep swinging the hammer.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Definitely not a failure.

You provided extra value to previous customers at no cost, which they will not forget. You just built up reciprocity. Make something new for these people.

You also said the first customers had been following you from the beginning, so it makes sense that a higher % of early adopters converted.

You can have whatever goals you want for motivation, but the market decides results, and honestly it sounds like it was too high of a goal for a free upgrade / re-release. You would've needed much higher conversion rate.

Keep swinging the hammer.

Yeah i know, that's why i put failure in quotes :)

It wasn't a rerelease, it's pretty much a brand new product (i scrapped 90% of the old product and rebuilt it all).

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
I briefly get into the science but not too much b/c ppl just don't give a shit. There's a small subset who do but I'm not catering to those ppl.

Love it LOL.

I always give a little bit of the science for those who really want to know, but people really don't care how you're going to make them fit! Best of luck with your product!

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro

150 visitors per day is actually not bad at all for a website in the Netherlands.

You could start selling an information product today as long as you don't expect revenues in the 1000s per month immediately.

You'll have to build it up anyway.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014

STOP DOING SEO.

I did it when it was easier to rank and when i was too ignorant to try other channels of traffic.

If SEO is your main strategy, you will lose, guaranteed.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
STOP DOING SEO.

I did it when it was easier to rank and when i was too ignorant to try other channels of traffic.

If SEO is your main strategy, you will lose, guaranteed.

Thanks for the advice! I recently got my first 2 sales ever. Sold 2 copies of my infoproduct. Couldn't be happier when that happened after years of grinding! I'm really pumped up now, but there's still a long road to cover.

I now know that my product is filling a need. Since I don't have the patience or time to wait for SEO results to kick in, I've decided to start focussing on paid advertising. I'll put my main focus on creating an effective funnel, also adding more products along the line. In the future I will also try to leverage social media, similar to this thread (may benefit you too): https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ram-marketing-100k-profit-4m-followers.62519/

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.