The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launched my fitness infoproduct, first week sales = $7150

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Just thinking that maybe the timing of your launch might have gone against you too.

Depends on your markets geographic location of course (northern or southern hemisphere) but generally January people are motivated to get fit. April/May there are thoughts that they still have time to shred 10-15 lb's before summer kicks in. Come October though and and summer is over with winter on its way which equates to less of an attraction to starting a fitness course ("I'll leave it till the new year"). Just human nature.

Ryan Grepper of Coolist Cooler (the highest funded Kickstarter to date) stated that one of the reasons the Coolist failed on it's first Kickstarter campaign was that fact that he launched it at the wrong time of year. The first attempt just scraped the 100k barrier (he needed 125k for funding). On his second try he lowered his expectations down to 50k but came away with a staggering $13,285,226.

Maybe food for thought.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Thanks for the advice! I recently got my first 2 sales ever. Sold 2 copies of my infoproduct. Couldn't be happier when that happened after years of grinding! I'm really pumped up now, but there's still a long road to cover.

I now know that my product is filling a need. Since I don't have the patience or time to wait for SEO results to kick in, I've decided to start focussing on paid advertising. I'll put my main focus on creating an effective funnel, also adding more products along the line. In the future I will also try to leverage social media, similar to this thread (may benefit you too): https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ram-marketing-100k-profit-4m-followers.62519/

Great news! Please PM me your website address.
Want to have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Just thinking that maybe the timing of your launch might have gone against you too.

Depends on your markets geographic location of course (northern or southern hemisphere) but generally January people are motivated to get fit. April/May there are thoughts that they still have time to shred 10-15 lb's before summer kicks in. Come October though and and summer is over with winter on its way which equates to less of an attraction to starting a fitness course ("I'll leave it till the new year"). Just human nature.

Ryan Grepper of Coolist Cooler (the highest funded Kickstarter to date) stated that one of the reasons the Coolist failed on it's first Kickstarter campaign was that fact that he launched it at the wrong time of year. The first attempt just scraped the 100k barrier (he needed 125k for funding). On his second try he lowered his expectations down to 50k but came away with a staggering $13,285,226.

Maybe food for thought.

Yup that could have def contributed to the lowered sales.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Put a gun to your head for instant guaranteed results

Ok not a real gun.

Lately I've been struggling with productivity issues and focusing on the right things to scale my biz.

Earlier this year I told myself I would be making $30-50k/month by the end of this year.

That did not happen.

And it's all b/c I'm simply not taking the right actions to move my biz forward.

I'll spare the details now but let's just say instead of doing important shit like investing in FB ads or improving my sales copy, I would do "busy" work like answer blog comments or tell my graphic designer to redo my logo.

So last week I finally decided to change that.

I'm using a site called stickk.com where you basically put real money on the line and if you don't hit your goals, the money gets donated to a charity (or anti charity you don't support).

My goal by Feb 1, 2016 is to hit $10k in monthly revenue.

I put $9,999 on the line and got someone from the FLF INSIDERS forum to verify via live screen cast if I did my work. I'm also paying the guy who's helping me verify an extra $1k whether I hit my goal or not.

So in total I'm at risk of losing $11k if I don't hit my goals.

Losing $11k would hurt me. I do not want to lose that.

And let me tell you - my productivity has never been higher.

I've been getting more real work done in the past week than I have in the past month.

And if you guys put money on the line as motivation, put something big.

$20-100 is nothing really.

Put an amount that will really really make you hurt (obviously not to the point that it will financially ruin you) but make it hurt.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Put a gun to your head for instant guaranteed results

Ok not a real gun.

Lately I've been struggling with productivity issues and focusing on the right things to scale my biz.

Earlier this year I told myself I would be making $30-50k/month by the end of this year.

That did not happen.

And it's all b/c I'm simply not taking the right actions to move my biz forward.

I'll spare the details now but let's just say instead of doing important shit like investing in FB ads or improving my sales copy, I would do "busy" work like answer blog comments or tell my graphic designer to redo my logo.

So last week I finally decided to change that.

I'm using a site called stickk.com where you basically put real money on the line and if you don't hit your goals, the money gets donated to a charity (or anti charity you don't support).

My goal by Feb 1, 2016 is to hit $10k in monthly revenue.

I put $9,999 on the line and got someone from the FLF INSIDERS forum to verify via live screen cast if I did my work. I'm also paying the guy who's helping me verify an extra $1k whether I hit my goal or not.

So in total I'm at risk of losing $11k if I don't hit my goals.

Losing $11k would hurt me. I do not want to lose that.

And let me tell you - my productivity has never been higher.

I've been getting more real work done in the past week than I have in the past month.

And if you guys put money on the line as motivation, put something big.

$20-100 is nothing really.

Put an amount that will really really make you hurt (obviously not to the point that it will financially ruin you) but make it hurt.

Hey @piesandak47 , just wondering how stickk worked out for you? Did you hit your goal?

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Hey @piesandak47 , just wondering how stickk worked out for you? Did you hit your goal?

Nope will 100% admit I pussied out. Hit $8k/month. Not much else to say. Although I did pay the guy watching me $1k.

Stickk is cool but it's so easily manipulated. No real sense of danger.

It's really an issue of focus for me and focusing on one thing...the big leverage points in my biz that will increase revenue. I'll update again when I have made some real strides, which by the looks of it, will be soon.

Until then, I'm out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.