The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Landing pages to drive traffic to Amazon product

Marketing, social media, advertising

kismet818

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 19, 2018
Los Angeles
I have about a dozen different domains registered which have keywords that are directly related to a product I am in the process of having for sale on Amazon. Im considering using these domains as landing pages / blogs in order to direct traffic to my product.

For example lets say my product is a cream with health benefits, i create a blog type page which goes into the health benefits in detail and has links that forward the visitor to the amazon page to buy the product.

In a way i would be acting as my own affiliate

Can someone tell me if this is a good idea? looking for advice on viability or execution

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
I have about a dozen different domains registered which have keywords that are directly related to a product I am in the process of having for sale on Amazon. Im considering using these domains as landing pages / blogs in order to direct traffic to my product.

For example lets say my product is a cream with health benefits, i create a blog type page which goes into the health benefits in detail and has links that forward the visitor to the amazon page to buy the product.

In a way i would be acting as my own affiliate

Can someone tell me if this is a good idea? looking for advice on viability or execution

I can't necessarily tell you from experience but it seems like a legit idea to me. I see similar things on FB & Instagram where ads and/or links within blogs & articles (i.e. The Ten Most Unique Products Selling on Amazon) that take you to the Amazon sell page. These are obviously affiliate marketers or people pushing their own products.

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Hi @kismet818

doing this or something similar is a good idea since external traffic gets more and more important on Amazon since everyone is optimizing their listing (atleast in the competitive spaces) to the maximum right now.
When everyone maxed out their listing, assuming the product and rating is equal, he wins who is able to sent outside traffic to Amazon.
BUT: I guess the competitive spaces on Amazon are also competitive when doing SEO or Paid Traffic on Google or Ads on Facebook.
It will be quite hard - if not impossible to make a profitable sale on a ~20ish dollar item if you pay for Ads + all the Amazon Fee's.
Someone who is doing very good with a similar strategy is Ezra Firestone but I believe he sents people to his own shop or does not care about the initial customer aquisition cost since he has deep pockets and cares about the Lifetime Value of the Customer he aquired with Ads.

Simplified the strategy is: 1. Blog Post e.g.: "10 things woman over 50 can do to appeal younger and healthier" 2. Ad-Linking to the Article on Facebook. 3. Follow up retargeting pitch of his cream as a solution for the problems adressed in the article.

You could look at his companies:
Boom! by Cindy Joseph and BeefriendlySkincare and/or smartmarketer.com

Hope that this helps!
Good luck.

Hvazquez07

Sales Funnel Strategist Expert
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Capture traffic first... THEN send to Amazon.

For example, you can create amazing blog posts on those websites that you send Facebook traffic to. You can add Banners, etc., for a quick PDF/guide/coupon... or retarget people that visit your blog with this type of free stuff.

Do that BEFORE sending them to Amazon on the Thank You page or via emails. For several reasons:
  • Amazon will not share with you your buyers' data.
  • Your list is yours to promote whatever you want.
  • If you come across additional products outside of Amazon you can send them emails about them.
  • You're paying for the traffic anyways.
The main point is to create an AUDIENCE. The Amazon product can be your excuse to promote to a certain demographics but ALWAYS capture the traffic first, before sending to whatever kind of third-party seller you can find.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.