The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Labor Day Weekend, Whatchya Doing?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Actually, today I collected a bunch of rents during my office hours -- since it's Sept 1st. I love that passive income. I moved some new tenants into a unit that has been vacant since Tuesday. I lost 0 days of rent on the transition and the new rent is $100 more per month. The new tenants arrived this afternoon from the Lower 48, so they'd sent their Sept. rent to me a couple of weeks ago. (Their furniture is on its way, and they were very happy with having a home ready for them.) We split about a cord of firewood when we got home that my husband had already bucked-up. Then we worked at stacking it. Our woodshed is getting full just in time for the coming winter. And then we went out to dinner while we're waiting to close our Laundromat at 10 PM. Like I said, we're having a normal quiet Friday.
Your Alaskan Wilderness Eskimo lifstyle sounds so cool. Why not have a 24/7 laundromat? Not enough people uses the laundromat at 3:00am?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
IMG_6868.jpg

Favorite thing this morning... the birds hoping for handouts while this guy casts a net. I feel like this is a metaphor for something...

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Dang WJK, you did more in 1 day than I do in a week! lol Just reading all that made me need a nap :)
And I'll be 65 years old this winter... Think about the value in my world that I've created over my lifetime. I started working 6 days a week when I was 12. I haven't needed to work for many years -- but, what would I do all day? Officially I retired from my career 15 years ago. I wasn't good at being lazy. For me, working is an honor. It gives me a reason to get up in the morning. The difference now is that I get to choose what work I do.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Your Alaskan Wilderness Eskimo lifstyle sounds so cool. Why not have a 24/7 laundromat? Not enough people uses the laundromat at 3:00am?
Actually, I don't want the little drug people to sleep on my Laundromat floor. I live in a small community and it's the only Laundromat in our town. Heated space is hard to find here in Alaska. It's almost impossible to be homeless during our winters. Not having housing is a death sentence.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Heading to the beach tomorrow with my daughter and grand-daughter. Three days at Carlsbad after the party crowd leaves. :)

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Same thing I do every day, Pinky.

Try to take over the world.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Using this weekend to reflect on the success we've in the past few months and project how to get to $20k/m by May 2019.

Same. This month has a special meaning to me.
September = Sights set on new objectives.

It's effectively the end of summer,
customers are off vacation, b2b biz picks up a lot...

It's also 4 months (1/3 of the year) until the end of the year.
So, excited for the EOY push.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Had a Zodiac booked to go out on the Gulf of Mexico and try to run faster than the sharks can swim... but there's a small craft advisory in the Gulf today due to a tropical storm that rolled in overnight. Ended up with a pretty mellow day... chatting with a new Asian supplier for my next launch and spending some downtime thinking through all the pieces of the business puzzle in front of me.

I am back in the throws of the 24-7 can't turn it off brain focus. Entrepreneurship is a blessing and a curse. The nice part is it is so fluid and integrates with my whole life and family that it fits inbetween the Titos/Club Sodas.

My day was more like @AllenCrawley's than @MJ DeMarco but then again I play more than I work. I am about to back into the immersed life for the next year or so. I feel it coming on like a train I can't stop :)

(Tropical Storm Gordon Moving Into Gulf of Mexico as it Soaks South Florida; Hurricane Watch and Tropical Storm Warnings Posted | The Weather Channel)

Last edited:

EatMan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Aug 28, 2018
Been at Denny's since 7am learning about Bootstrap and APIs (learning to make my product)... My brain is dead and screaming "pls I can't learn anymore", but my heart is warm because I know that I'm living the Fastlane. :)

Or maybe it's just heartburn from the Denny's food.

G

Guest3722A

4F110C4B-6B88-4C8F-A98D-E9B129D53002.jpeg C124F067-1366-446A-94F2-8DE03738537E.jpeg 889C2113-4E17-44E9-97E5-84555E2663F8.jpeg E1AE9EC9-57D9-4F57-8EE9-7C64F843D0A9.jpeg 9E609FE4-31B7-4915-A10D-A5728A51F59E.jpeg B9109BBE-FBAF-4033-A4B5-D08E2EA91E00.jpeg C535DFF6-75CE-42FD-8E57-816600047598.jpeg 18CC7E39-487E-4406-928A-361B530FCB18.jpeg EA1DD801-264B-4984-9844-BF7C0605ADE9.jpeg Still going. Day 2 we tipped the canoe and it happened to be at the time I had my phone out of the ziplock. Thinking it’s wasted but it did let me get some of the pics out. Right now we’re in the U.P. on Whitefish bay just off Lk Superior. We’re pretty much making this up as we go. This will be the 2nd night in this cabin. Leaving tomorrow for another unknown destination. Pics below show us from canoeing to crossing the Macinac bridge with Lk Huron on the right and Lk Michigan on the left. Anyway, when I get back I’ve got some videos to upload when I get a better signal.

G

Guest3722A

Last thing I'm gonna post with this, as I'm stepping into overkill right about at this point, is a video of Whitefish Bay off of Lake Superior. I'm posting this in hopes of sharing the experience around the world here at the forum. It was very relaxing and a great place to think and enjoy the blessings these last few years have brought. The area itself has few locals and most of the holiday crowd was already gone. Nobody was on the road.
On a side note, the owners were great people too so we decided to donate a bird house we placed outside of the cabin window. :)

Edit: No time right now as I gotta get going but I'll get the video figured out when I get a second

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.