The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kind of makes one think...

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
So I just noticed that I have the 7th highest number of rep points on this forum...

For a moment, I was excited. Granted, this might just mean I post a lot on this forum, but I suppose I must post some useful information from time to time to gather that many rep points.

After a minute my initial excitement wore off. I looked at the other people on the top line of rep points...

MJ - multi-millionaire

Diane Kennedy - multi-millionaire

SteveO - multi-millionaire

RussH - multi-millionaire

Around the World - multi-millionaire

I realized JScott is the only person ahead of me who does not admit to being a multi-millionaire. (And from everything I've read by JScott and about JScott, I suspect he is at least a millionaire...)

SeanS - 29 years old and a net worth of (-$56,000). Yes folks, negative.

I read RDPD in 2003 and immediately began to understand the principles and ideas that were presented. From 2003 - July 2007, I thought of business ideas, went to a couple of REI meetings, etc but never TOOK ANY ACTION AT ALL.

Due to this 4 year initial hesitation, it will be a few years before my current plan pays off.

I HOPE ANYONE WHO IS "WAITING" TO GET STARTED READS THIS AND IT MAKES THEM WANT TO TAKE ACTION!

I AM A PEFECT EXAMPLE OF "ANALYSIS PARALYSIS."

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH YOU KNOW, IT MATTERS WHAT YOU DO WITH IT.

READY, FIRE, AIM.

(NOT READY, AIM, FIRE)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just to let you know, just because some folks don't have an "icon" doesn't mean they aren't millionaires or multi-millionaires. Some people are more private than others. Peter2 wanted an icon and I told him, sorry we don't have a $50,000,000 plus icon.

"Ready Aim Fire" sounds like my type of approach. I like taking action and figuring it out later, which always isn't best and can cause problems down the road. I figure I'd rather have a business with growing pains than no business at all.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I have given you rep + a few times. You have posted some good articles and information. You have also had posts that get people to think... :banana:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Well, the points reflect how much you have brought to the table, not necessarily in terms of how much you have accomplished but also in helping others to improve. And now that you mention it, I haven't got any rep points lately, so I can take it as I have not provided things that others consider valuable... hmmm ... maybe I have to stop posting jokes and spend more time posting valuable information :)

About the 'taking action' part, I found this article. The idea is:

When you are mentally stuck and don’t know what to do, take action. If you are bored or frustrated in your personal life, take action. If things are not going your way, take action. If your business is not off the ground, take action (marketing action).

Think about it, nothing happens if you just sit around. Thinking is great, but it amounts to nothing if you do not put your ideas into action.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
And now that you mention it, I haven't got any rep points lately

Yep, it has been a tough crowd... It certainly seems that more rep points come from posting information than from answering questions for people.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
Sean,
This might be your best post yet. This is a new beginning for you. You realize that you have acquired useful knowledge, skills,and thought processes. But, you have not put them to productive use. I know it sounds stupid but it is HUGE that you realiize that. Many people never do. Now, go out and do something productive!!:fastlane:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I dunno, the forum is all about community, and contribution to that community. Everyone contributes in their own way. Take a look at Yankee, he's 16 and is a positive member of the community. Who cares if you've made your success yet or not, as long as your contributing to the overall atmosphere here, you deserve rep points. To me they claim, listen to what this person has to ask or say, they will not waste your time.

Contributing to the positive overall atmosphere includes:
-thought out useful responses.
-asking questions to increase dialog and knowledge. Not knowing is not a bad thing, acting like you know and not seeking that knowledge is dangerous for everyone.
-a personal drive to succeed. Taking action, and not like 99% of the people out there who claim they want to be successful, but never do a damn thing about it.
-positive attitude. No one likes a negative Nancy. Negative folks seem to drag others down with them. It really hurts an online community.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Andviv,

Great response and great article. Rep speed ++

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
I've been guilty of thinking someone had a good post and not adding to their rep. Often it's because by the time I read it, it appears that 2-3 may have already given rep speed. And other times it just gets overlooked because it's different, meaning in other forums you comment back if you like something someone said and there is no speed rep. Then come here and you don't necessarily think about giving it.

I will attempt to be more aware of giving it. We can all learn something from each other, even if it's what not to do! :blush:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Kimber said:
Are we talking rep speed here?

If so, I'm going way too fast.

Well, we don't want you to get all uncomfortable at those high speeds, Kimber.

As a mod, I can slow you down, if you'd like.

What feels better to you? 20 mph? 5 mph?

Let me know. ;)

-Russ H.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Oh, boy, I'd get to choose, Russ?
I wish MJ had a yield sign 'cause that's what I'm all about.
Definitely not fastlane.

But if that's not available,
I wouldn't mind being slowed down to 10 mph.
That's my target on a lot of things
(10% + growth in earnings, etc)

That's slow enough so I can do my usual
out the passenger window photography.
LOL

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
There will be no slowing in Kimberland...

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Just for you, Kimber . . . :tiphat:

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
Time, time to read, time to think, time to post. You get more rep if you have more time. If you take the time to share your point of view; even if it is not "the answer" at least it helps raise "the question". Once you raise "the question" we all benefit from all the different answers. Hang in there and keep asking questions.
Janet

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.