The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keep your PRIVATE MESSAGES... Private!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks,

When you get emailed a forum notification of a PRIVATE MESSAGE in your forum inbox, you must respond via the forum. DO NOT HIT REPLY from your email service.

If you hit REPLY from your email system in response to your private message email, you send back your reply to a forum administration account (support -AT- Fastlane) where the conversation can be seen by anyone here, including myself.

And worse, your recipient NEVER sees your response! So they think you're blowing them off!

DO NOT REPLY BY EMAIL
to your email notifications of private messages. (It should be clear because hitting "reply" sends the response to support - AT Fastlane, but I guess it isn't.)

Go to the forum and reply. Keep your private convos private!

Thanks!
MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Also of note...

If your email address is BAD / BROKEN / UNDELIVERABLE and you are using the PM system, the bounced-back email will come to the forum admin account, and hence, expose your last conversation.

Keep your email address current!

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Because the forum's software is not set-up that way. If I change the email to "do not reply" (a non-existent email) then all forum email would go there as well, including any email sent via the "Contact Us" link. They've tied in the forum's main administration email into the email system. Just one of the many reasons why I've started looking elsewhere beyond Xenforo.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Because the forum's software is not set-up that way. If I change the email to "do not reply" (a non-existent email) then all forum email would go there as well, including any email sent via the "Contact Us" link. They've tied in the forum's main administration email into the email system. Just one of the many reasons why I've started looking elsewhere beyond Xenforo.

That's gotta be extremely frustrating...
And there isn't any sort of extensions to Xenforo to change this?

*If there was an emoji for banging your head against the wall, it'd go right here.*

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Folks,

When you get emailed a forum notification of a PRIVATE MESSAGE in your forum inbox, you must respond via the forum. DO NOT HIT REPLY from your email service.

If you hit REPLY from your email system in response to your private message email, you send back your reply to a forum administration account (support -AT- Fastlane) where the conversation can be seen by anyone here, including myself.

And worse, your recipient NEVER sees your response! So they think you're blowing them off!

DO NOT REPLY BY EMAIL
to your email notifications of private messages. (It should be clear because hitting "reply" sends the response to support - AT Fastlane, but I guess it isn't.)

Go to the forum and reply. Keep your private convos private!

Thanks!
MJ
Thanks for the notification. Noted.

I'm pretty surprised that Fastlaners fall for this slight error. I mean, what's the Start a Conversation button there for then?o_O

Oh no..... that means you read all of my xxx messages???? :eek::innocent: :halo:
To be frank, MJ can read all my messages as he like. I ain't got anything to hide. :innocent: :halo:

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007