• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

IMPORTANT! Keep your PRIVATE MESSAGES... Private!

Discussion in 'Forum News, Updates, & FAQs' started by MJ DeMarco, Apr 26, 2018.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,861
    Admin Post
    Folks,

When you get emailed a forum notification of a PRIVATE MESSAGE in your forum inbox, you must respond via the forum. DO NOT HIT REPLY from your email service.

If you hit REPLY from your email system in response to your private message email, you send back your reply to a forum administration account (support -AT- Fastlane) where the conversation can be seen by anyone here, including myself.

And worse, your recipient NEVER sees your response! So they think you're blowing them off!

DO NOT REPLY BY EMAIL
    to your email notifications of private messages. (It should be clear because hitting "reply" sends the response to support - AT Fastlane, but I guess it isn't.)

Go to the forum and reply. Keep your private convos private!

Thanks!
    MJ

Essa, IlyaP, Raoul Duke and 12 others like this.
  2. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $10,673
    And remember kids, there is actually no such thing as a "private" internet message.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,277
    Oh no..... that means you read all of my xxx messages???? :eek::innocent: :halo:

4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,861
    Admin Post
    Also of note...

If your email address is BAD / BROKEN / UNDELIVERABLE and you are using the PM system, the bounced-back email will come to the forum admin account, and hence, expose your last conversation.

Keep your email address current!

BrooklynHustle and The_Saphir like this.
  5. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative asdfghjkl;kvjiad;lkdf Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $7,386
    MJ,

In order to deter people from responding PMs in their email, why not set up a mailbox like "do-not-reply@thefastlaneforum.com" ? Or, at least add "Do Not Reply" in the subject line of email notifications sent to users?

jon.a likes this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $352,861
    Admin Post
    Because the forum's software is not set-up that way. If I change the email to "do not reply" (a non-existent email) then all forum email would go there as well, including any email sent via the "Contact Us" link. They've tied in the forum's main administration email into the email system. Just one of the many reasons why I've started looking elsewhere beyond Xenforo.

7. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative asdfghjkl;kvjiad;lkdf Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $7,386
    That's gotta be extremely frustrating...
    And there isn't any sort of extensions to Xenforo to change this?

*If there was an emoji for banging your head against the wall, it'd go right here.*

8. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,797
    Thanks for the notification. Noted.

I'm pretty surprised that Fastlaners fall for this slight error. I mean, what's the Start a Conversation button there for then?o_O

To be frank, MJ can read all my messages as he like. I ain't got anything to hide. :innocent: :halo:

9. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $352,861
    Admin Post
    Bump.

10. ryanbleau

ryanbleau Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,190
    I willing to wager there are some things that cannot be unseen in that email account