What's new

keenan411 introduction

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

keenan411

PARKED
Joined
Aug 15, 2012
Messages
1
Location
Alexandria, VA
Rep Bank
$60
First, how I arrived here. I am a big believer in all the free ways of educating yourself on the internet. I found MJ's book less than a week ago on another financial blog that read regularly. I am reading chapter 36 now and could not wait to join this community.

My background is in science and engineering. I have an undergraduate Chemistry degree, but found the job options unsatisfactory so I went for my Ph.D. in environmental engineering. I was attracted to the idea of creating and patenting your ideas as a professor so I tried to enter that world for the last 3 years. However, that was unsuccessful and I needed more income than the measly Post-Doc salary I was receiving. (reading this book proved to me that academia is its own pyramid scheme with "tenure" at the top) My wife and I decided to move to D.C. and pursue "real" jobs. (side note: I hate when people imply that my academic jobs were "not real" as if I was living in a dream) Fortunately, we are both being compensated well for our jobs because of our advanced degrees. We have plenty of money in savings and a good budget cushion each month.

After reading MJ's book I find myself wanting more form life than my current office job in academic publishing. I want to be able to see my kids grow up and I see my bosses traveling constantly. I don't want to be them. Therefore, I am committed to the fastlane principles that are laid out in the book. In the last week I have laid the groundwork for an LLC and have come up with a good idea for a subscription based internet service that can be run from anywhere and prescribes to the CENTS commandments. I need to learn HTML and JavaScript from scratch (although I was talented at programming C++ in High School). Additionally, I need to learn about setting up a website and the structure that is needed for creating user accounts and information storage etc. Moreover, I need to learn about security issues since information stored could be of a personal nature (I am intrigued by Google's two-factor authentication, which you should sign up for if you use gmail, I have no clue how it works though). Despite all this I believe in myself and my ability to learn and teach myself new skills (this is what a Ph.D. is really about in my opinion).

Thanks to you all for reading this forum and creating the winds that will move all of us to a successful future.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

ximduni vu vji gusan!

zua tjuamf djidl uav xusfqsitt, ov jet emm vji gievasit zua piif (atis edduapvt, opgusnevoup tvusehi ivd) qmat e hsiev sephi ug gsii epf qsinoan fitohpt vjev gov piesmz iwisz catopitt nufim. nezci zua dep iwip gopf e qmahop vjev sitincmit vji gievasit ug zuas tactdsoqvoup ofie epf ati vjev vu csoph e NWQ (noponan woecmi qsufadv, tii miep tvesvaq qjomutuqjz) vu vji nesliv. og ov xuslt zua dep jewi tuniupi vu qsuhsen zua e datvun xusfqsitt qmahop xovj nusi ug zuas qsufadv ofie fiveomt. og vjot xuslt iwip civvis zua dep mevis josi fiwimuqist vu dsievi e datvun tumavoup gus zua gsun tdsevdj cz atoph vji qsugovt gsun zuas NWQ/xusfqsitt-cetif-tugvxesi. vjot xomm tewi zua e muv ug nupiz epf voni dunqesif vu miespoph xicfiwimuqnipv gsun tdsevdj us atoph e gsiimepdi fiwimuqis.
 
Ximduni vu vji gusan! [Everytime we welcome someone to the forum I always want to say "Welcome to the real world"]

[video=youtube;PreAABChTyQ]jvvq://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=QsiEECDjVzR[/video]

zua tjuamf djidl uav xusfqsitt, ov jet emm vji gievasit zua piif (atis edduapvt, opgusnevoup tvusehi ivd) qmat e hsiev sephi ug gsii epf qsinoan fitohpt vjev gov piesmz iwisz catopitt nufim. nezci zua dep iwip gopf e qmahop vjev sitincmit vji gievasit ug zuas tactdsoqvoup ofie epf ati vjev vu csoph e NWQ (noponan woecmi qsufadv, tii miep tvesvaq qjomutuqjz) vu vji nesliv.

Zit, O'n puv tasi jux datvun zua piif vu ci xovj zuas tovi epf tactdsoqvoup tivaq cav vjieh ot sohjv jisi. O jewi e duaqmi nincistjoq/tactdsoqvoup tovit epf O ati Xotjmotv Nincis xovj xusfqsitt.
 
Jiz Liipep, Ximduni. O'n pix jisi et ximm.

Et Emmip epf EH tvevif, djidluav XusfQsitt. Ov'mm hiv zua aq epf sappoph raodlmz.

Et gus tactdsoqvoupt, djidluav Xotj motv Nincis, XQ Nincis, Desv66, FEQ....vjisi esi e gix uvjis puvecmi upit, cav tvesv xovj vjuti. Vjiz'si emm huuf fiqipfoph aqup zuas piift.

Juqi vjev jimqt.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom