The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just submitted a job on Odesk........

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Lets hope I didn't come across like too much of a dumb@**

Have had the idea for quite a while and finally sort of figuring out how to implement it. It should be interesting to see what happens. I can't wait to get to the promotion phase.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Oh I will. So far, 12 hours and no hits. Hmmm I'll give it a couple days and adjust the parameters some if I don't get any hits.

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Ok so, Odesk lesson #1.............

Make sure you confirm your email correctly lol

A

Anon3587x

You posted a job on Odesk?

Dammit!
I should of sent you an affiliate link ahha

Good luck!

G

Guest3722A

as a humble suggestion, consider posting the job at: elance, guru, vworker, freelancer and bizreef as well. When I posted a job at odesk my personal experience wasn't that positive as far as bids and customer service.

Guru wasn't bad. :)

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
Well, i've had 7 applicants. 2 of which I've filtered out. I'm thus far, not terrbily impressed. I'm checking references on 2 others, but one, while his portfolio looks good (assuming it's real), the feedback isn't so hot.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
I realise this is an older post, but look for programmers locally - target IT students for paid intern-ships and resume experience - you will get a far better candidate and can sometimes stay with you for the duration of their studies if you pay them accordingly.

evanwebb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 31, 2011
Austin, TX
roark
I realise this is an older post, but look for programmers locally - target IT students for paid intern-ships and resume experience - you will get a far better candidate and can sometimes stay with you for the duration of their studies if you pay them accordingly.​

Have you had experience with this? How did it go?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
IT students aren't really going to help you out. They are more learning about how to manage and maintain computers. You are going to want to target more of the Computer Science majors; and even then, they honestly don't learn how to code at all. They know how to read and understand it, but when it comes to building an app; they prob don't have the skills to do it.

Now if you come across a student (ex-coder or use to do it all the time) but decided to change directions and pursue another 'career' major route; good luck. They are really hard to find, but if you find them; they will gladly accept small jobs.

Small because college kids really don't want to work; they want to experience college. So 15 hours a week tops; anything more than that, prob won't get done with any motivation or distraction.

How do I know all this? Because I was that web designer that changed directions and was recruited several times, obviously I'm back now though.

- James F.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.