The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just made my first bit of money via passive income

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
Hello all,

I'm a beginer Game Developer thaat just published his first game and as you could tell in the title, I just made some money off of it...VIA PASSIVE INCOME. I am super excited, now for many years to come(if not for all my life) I will have a percentage of my income coming from a game, and the best part: aside from updates, I can earn money anytime. When Im flying to the Polyenesian Islands? Check. How bout when I'm climbing Mt.Kilimanjaro or Everest? Oh hey, Im earning money there too. Im litterly on the road to buying my freedom in life, super exciting.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations.

Yeah, it's good stuff to earn money on past work. I prefer to think of it as residual income, though it's just a semantic difference. There's nothing really passive about game development :)

Now the real question is: how can you scale this income source?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Polymorphic pay? Congrats.

maplexxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 10, 2021
Hello all,

I'm a beginer Game Developer thaat just published his first game and as you could tell in the title, I just made some money off of it...VIA PASSIVE INCOME. I am super excited, now for many years to come(if not for all my life) I will have a percentage of my income coming from a game, and the best part: aside from updates, I can earn money anytime. When Im flying to the Polyenesian Islands? Check. How bout when I'm climbing Mt.Kilimanjaro or Everest? Oh hey, Im earning money there too. Im litterly on the road to buying my freedom in life, super exciting.
Where you published your game, app store?

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
Congratulations.

Yeah, it's good stuff to earn money on past work. I prefer to think of it as residual income, though it's just a semantic difference. There's nothing really passive about game development :)

Now the real question is: how can you scale this income source?
Indeed. I'm just gonna update it, make it available for windows, mac(and linux if I can, rn it only available for windows) then publish it on steam and make it available for ios and android sometime next year as well as mabye publish it for some other gaming systems. Im also will have to make my own website so I can get The Commadement of Control

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
How are you getting more users?
Right now, Im not because its such a terrible first update. When I fix all the terribleness in the upcoming days, I'll make a video of it on youtube and promote it on reddit and other media sites. I might even pay for a google ad once I have liike 2500-10000 downloads

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I LOVE my passive income streams! I'm working on creating more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.