The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just launched website!!! (Wow, more t-shirts)

jacob poche

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 18, 2019
I just launched my website and was looking to get some feedback from people who have been into websites longer than I have and people who have their own clothing lines!!

[LINK REMOVED by MOD]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Good hustle. There's a couple of typos on your t shirts and on your insta bio. I'd put more colors into the website. The yellow logo on some t shirt colors is very hard to see. You should keep the titles of the products standardized.

Would you be open to some feedback on your products?

Surge5x

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 13, 2019
London
  1. Bad design
  2. Terrible product imagery (yellow font on a stock image isn't worth $20) and it's barely readable!
  3. Overall quality of products and website looks very amateurish
Don't mean to rain on your parade, and I've never run an online clothing store... But I do know what I look for as a consumer, and there's just no way I would buy from your site when there are literally 1000s of better stores I can find, often at better price. For example: Just one site I found with similar products. Take a look at how they display their products, the quality of design, etc: Shop Motivation T-Shirts online | Spreadshirt

Good luck with this, but I'd recommend you DRASTICALLY improve the quality of your imagery, your product selection and overall look of your website before going further.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Kudos on taking action, but overall, this will be fruitless in terms of money, but helpful toward experience.

Namely, why are you in this business?
Because there is a need for these shirts?
Better quality? What is your value skew?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
I don't have clothing line and not planning to open one anytime soon. But. Reach out for shirt designer, tell him/her your idea and let the magic happen. Seriously, the texts on your shirts are barely readable, yellow is one of the worst colors to use. Also if you put text on pictures, make sure the colors contrast.
Cheap option is fiverr.com. There you can find plenty of shirt designers who will make great designs for low prices. On the way there - you might ask someone to help with redesigning your site. That would help you start moving and learning. I won't even get into brand building, marketing etc.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Kudos on taking action, but overall, this will be fruitless in terms of money, but helpful toward experience.

Namely, why are you in this business?
Because there is a need for these shirts?
Better quality? What is your value skew?

Wow, I love the message in that first sentence.

@jacob poche Here's my totally honest opinion (please don't take it too personal)

upload_2019-3-18_15-5-10.png

The font of your headers is the default font. You must change that.
Your designs - The yellow text over color gradients/schemes makes it hard to read (and really low contrast on the one to the right - invisible for colorblind people).

Exclamation marks everywhere ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
That makes it look unprofessionnal, you don't need them.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think we've been backlink spammed.

@jacob poche If you're not going to answer the community's questions, then your thread will be deleted and your account removed for spam/backlinking. That was my first impression of the post, but I thought you were interested in legit feedback.

You prompt disappearance has me thinking that you're not interested in feedback, but a backlink.

Clock is ticking...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

@jacob poche If you're not going to answer the community's questions, then your thread will be deleted and your account removed for spam/backlinking. That was my first impression of the post, but I thought you were interested in legit feedback.

You prompt disappearance has me thinking that you're not interested in feedback, but a backlink.

Clock is ticking...

The one backlink isn't going to help his business. LOL

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA

Clock is ticking...
Think he'll know about backlinks? lol...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Think he'll know about backlinks? lol...

Probably not, more like a masked advertisement. He's probably waiting by his phone with baited-breath waiting for his first order. Then it's on to the Ferrari dealer...

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Lots of memories on here lately. That one site reminded me of 1998 and these shirts remind me of 1982. I think I bought one that looked like this and read: Happiness is looking at Abilene, Texas in my rearview mirror.

D

Deleted50669

Lots of memories on here lately. That one site reminded me of 1998 and these shirts remind me of 1982. I think I bought one that looked like this and read: Happiness is looking at Abilene, Texas in my rearview mirror.

tenor.gif

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Link removed, he's not interested in feedback. We've wasted our time talking to
ourselves. Nonetheless, there's some good feedback here, someone captured a screenshot so you can see there was much improvement to be had.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.