The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jumping between industries & skills, I need help.

Anything related to matters of the mind

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
In the last 2 years, I tried to work on different ventures. I jumped between software,e-commerce,textile brand,digital marketing,data security,game development,etc.

*it feels to me like people who succeed in the certain industry had a strong passion for going all-in on learning a certain technical skill, and I'm struggling to find the one I passionate about.
*all these failed ventures, caused me to fear for "wasting time" going deep into some industry and possibly quit when I actually waste time thinking instead of doing.
*my best ventures were when I was able to convince talented people to join me.

I'm starting to accept the idea that I keep learning broad but not deep technical skills is my weakness and I need to master one technical skill(even though I may quit again), or is it actually my passion that can be leveraged?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tomekmeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 21, 2016
Not everybody has to follow the same path. If you can't find a skill that you can see yourself mastering - it's OK.
Robert Kiyosaki mentioned in RDPD that his Rich Dad always preferred to know a little about everything than a lot about one thing.
Doing what he suggests, maybe you'll eventually find "the one". You will never know until you try :)

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
*it feels to me like people who succeed in the certain industry had a strong passion for going all-in on learning a certain technical skill, and I'm struggling to find the one I passionate about.

If you haven't read the book, then do yourself a favor and do it. One of the key points is to avoid "Do what you love." Don't build a business in the golf industry just because you love to golf. Go all in on a business that will allow you to golf as much as you want once that business is successful.

You need to find your why, not your what. Why do you want to be an entrepreneur? Let your why drive your passion.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
I have read a lot of business books including TMF , but after a few hardships, I tend to forget a lot of things I learned. thanks, man, it was a very good reminder.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
The way I look at it, you don't need to have a particular skill(Programmer, Engineer, etc.) you just need to know the industry very well. I suggest finding one market and sticking with it. If you know your market you can maneuver your way around much easier than if you were to just enter into the market.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
In the last 2 years, I tried to work on different ventures. I jumped between software,e-commerce,textile brand,digital marketing,data security,game development,etc.

Which market was the hungriest?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.