The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Juicing...The Fastlane to Weightloss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
Considering starting an overall dietary thread where everyone (vegans and carnivores alike) are welcome to discuss their positions and why. My introductory thread where I briefly mentioned it didn't go well at all.
Diet has become as inflammatory (pun) as politics these days. Vegans and carnivores are the classic right v left diametrically opposed 'sides'. Not sure how helpful it would be.

I was a raw vegan for 4.5 years and did a whole bunch of juicing. Can quite honestly say it's the most unhealthiest I've ever been in my life.

I think everyone goes on their own journey with diet and we all tend to think our way is the 'right' way when it's actually just a pile of bollocks.

One thing we all need to agree on right now and particularly vegans and carnivores is that decentralising our food supply ought to be our number 1 priority!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
I think everyone goes on their own journey with diet and we all tend to think our way is the 'right' way when it's actually just a pile of bollocks.
I made some people very upset when I mentioned my diet. Shit is so F*cking upsetting the way people pester you about it in attempt to discredit you. “But why do you feel this way? Do you have a SOURCE?”

Personal opinion? F*ck sources. In my mind you can’t survive off plants and seeds in the wild. You will die. That’s all that needs to make sense to me.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
If you are chubby and want to loose weight, I can tell you how to do that.
Its 200USD with a 100% money back garanty, if you really try( with protocol).
For 1200USD I have a short cut pill for you.
If you want it for free, look in the workout area and work for your self. Hint: couching is no part of it!

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
I made some people very upset when I mentioned my diet. Shit is so f*cking upsetting the way people pester you about it in attempt to discredit you. “But why do you feel this way? Do you have a SOURCE?”

Personal opinion? f*ck sources. In my mind you can’t survive off plants and seeds in the wild. You will die. That’s all that needs to make sense to me.
Yes, the minute scarcity sets in, veganism goes clean out the window...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If a juice diet is effective, my guess is not because of what you added, but because of what you subtracted. Instead of eating artery clogging cheese and red meat, you are drinking green juice. . . addition by subtraction. Over time, I wouldn't expect such a diet to be sustainable, but it could give your digestive system some time to reset its microbiome.

150 years if we ate properly.

LOL, which according to you is a steady diet of meat and dairy. While I agree that less food and fasting is definitely helpful, I can't wait to see what you look like at my age, assuming you even make it to my age.

I was a raw vegan for 4.5 years and did a whole bunch of juicing. Can quite honestly say it's the most unhealthiest I've ever been in my life.

I've been vegan 5+ years, never been healthier in my life, I take zero medications, and every ailment I suffered from in my 40s is now gone in my 50s. The only issues I suffer from are from past athletic injuries which tend to be structural over biochemistry or immune related.

So does my experience cancel yours?

Considering starting an overall dietary thread where everyone (vegans and carnivores alike) are welcome to discuss their positions and why. My introductory thread where I briefly mentioned it didn't go well at all.

Please don't.

I'm not interested in propaganda put forth by the beef council, just like you aren't interested in hearing "vegan propaganda", you know, because "god gave us dominion over animals", oh so nice of that omnipotent bearded white man in the heavens gave us power over creatures less intelligent than us. Amazing people still believe that dogmatic nonsense, but then in the same paragraph want to appear to have an intelligent argument. Hard to take someone seriously when by all measures, they're citing Santa Claus as a foundation for their beliefs.

You haven't been here long enough, but religion, politics, and now dietary topics are not for discussion.

The chances that you or I can change anyone's opinion is about the same as me convincing a bible-thumper that his precious book wasn't written by God, or lessor, translated by some divine prophet.

Yes, the minute scarcity sets in, veganism goes clean out the window...

Nice slippery slope argument. We don't have scarcity, we have abundance. In apocalyptic situations, every "X" goes out the window. If you're hungry enough, you'd eat your neighbor if it came to it, so your scarcity argument is bunk.

That said, I have no doubt a plant-based diet didn't work for you as I can't imagine it would work for a fair amount of the population. For every empirical evidence you cite (random YouTubers with a bone to pick) I can cite professional athletes with MILLIONS OF DOLLARS on the line, and their career. Because of plant-based diets, many pro athletes are extending their careers beyond their normal life span ... if they're right about their diet, they earn millions, if they're wrong, they lose millions.

I'll trust their empirical experience (and mine) over some YouTuber with 140 subscribers begging for likes and comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!