The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Joined - Just before 40 - Slowlane? Exit!

Peerke

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2022
Hi all,

Just a few days ago i've completed the millionaire fastlane . The book was for me for 90% a acknowledge that I should have made difficult and risky choices earlier. But as for more people, you have to be ready to make these choices. Your situation at home has to be ready.

I'm a very successful IT expert, mostly specialized in Azure, programming and architecting solutions in all kinda tech languages. Yet, just 5 months ago I have made my last day as an employee and I'm never going back. I worked 11 years for the same company, made a lots of promotions and the board promised me the CTO role after the sitting CTO would retire. Also would I receive shares so I would be a true member of the business. But then there comes the CENTS commandments around the corner. For the sake of simplicity, ignore the fact that I was an employee and could not speak about control. But yet, the business owners decided to sell the company. In just 1 day (the day that they informed me) all promises have gone through the sink. No CTO role, no shares, just more and more new promises so that I would not leave. Well, here I am.

After the announcement it still took me 3 years to make the 'hard' decision to leave. Not because I thought there were still opportunities within the company but because I knew that my departure would mean difficult times for my old colleagues. Also I've got a new baby boy that made me stay for another year. But after that, and more lies, I ran has hard as I could.

I had decided that my next step would be to start my own company. I didn't care that I did not know how to start one, I took every hour in the evening or even in the night to study. Prepare all steps towards the last day at my employee existence. So 28 December 2021 my company was born with a holding entity next to it. Yes, I could have done it without the holding but I have plans. Big plans. Leaving the slowlane!

I'm now working within my own consultancy company and have a assignment until the end of the year. This means an guaranteed income of around EUR 150K this year. True, this is not net income but I use this money to pay myself first where possible! By working in a complete other working environment and connecting with smart people I'm triggering myself again to come with business ideas, learn again so that before the end of the year I'm going to work my a$$ of for my own business with my own exit plan!

Thanks for reading and I hope my story motivates other people to think less and do more :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about your FTE, hope better things are ahead.

Peerke

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2022
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about your FTE, hope better things are ahead.
Thanks @MJ DeMarco . Even though I made the decision to begin on my own before reading your book, it still gave me lots of new insights and made me realize that i'm on the right track. It's good to see that many people are willing to help others to succeed in life without wanting something in return. I'll start today with Unscripted and expect it will open my eyes even more.

Good to be here!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum. Rough FTE, but some times the rougher the FTE the better the long term Fastlane results. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

There's so much great information here it's hard to know where to start. Scan through the GOLD and NOTABLE threads - they've risen to the top of the heap for good reason. Set aside some time read through them but recognize that some have been around for a long time and have many, many posts in them.

Looking forward to sharing your journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.