The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Johnny Dao Introduction

johnnydao

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 30, 2021
Hello all,

I found this forum from the book, "The Millionaire Fastlane ". I'm not quite finish reading the book yet. Still working on it.

Born and raised and currently in Dallas, Texas. Specifically in Nevada, Texas. Like many others, I'm working on reaching my financial freedom in order to quite my 9-5 W2 job. I'm getting close. I've gave my wife her financial freedom and now she's able to take care of our 19 month old son. Now it's time for me to work on getting mine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello all,

I found this forum from the book, "The Millionaire Fastlane ". I'm not quite finish reading the book yet. Still working on it.

Born and raised and currently in Dallas, Texas. Specifically in Nevada, Texas. Like many others, I'm working on reaching my financial freedom in order to quite my 9-5 W2 job. I'm getting close. I've gave my wife her financial freedom and now she's able to take care of our 19 month old son. Now it's time for me to work on getting mine.

Welcome.

I suppose this means you have a well-paying job that allows the wife to be a stay-at-home mom ... that arrangement can be helpful as it gives your wife a potential part-time, stay-at-home job, assuming you can get something going.

johnnydao

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 30, 2021
Welcome.

I suppose this means you have a well-paying job that allows the wife to be a stay-at-home mom ... that arrangement can be helpful as it gives your wife a potential part-time, stay-at-home job, assuming you can get something going.
Absolutely! The wife has found a work from home job that she enjoys. She an online reseller. Specially in women clothing and purses. She has an eye for trending fashion and buys specific brands from the thrift stores and sells them on Poshmark. The job doesn't quite make a killing, but it does pay for the home's electric bill, water bill, internet, etc. with money left over to buy more clothes. Her profit margins are usually between 100%-800%. The best thing of all, she doesn't have to commute to a job, wakes up whenever she wants, and hustle at her sales whenever she wants. And she absolutely enjoys finding treasures at the thrift store to resale.

You are correct. My job does pay well for a Cyber Security Engineer. But the catalyst of my wealth was working overseas as a government contract in the Middle East for 11 years. The tax exclusion for being overseas was a big factor. The other factor is the hard work and discipline to save. The work was long. 60 hours a work week (12 hours a day with 2 days off). Not including the hour to drive to work and hour to drive back. That's a total of 14 hours a day.

After calling it quits from Kuwait, I was able to buy a home, car, and all the furniture in cash with plenty saved up. Now I'm focusing on deploying out the cash into investments for 8%-12% returns. So far I have 2 apartment syndication deal, a deal in an STR, and a deal in a flix/flip. All these are truly passive income and am hoping to get more money out there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...