The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jeff's 2019 accountability thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I decided to make this post as a personal journal to track my progress towards my 2019 goals.

I will:
  • Make $100K (gross) from another source than my job.
  • Hold a discussion about sexual preferrences with my girlfriend every month.
  • Ask different people for their uncensored thoughts about me and who I am, every month.
  • Get out of my comfort zone, life wise. Let's destroy that scripted routine.
  • Become debt free ($15K). How ? By using money from my job. I'm not touching anything that comes from other sources of income, unless it is to reinvest grow or learn.
  • Be done reading Unscripted by the end of January.
  • Work out (bodyweight) 3 times per week for 52 weeks, with my objective of being able to do 100 push-ups per session easily.
  • Have a personal cashflow of $10K (thinking 10X again) by next year, to reduce financial stress.

Challenge my goals please - challenge me.

--------

Now, to start the year strong:

January discussion with girlfriend - Checked !
I held a discussion with my girlfriend. The whole thing was amazing, and we already see changes in our life together. We will keep communicating to make sure there changes are great and will adapt along the way.

Work out 3 times per week - One session completed !
I just completed my first, simple work out (didn't want to start out too hard on myself). Completed 30 push-ups (perfect form, will incorporate variations later on), did leg raises, plank, calf raises. I also plan on adding chin-ups and pull-ups soon (gotta retrieve my pull-up bar from my father when I see him).

Read Unscripted before the end of January
I read the intro already. I'm leaving the computer to go read right now. Will edit this post to note my progress tonight. I put "The 10X Rule" on the side until I'm done reading Unscripted .
Edit: read up to chapter 5 (completed chapter 4).

Have a personal cashflow of $10K by next year, to reduce financial stress
Interestingly enough, I'm deep in the "financial stress" part right now. I fell into the 3 numbers in my bank account for the first time in a while after paying rent. I will need to sit down and think clearly of my plan for January. We still didn't celebrate holidays since a big part of my family was over 1000 miles away. It's happening next week... which usually involves spendings.

As always, I'm all ears. If you guys have any tips, suggestions, challenges, etc. Go ahead !

Edit: @Timmy1990 Added "browse local ads tomorrow morning" to my todo for your challenge.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I challenge you to flip one item in the next 2 days buy it and sell it off at a higher price. Could be $1.00 or $1000.

Go Go Go.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Read up to chapter 8 this morning.

Flippin' Challenge (#1)
I challenge you to flip one item in the next 2 days buy it and sell it off at a higher price. Could be $1.00 or $1000.

Go Go Go.
Asking for a small precision here: can I flip an item from my household too, or is the challenge only applying to items I purchase then resell ?

There's an old man trying to sell a stack of 25 Elvis vinyls for $250. I might try to negociate, but I need to look at what it's worth (if it's even worth anything). Checking their value this morning, then I'll ask how used they are.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Read up to chapter 8 this morning.

Flippin' Challenge (#1)

Asking for a small precision here: can I flip an item from my household too, or is the challenge only applying to items I purchase then resell ?

There's an old man trying to sell a stack of 25 Elvis vinyls for $250. I might try to negociate, but I need to look at what it's worth (if it's even worth anything). Checking their value this morning, then I'll ask how used they are.

Yes do that go for it!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
After a quick reformat on a 1 Terabyte hard drive, a physical cleanup and some pictures, I put a laptop for sale on FB Marketplace (there's no Craigslist here) for CAD$240.

It's an old laptop, but it's clean, it has a Quadro mobile graphics card, a good old Core 2 Duo, it has a DVD Drive (these things are getting rare), an SD card reader, a Firewire port and I include the transport bag and the mouse with it. Let's see how it goes :)

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
@Timmy1990 Sold my laptop for $240 pure profit. Took be roughly an hour total to do so.

I actually sold it to an entrepreneur who's setting up heavy tents for music shows and things alike. Making contacts in the area ;)

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I've been away for at least a week - lots of things happened!

FB Marketplace
-Sold my GoPro for $150
-Bought a Huawei P20 Pro (worth $1100 here - got it for $500 brand new, unopened box)
-Gave my OnePlus 5 to my girlfriend, we'll flip her old phone that's been dropped on the floor.
-Purchased a Nintendo 2DS XL yesterday... for $40. It's in really good condition and hasn't been used in at least 2 years. I plan on selling it $160. Did all the firmware updates on it and Wi-Fi works flawlessly.
-Took pictures of my snowboard (with clip-ons) to put it up for sale. Haven't used it in 5+ years... could easily make $100 (I'll try $150).

Workout
While moving a stuck snowmobile with my brother in law and my father, my foot got stuck under a ski. I lifted it with my left hand but injured my wrist. It's been 2.5 weeks and it still hurts, so I paused push-ups and pull-ups. Still working on lower body though. Started sprinting every lunch time and every afternoon to my car at the other end of the street (~1km sprint in the snow)

Unscripted
Forgot the book while I went away. I can be done reading it before February 1st and I will be done before this date.

My business idea
I started streaming today in a specific niche. I also joined a streaming team for an independant local news channel owned by a friend and successful entrepreneur. My first stream is wednesday. I hope this new visibility will bring many people to my channel. Running the channel is directly related to the business idea and targets the public that I want. My first stream - adequatly named "test stream" got 822 views and 250 interactions on FB Live (testing this platform, and tonight I'm on Twitch). This is ~6 viewers and 2 interactions per minute. I also got a dozen comments and a few new people subscribed to my gaming page, which is excellent for a first stream.

Today (Might be edited tonight to reflect progress)
After work, I will take pictures of the Nintendo 2DS XL and put it for sale.
After that, I will read Unscripted before preparing supper(dinner/whatever).
After that, I will research ways to stream to multiple locations platforms (Twitch, FB Live, YouTube Gaming, Mixer) all at once. I found a solution but people complained about crashes and lag, so it's not valid for my needs.
After that, pre-stream preparation and streaming for ~2 hours.

What I still need to work on (aka - still haven't done shit)
-Everything.
-Code for 15 minutes each day on my business idea. Execution.

Last edited:

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Good luck man! I like how you had a set back (injury) but worked around it by doing lower body. Many people will use that as an excuse to just stop, you found the workaround. Good stuff man!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
On another note, the vibe at work is really, really bad. It's toxic and negative (it has always been this way though).

I've been wasting a lot of time lately. A lot.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
The wrist
I might have to go get it checked at the hospital. It still hurts, everyday.

Unscripted
I won't be able to finish it before February. I realized this week that "speed reading" it wasn't the way to go. There's too much value in this book for me to simply read through it as fast as possible. I read it everyday, mostly a chapter or two.

The idea that finally became something
To make up for the fact that I won't be done reading Unscripted at due date, I began coding my MVP (it's about time, Jeff!). I'm really, really close to a working MVP. You know what ? I wish I started sooner. Things I noted that would block me (technical stuff) really aren't that big of a deal. I even found a small community of developers using the same customs tools that I need for my project and they're really helpful.

Mental note: Take action NOW, don't delay stuff you really want to accomplish deep down in your mind.

FB Marketplace
The 2DS XL still hasn't sold. I'm waiting tomorrow (delay forced by Facebook) to "refresh/repost" the ad at $140.
I saw two Google Wifi for sale at CAD$180 (for the two of them). Made me drool a little bit.
I ordered 3 SSD (computer hard drives) from Amazon for ~$30 each. I'll put them in old laptops and sell them for at least $100-$150 profit each.

I love helping people
I realized over the last few weeks that everytime someone contacted me and asked for tips or help, it would make my day to do my best to help them.

If there's anything I can help you with, hit me up !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.