The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
I finished reading the book in 3 days time.
Actually, prior to reading this book I was suffering from severe depression because I had massive failures in my life.
I am from India so I might mention a few terms that might seem "new" to you.
The education system here is like this:
Kindergarten > Class 1-10 (Board Examinations at Class 10 to graduate) > Class 11-12(Science/Arts/Commerce stream)> Collge(3-4 years) >Higher studies(Optional)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I was in Class 8, I was interested in CryptoCurrency and the route it will take in the future to affect the world economy.
I learned about Bitcoins and tried to look for various ways to earn them. There was this forum called Bitcointalk.org where you would put signatures under your post to advertise specific websites. At the end of each week, they would pay you a certain amount of money for doing so.
Since my parents are living in the past and India was still not Digitalized yet, they refused to give me any money to invest in Bitcoins online. I didn't have a credit card/Bank account to work with either. These things demotivated me from continuing further.
After Class 12, the price of Bitcoin skyrocketed. I was bemused and depressed for not investing in Bitcoin or any Altcoin.
To enroll in an esteemed college, we have to prepare for IITJEE(Entrance Exam for Engineering). I didn't like Chemistry. To get admitted into the best CSE(Computer Science and Engineering) branch of a college, you need to be good at Math, Physics and Chemistry (not Computer, they didn't have Computer Science as a subject in the Exam). I got into one of the top 5 colleges of my state (but couldn't make it to one of the best in the country) and that made my depression worse. The average package offered by my college was 5000-7000$ per annum. I hailed from a middle-class family and it was drilled into my brain that only doctors and engineers make a decent living in the country. I knew I didn't learn anything from college. The teachers came and read everything from a PDF file they provided to us. It was like listening to an audiobook without any explanations. They taught the wrong information about coding at times. I bunked college for months. I knew I had no future ahead. I started learning to code. In 4 months, I learned Java, C++, a little bit of C and Python.
However, because I was absent for months, I got a year back at college. I got rebuked by my parents and teachers. My computer teacher told my parents that students like me don't go anywhere in life. That I was a failure and they should hand me small business instead of letting me continue college. My depression was at its peak. Suicidal thoughts came across my mind. It was then that I started reading about Entrepreneurship and owning your own business. I was simply looking for escapism because I didn't want to accept what my teacher told me.
I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad and it motivated me. I was amazed by his way of looking at money. Then I started watching Dan Lok videos on YouTube. I read the book Money Master the Game. It was an amazing book as well. However, I still lacked the proper mindset to start and I didn't know what exactly to do now.
A few weeks later, my friend recommended me this book and told me to make it my first priority to read it. I did that. On reading up to 50 pages, I was bought. The way MJ explained everything from Slowlane mindset to Sidewalk mindset to the importance of time and how money can bring a revolution to life, really lit a fire in me. Now I know what things to do and how to achieve them. I didn't value the importance of time. I was lazy.
Thanks to the author to make me realize that. You are amazing. I promise that I will put your knowledge to good use.

Supersamosa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
May 28, 2019
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
Read the book!!!! Twice, once in 2017 and once just now (on audible while doing basic maths on excel for my corporate day job : )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

5Dollar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 13, 2019
I'm reading (or rather listening to via Audible) The Millionaire Fastlane a second time. Along with Unscripted , these are by far my two favorite books in my Audible library, and I always get back to them when I find myself getting stuck in the slowlane mindset again. Thank you for your hard work and your eye opening books, they gave me an new perspective on things and I'm going to switch the lanes to a better destination as soon as possible.

Maybe it's also worth mentioning that your Youtube channel and all the short videos are great too, it would be great to see you upload again.

Greetings from Germany!

Tangmo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 29, 2019
Read this book last december and started my fastlane journey. There hasn't been a day that I regret the decisions that I've made after reading this book. Thanks MJ.

Journey018

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 2, 2018
Just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted after a hospital stay, and I gotta say, great books! I felt like MJ wrote these just for me. Long story short, I grew up in a family that seemed to value higher education more than money. My paternal grandfather was a college president and grandmother was a professor. My maternal grandfather was a "worker bee", with my grandmother being the only entrepreneur /biz owner in the family. Grandma was financially successful, but with NO time freedom. These were Black people born before or during the Great Depression, so education was seen as something that "couldn't be taken away". It was also key to their social climbing.

At the age of 5, I had 2 near death experiences and spent several months in the hospital. While I was there, my "roommate" died of leukemia. I learned very early that you never know how long you get. But I was raised by people that BELIEVED in the slowlane...get more degrees, then you will be able to get a JOB that pays you more! Work hard and you can retire in semi-luxury when you're old like us! I couldn't understand why that never sat well with me, but it didn't. Who wants to wait until they are 60? What if I don't even live that long? I refused to buy into it, but if not that path, then which? I didn't want to WORK my life away, so now what? You all know all the advice/books/media out there, saying pretty much the same things designed to keep you following "the Script". Read lots of it, and none is worth mentioning. TMF answered now what, and Unscripted answered how. I'm in love! I'm making my kids, 13 and 15, read these books AND discuss them with me this summer. It's on, baby!

Thanks, MJ! Thanks for being counter-culture and loud about it!

lydialeads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 29, 2019
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks, MJ

I read the book! Breath of fresh air! I want and am determined to be a Fastlaner and Producer! Thinking big is not a sin and you've spoken so many truths that were gnawing at me for years. I'm so sick and tired of being on the slowlane. The system. The slowlane illuminati kills and it doesn't give a damn about you. But I give a damn about myself and I want to live dynamically! Thanks for writing such a great book, MJ! Looking forward to learning more here in this Forum! :smile:

TheTorche

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 30, 2019
Geneva
I am new to the Fastlane Forum and I've read the Millionaire Fastlane a few months ago.

A friend of mine and I started an "ecommerce business" about 5 months ago but we didn't get the results we were hoping for.

The Millionaire Fastlane opened my eyes and showed me why our "ecommerce business" was not working. Weak entry barriers, no real control (facebook ads, shopify) and no real value providing. The reality is we started the business not because we saw an unmet need or a strong opportunity. We started because we wanted to own/start a business and ecommerce was the "easy thing" to earn money that everyone else was doing. Turns out we got it all wrong...

I am now looking for complaints people have, unmet needs and business opportunities qualified by strong entry barriers.

Thank you MJ for this f*****g great book. Easy and fun to read while packed with life-changing information.

William H

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 3, 2018
I read the book! Breath of fresh air! I want and am determined to be a Fastlaner and Producer! Thinking big is not a sin and you've spoken so many truths that were gnawing at me for years. I'm so sick and tired of being on the slowlane. The system. The slowlane illuminati kills and it doesn't give a damn about you. But I give a damn about myself and I want to live dynamically! Thanks for writing such a great book, MJ! Looking forward to learning more here in this Forum! :smile:
Read the book! onto Unscripted

Christ-QC-CA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 30, 2019
Quebec, Canada

Thanks, MJ

I've read the book two week ago (borrowed from my local library) ... Illumination !!! I'll buy it ! Now listening the audio book from audible of Unscripted !

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City

ElenaStar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 28, 2019
Kansas City

Thanks, MJ
I read TMF last week and had my son download it to his phone immediately after. It is absolutely my new favorite in a long list of books. It resonated on so many levels, and validated as well as challenged some beliefs. I loved it. I’ll be posting about my TMF inspired project more later!

Pantheon Brian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
May 28, 2019
Just finished it earlier this afternoon! Wow is all I can say. Great info. on what my next steps need to be, as well as how to avoid mis-steps - things I was thinking of doing, I'll now do differently because of what was in that book - especially the last few chapters.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to write those two great books, MJ!

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
Just finished the book today. Very good. Will be skimming through it again as the weeks pass. Next up is Unscripted .

After reading the book I decided to hire a marketing team and a client relations team.

It makes number sense for my business (and it will run itself) because these partners are white label. Now, I can scale much more rapidly, and systematize the sales process to have 90% passive income.

Cheers and thank you.

D

Deleted67963

I finished the book a couple of days ago.
Mate you just blow my mind!
I was already bothered by spending all my time on a chair staring at a screen up to 8h (web dev) a day for two reason.
1: no time left for the wife, kids and friends
2: how bad for the health it is. it's literally like being in a full size cast. Same range of motions while seating, walking or driving.
I had my spine taking a bad curve and a F*cking nerd neck. I'm practicing yoga every single day now since a year, and everything's back to normal + all the benefit it can gives you!
But reading it was a kick in the but. Guys it's nice to solve others problem but don't forget your health because as @MJ DeMarco said the decisions you make now will have major impacts on your life later. Don't forget your health to enjoy wealth!

Kfirdragon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
May 28, 2019
Alberta
I’ve read the book. I always followed it but couldn’t really put to words what I looking for in a business and all of that, it made it really simple for me to explain what should be present in a business. It was pretty common sense for me but I guess not for others. Nevertheless one my favourite books because it really straight to the point. Also, it explained in detail why I used to like Tony Robbins but can’t seem to like him now.

motocoyote

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jun 4, 2019
Dallas

Thanks, MJ

I have read the Millionaire Fastlane and it opened my eyes! Now halfway through Unscripted . Thank you for this important work! It is changing my life as we speak!

motocoyote

nelnhf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 19, 2019
I've read the book and it's totally eye-opening and inspiring! I have a new way of looking at business ideas now and I'm absolutely excited about what's to come. This is definitely a book which I will want to read again when my business is up, I believe I will derive new insights when I do so. Thank you MJ.

Erik Heyl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 31, 2014
I've read it and have it in Kindle, physical and audible format (repetition being the mother of mastery and understanding...)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.