The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

jeroen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 14, 2017
Netherlands
Interesting to see someone read the books in reverse order, UNSCRIPTED then TMF . I'm starting to get a few of those.
This order helps me to reinforce some concepts, maybe re-reading/listening to the same book has that same impact.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Karee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 7, 2017
Boulder Creek, CA
I finished Fastlane last night, and although I have already been on a path to make some changes in my life, I felt like this book was speaking directly to me a few times. Thank you @MJ DeMarco for some tough talk. Although I have no regrets, it's hard to swallow being 52 and not being where you want to be in life.

My plan of action:
First, I'm taking 2 weeks off in August to work on my business idea, and get things in place. Second, I am going to quit (technically retire) from my government job in December and work towards my goals.

Sounds simple, but there is more to go into this... figuring out insurance, my 2 kids in college, cutting back on spending, reducing our mortgage payments (currently we're doubling down), but after ten years at the same job, I'm so dull, and so done, and I'm excited to see what I can accomplish. I'm so excited, thanks MJ for your help!

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Hi everyone, Hi MJ DeMarco,

I read the book in 3 days (my mother tongue is french). It captivated me and really resonates with my perception of life, entrepreneurship, wealth, money.
I am now reading Unscripted , and even if it has good content and deep insights, the core fundamentals are mainly the one of The Millionaire Fastlane .

I don't understand deeply how this forum works but I'll do my best to take the most out of it : finishing my master's degree in business and finance here in France, I am really interested in building businesses. Not "interested" that lead to Watch movies about it, "interested" leading to put my hands dirty. I took additional night classes about entrepreneurship, participated in sales competition, and have now written a business plan about an idea that has been on my mind since a dozen months, in the food sector.

Hope that I'll be able to contribute to this forum and that I'll be able to give as much as you gave me, with this new paradygm and vision about the Fastlane. I knew it deeply, but you kind of "opened my eyes".

Good day to everyone,

Best,

Marc Buzy
Bon courage Marc, le secteur Alimentaire est difficile, encore plus pour le Smart Food. (si jamais c'est ton idée).
Mais si ton idée est originale ça pourrait fonctionner ;)

MattStefanik

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 20, 2017
Waxhaw, NC
Listened to the book on Audible and loved it, which is why I got "Unscripted " as soon as it came out on Audible last month. I love MJ's no BS, tell-it-to-you-straight, f**k you attitude, which sings to me as a rebel entrepreneur. :playful:

Autobahn1985

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
May 10, 2017
Germany
read it and am currently trying to a) find a new way to apply the CENTS formula to my business; and b) implement more automations in my business, since it's very dependend on human workers right now...

Last edited by a moderator:

mathnkrayon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jul 9, 2017
Philippines
Ok I admit...blame me... I read it out of curiosity.., now I'm working 8am-12am. No, it didn't gave me the motivation to worked hard but it change my mindset then it changed me

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
I've just finished it and now I'm taking the first few steps of Financial Literacy and coming up with good ideas. It's easy to read but it's time to put these things into practice.

Edit legendary ideas. Go big or go Slowlne/sidewalk. ;)

Marcus B

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 11, 2017
Pau, France
Bon courage Marc, le secteur Alimentaire est difficile, encore plus pour le Smart Food. (si jamais c'est ton idée).
Mais si ton idée est originale ça pourrait fonctionner ;)

Bonjour Alessio ! Merci pour ton soutien.

L'idée est assez originale, reste à la réaliser et à s'appliquer dans l'exécution.
Je vous en dirai un peu plus lorsque je me dédierai à 100% au projet, et lorsque l'on aura mis en place la structure adaptée au lancement ! Il me tarde !
As-tu aussi des projets en cours?

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Bonjour Alessio ! Merci pour ton soutien.

L'idée est assez originale, reste à la réaliser et à s'appliquer dans l'exécution.
Je vous en dirai un peu plus lorsque je me dédierai à 100% au projet, et lorsque l'on aura mis en place la structure adaptée au lancement ! Il me tarde !
As-tu aussi des projets en cours?
J'ai également des projets, en attente depuis 4 mois malgré ma volonté d'agir, je suis en attente d'un local commercial adéquate pour créer mon propre commerce !
Je prospecte le plus possible mais rien n'apparait..patience patience..!

ToraBro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jul 17, 2017
Japan
Just finished reading the book, thank you MJ for providing people that want to live a lifestyle of freedom major inspiration, motivation, and the process of how to achieve dreams.

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
Finished reading it as well. The stuff taught on this book make so much sense and should be common sense. It just hurts my head thinking that before this I thought that taking the slowlane path could make me rich and achieve my dreams. Thanks MJ for putting all this information on paper, without it, I probably would still think that working my butt off 40h/week at some company will, one day, get me to where I want to be. Now that is just a bad joke for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.