The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

djrobinson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 27, 2012
Oklahoma
1. I thumbed through the book about April of this year picking out some general ideas. I thought it had good info.
2. I actually sat down and read it in detail a second time around June of this year. I found the information incredible and started implementing.
3. I am now reading it a third time because I feel the information is priceless.

Thanks MJ for taking the time to write a book that I'm sure will change the lives of many, IF they/we decide to take action on it. I know I am and it's already starting to pick up momentum for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

djrobinson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 27, 2012
Oklahoma
1. I thumbed through the book about April of this year picking out some general ideas. I thought it had good info.
2. I actually sat down and read it in detail a second time around June of this year. I found the information incredible and started implementing.
3. I am now reading it a third time because I feel the information is priceless.

Thanks MJ for taking the time to write a book that I'm sure will change the lives of many, IF they/we decide to take action on it. I know I am and it's already starting to pick up momentum for me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey MJ, how do we go about adding the "I've Read It" picture to our profiles?

If you post here indicating you've read the book, it is added to a list that is updated every few weeks. Please be patient. :)

SQT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Dec 2, 2012
San Diego, CA
Read the book in two days and I'm for sure going to read it again to absorb more. Beginning the process of the fastlane by finding needs in an industry. Feels good to be on a road that will improve my chances to retire young and with freedom.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

nonbeliever

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 26, 2012
Awesome then we have something in common-- I didn't like your first 5 posts. Adios.

Not only that, remarkably my posts have just as much value as your book(s)-- none. Hasta luego.

(Ofcourse I'm only joking)

The book gets better at chapter 3.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Not only that, remarkably my posts have just as much value as your book(s)-- none.

Go home kid, your not going anywhere in life

This Fastlane Forum Members, is a fine example of the low life scum who feeds off of upsetting people to justify some sense of power in their lowly little lives, avoid scumbags like this at all costs.

Ban, ban, ban!

nonbeliever

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 26, 2012
What a great book. I`m almost finished (56pages left to read). It starts a bit boring, but once you get past that, there's so much information in it. Besides that, it is also very motivating!

FGV

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 4, 2012
Read the book, multiple times. A very good read. It's a refreshing book and and it's at the same time a source of very valuable information. Thanks MJ!

LRY

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 25, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
So I still cant believe i got this little gold mine for free over a year ago (at Fincon11) and I just started reading it a few weeks ago! I'm getting the updated version to give as a gift to my significant other.

JoeBloggs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 30, 2012
London
Initially I was put off the book by the garish cover but I decided to give it a go anyway after listening to MJ as a guest on a podcast. As soon I began reading the book it resonated with me and I ended up devouring it in one day. Then I read MJ's blog and watched all his YouTube videos.

I have read an awful lot of business books, almost all the ones recommended on the "recommended reading" thread. Most I read whilst working as a employee dreaming of owning my own business.

I would recommend most people thinking of starting a business to read The Millionaire Fastlane a couple of times, and if the message makes sense then just start. It doesn't matter terribly what you start, just start.

Brendan60Pilot

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 12, 2012
L.A... Lower Alabama!
I've read it!!!

I'ts funny, cause after reading the book, I enrolled in the Nx Level Buisness planning class offered through the SBA. All these people had all these ideas, and plans and thoughts, but very few were taking action. I got my group into the habit of going around the room and stating what they had done to further their agendas in the past week. It really helped keep people accountable.

cdrag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
I've been reading it during my morning commute on the "EL" and have a bit more to go until I can officially say that I've read it - So far it's an excellent read

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I found the website first when doing some research. Ended up getting hooked by some of the fantastic posts, found out the site owner also had a book and ordered it up. Just finished reading it this week and it was great!

It has been a long time since I read that book about a certain someone’s two dads, but that really didn’t do much other than make you feel good about yourself. That book was like “stop working for corporations and start owning corporations! Roflcopter!”. Gee thanks for the stellar advice, how exactly am I supposed to own a mega corporation when I can hardly even support myself and my leased BMW wit da phat rims yo(kidding!).

Fast forward to now and I find a book that actually tells you something about how to get those passive deposits! I am all about action and have always tried to take it, never really managed to though because I didn’t know where to even put my time and resources. After spending 3 years searching I finally find The Fast Lane, and within a week of finding this community I have some REAL direction and I have actually started something! Thanks MJ, life is good and it’s only getting better!

Oh, I am giving my copy of the book to one of my brothers this Christmas, I hope he can get as much out of it (and this community) as I have.

stroyer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 29, 2012
Australia
I've been reading the book every spare moment I've had, finished it last night before bed and I'm now more motivated to succeed than I've been in years! I've convinced my girlfriend to read it as well as a friend of mine so stuck on the sidewalk that he initially believed he couldn't even afford the $8 to buy it. The tools I've learned are so invaluable and I've already started my second reading.

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
I have read it. Invaluable information which I think that if it is followed success is inevitable. I am sure going to suggest it to anyone that has to do with business. Also, being a freelancer the past 5 years I understood why freelancing is not a business and all the mistakes I have done. Many thanks MJ for the info, its the least I can say.

ewH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Oct 30, 2012
I bought the Kindle version and finished reading it last week. What I liked the most about it is that it summarizes how I've always felt, but now I have the tools to turn my feelings into action.

When you are constantly barraged with people's baffled, judging looks as you tell them you're non-slowlane plans and dreams, it tends to chink away at your entreprenuerial armor ever so slowly. I plan to use TMF as my blacksmith as I now prepare for battle. Whenever the war is getting tough and the armor is getting a little ragged, I will reread TMF for repairs and motivation.

Thanks MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.