The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 3, 2012
I read it about a month ago and have since recommended it to at least three other people!

Snow

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 31, 2012
Norway
Finished it today. :)

One of the best books I've ever read - a great introduction to entrepreneurship. Very enlightening!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

comment

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 20, 2011
I've read the book, and now I'm listening to it in my car! Beat that.

Steele Concept

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 3, 2012
Connecticut
Read it twice and started a business. Posted a positive Amazon review as well. Nice job MJ. IMHO the best book I have read on entrepreneurship.

D

DeletedUser11

Ordered the book from amazon a month ago read it within a week. Couldn't wait to get crackin on my fastlane business :)

Niezbedny

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 24, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
I haven't been visiting the forum for a while. It's time to get back! I've read it quite a long time ago. And now I'm reading it again.

everest

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 30, 2012
Vancouver, bc
I just finished this book about an hour ago. I found this forum first and decided the amount of awesome information that was quoted from the book was worth the purchase. It read very well and the information extremely valuable. I have read a number of books on self entrepreneurship but this one really just cut to the chase about the mindset and how much effort it actually takes. I can't wait to read it again and take down some key notes.

Easy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 11, 2012
Read it, and loved it. Were it not recommended by someone whose expertise i trust, i would have skipped it on the title alone (I'm sure that comes up a lot).

Lgallion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 2, 2012
Not only have I read it (several times) I have purchased several copies to give away and my Amazon review includes this quote "This is the best overall business philosophy book I own and may be the best business book I own period". I am a huge fan.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Read it. Loved it. Going into the high school I graduated from to talk to people not interested in college and what opportunities they have in life. I will have several copies of it on hand to give out.:thumbsup:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Read and loved the book!
I have read a number of books on self entrepreneurship but this one really just cut to the chase about the mindset and how much effort it actually takes. I can't wait to read it again and take down some key notes.
osted a positive Amazon review as well. Nice job MJ. IMHO the best book I have read on entrepreneurship.
since recommended it to at least three other people!
It's a very good book!
I miss my sign that says "I've read it."
Heck I've even driven around the neighborhood trying to run into MJ in his Lambo... No luck yet!
I've read it. Twice. Never read a book that changed so much my mindset about business. Amazing book!
Inspiring and motivating even for an expert entrepreneur.
This is one of the greatest books ever! Thanks for taking your valuable time to write it.

Thanks ya'll!

Icon(s) added.

:)

thinslicer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Aug 13, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I just finished the book minutes ago on my Kindle app and I think it's amazing and life-changing, quite literally, because it had pushed me to make the decision that I wanted to do for a while now which is to drop out of graduate school and leave the slowlane and stop saying "someday" and "tomorrow".

I have read this book slowly and taking many notes, bookmarks, and highlights and I have to say MJ you have opened my eyes to the world of business. I know this book will provide the foundation to my future success. I would recommend this book to anybody interesting in attaining wealth, actually at first, I thought about not telling anyone since I see it as a secret or as a hidden gem of sort haha, but I know this book will make the world a better place so I plan to recommend to all aspiring entrepreneurs........and most definitely to my future kids!!!! :D

Dom117

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 17, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
I have read it and loved it!

I haven't come across much informative books that made me want to read more and more.
This one really made me look forword to the evening so that could read some more chapters, very good writing MJ.
I must say it's the best book I have read on this subject so far.

Thanks!

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
MJ, you come up with the best analogies for business practices and life in general. Usually I read a book and forget a lot of the important details and must re-read and sometimes write down information just to remember. With your book I can rattle off and remember most of the heart of the book because you have an amazing ability to use symbols and analogies to get your point across and instill it in my mind. I am so lucky to have found and read this book, and like you say in your book, word of mouth spreads. I literally cannot stop thinking/talking about this book to anyone that truly is looking for financial freedom. Next step, Execution!

thinslicer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Aug 13, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
MJ, you come up with the best analogies for business practices and life in general.

I agree, the analogies are very profound and they made the great concepts extra amazing. I love the Chuma and Azur stories, the chess analogies, etc. Actually, when reading the book, I thought of a lot of business ideas, and hopefully I will execute the good ones.

princesslane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Mar 10, 2012
houston, TX
i have read the book! It is one of the most important books on my shelf. I bought it on kindle and then I order a physical book so I can have the origional cover.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I've read it. Was a hard read because anytime you made a good point I wanted to get up and keep moving forward with my project, but then I was like "wait, he probably has even MORE good points in the book, I should get back to reading". Awesome book is an understatement.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Read the book...pissed me off because I have to go to my job everyday and not at the point of quitting yet :) I know I will struggle with going every day while I conjure up some ideas to get the ball rolling on. Very inspirational, and love the "bluntness." Thanks MJ!

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
WOW! so exhilarating, and jaw dropping. So truthful and straightforward, it's a mind opener ! Anyone who is even remotely interested in the Fastlane NEEDS to read this book. A true gem!

FearAverage

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jul 22, 2012
The Netherlands
Read it 2 times and listened to the e-book while at the gym.
Have to agree with the comments on the previous page, the book was VERY well written.
Since I'm not a native english speaker I sometimes found it difficult to digest all this information, but you're analogies helped a lot!

Now it's time to take action!

Quou

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 24, 2012
Hi MJ,

I have just finished the book, and loved it. Were it not recommended by someone whom I respect, i would have skipped it on the title alone.

Your breakdown of the CENTS factors, made very clear something I was vaguely aware of while starting my various business ventures. But I hadn't quantified it and sometimes missed one or more factors when making a decision in business. This eventually meant that the business didn't get me were I wanted to go.

Thank you for clarifying the CENTS factors and making my future business decisions more predictable.

Q.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.