The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

JagerMario

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 14, 2012
Got it from a friend that also loved it and it really motivated me. Made me pick up on an idea that i was sitting on for a while. Thanks MJ!

mordr3d

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 17, 2012
Just finished reading fastlane. This book changes the way you look at your future and the way you plan it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

futhey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 18, 2012
What else do I have to do to get the badge? (Patience is not my area of expertise... haha)

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I've read the book!

I loved this book- thank you for writing it.

Please hook me up with this:

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This book is bad a$$!
I've read the book and am busy reading it for the second time.
Really like your writing style and the fact that you own the publishing company
I personally like how you take some more complex concepts and distill them down to practical applications.
Great book!
MJ, I have read the book (several times) and thought it is one of the best books on making money out there.
changed my life!
I can't thank you enough MJ for writing it!

Music to my ears! Icons added! (Finally!)

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I read it for the second time. The first time it confused the hell out of me. Complete culture shock I guess. But, after working at an internship and seeing how it goes in the cooperate world, I just know I am not cut for it. I don't even want to be. It sucks to make others rich while giving your own time away 5 days a week, 8 hours a day for the rest of my life. No way. When I read TFM the first time, I got completely compulsive. I started with webdesign wanting to build a webdesign company and what not..but school took over. I had to work hard so I can graduate next year. Otherwise, my loan would not become a gift and things would become very expensive for me. I passed and will graduate next year.

The slowlane is my back up plan. I read the book again and realise how badly I would feel if I do not chase my dreams. It's amazing how this books reads differently for the second time, It must mean my mindset has changed.
My dreams are not having a lambo, I am more a Mustang type guy. But, I do want a life full of freedom, with an awesome house on the beach spending my time chilling around and doing things I love. A 9 till 5 job will never do it for me.

I now focus on writing. I am going to publish a book and will work my butt off to become an succesful author. Its not an event. I have set my plan out and will keep at it.

Thank you MJ. This forum and your book literally kicked my ground under me but it made me want to chase my dreams because I realise how it could become possible. Most books are just feel good nonsense 'folllow your dream'. For more 'realistic' people that just motivates while life takes over. Motivating never lasts long. Good plans do. TFM shows you the way without becoming unrealistic. It's possible, there is a chance and if you are willing to commit It might come to you. No gaurantees, but a way bigger chance then ever getting rich with the 'slownlane'. The slowlane doesn't look so bad now since I know its a back up plan I can still work without much stress. Without much stress because I don't care about climbing that stupid ladder. It's nothing more then a back up plan. I am not going to join that insane rat race. All I need is 1 home run. I will work super hard at becoming an good author.

Why writing? Because I know I have talent. Its not even a hobby so its not 'doing what I love'. I can become good at it and I will nail it. Again, thanks, for showing me a way to make my dreams come through.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Amazing book. Writing a book is hard. And being a good writer is even harder. Every high school student should be forced to read this book instead of your typical english literature.

One thing I wish people would do when they read TMF is to read it VERY carefully and understand that there are sentences in the book that really pack a punch. You need to really think about how all the concepts relate to real life.

The VAST majority of the people that read this book will never succeed. These people(the majority) are usually filled with vanity(I wanna start a business so I can call myself a CEO! or I wanna be rich!) and a very stubborn "know it all" syndrome and lack self introspective analysis and critical thinking thought process. Sad truth. Make sure you are not one of them.

I would not be surprised if TMF sells millions. It's better than rich dad poor dad; I think that book has a hidden agenda and I don't trust the author.

The reason I bought the book was because of the reviews and the great writing sample. As well as the page count given the quality writing.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Every high school student should be forced to read this book instead of your typical english literature.

Agreed. I think the combo of TMF and "How To Win Friends and Influence People" would be a deadly combination for a highschooler to read. If only I was so lucky to read these two books at an early age, things might have been a little different for me right now.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I don't understand this part in the book: Industry Multiplier.
It's the first time in the book you might need some economic background haha I don't get it.
Why does something multi by 6? How does an industry come to that?

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I've read the book, which lead me to this forum

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
It is interesting to see how the command of entry is the major reason the slowlane might be a bigger risk then the fastlane. So many people get their diplomas. Only the best of the best have a chance of getting to the top. So many people are not even invited for an interview. Too much supply. Hmm maybe it falls under the catagory of need aswell. The supply is way to high.

ashj1893

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm very late to this thread, lol but yea, I've read the book...even have it saved on my laptop....I'll pull a quote from the book that really had me thinking....

"A scattered focus leads to scattered results." - MJ DeMarco

GuyJeb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 27, 2011
I've read this book last summer. However, seeing MJ's recent video on Sidewalkers basically woke me up. I have got to start taking action on my own life instead of going to my escapes.

Thanks MJ for keeping it Authentic. You seriously need to do videos like this more often.

-GuyJeb

Ozz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
May 18, 2012
Everywhere
Best book I've ever read. Definitely changes your mindset on some things.

Actually have had it read since June but didn't know this thread existed.. :smx9:

FrankD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jul 18, 2012
Cleveland, OH
After a friend suggested the book and offered to buy it for me, I convinced him to let me borrow it first, and if I liked it I would buy it... Well, I read about 3 chapters and instantly bought the book. Best book on this subject that I have ever read. It has completely changed my point of view on many things. I often find myself thinking more from the "producer" standpoint and how I can add value to someone's life. Every day it seems I think up a new idea of some sort. Nothing turned into $ yet, but definitely a great kick-starter!

Thanks MJ for such a great book!

dividedfork

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 16, 2012
Reading it for the 2nd time & finding more inspiration. And in a few more months will read it again. Thanks MJ for opening my eyes.

RevItUp

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 19, 2012
I read the book!

I love how DeMarco take no prisoners by polarizing Tim Ferriss, Suze Orman, and Dave Ramsey.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.