The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A-LX

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 19, 2011
Read it not to long ago, really liked it, I'm looking forward to pursuing my own fastlane path

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
It is the best ever

Yes, I read the Millionaire Fastlane .

I think it the best entrepreneur book ever. I am not saying this lightly. I think I've read over 200 entrepeneur books in my life and I wrote four books about venture capital.

And I've never read anything like his.

MJ DeMarco is as far as I can see at this point the Einstein of entrepreneurship. He cracked the code and wrote it down.

Kudos to MJ. I will look forward to anything else he produces in future.

ajm1966

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 12, 2011
Just finished my first read! What a great book.

My mind is certainly fixed on moving down the fast lane, wish me luck

Chuck

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 20, 2011
I have purchased and read tons of books on business wealth mindset, MJ's is by far the most insightful, precise and on-target than literally every single one, even the classics. This was one of the very rare occasions that by the half-way point into the book, I could honestly say that "even if the rest of the book was useless, it was STILL the best wealth and money ideas that I have ever come come accross". One part of me want to tell everyone that this is a MUST READ, the other? hmmm...maybe we should keep this incredible info to ourselves. MJ has overdelivered on his offer to share his knowlege 10,000%.

IdeasMan

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 21, 2011
Fastlane truly has motivated me. My mindset is changing from a life long consumer to that of a producer. I am determined to use the vast number of people to make my wealth instead of trading my hours for dollars. This book has help me take the next step from ideas to action. I am so happy I came across this book that gets into the philosophy of a millionaires.

User Name

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 21, 2011
I finished reading the book today, via Kindle! It has helped to open my eyes a bit further about creating wealth, and left me confused on some things...like what to do with a business opportunity I just sunk some money into...so, I need all the advice I can get, and am grateful that I am able to sit at the feet and learn from those who have walked the walk. Thanks MJ!

danno

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 22, 2011
Hey Everyone,

I've just finished the book. I'm sure it's all been said before but I can't remember ever reading a book that made so much sense, cut through all the clutter and BS and really made me reflect on my path and the choices/decicions that lie ahead.
Great stuff, thanks MJ

Dan

Joey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Aug 22, 2011
Texas
I just finished reading the book this past Saturday. Couldn't put it down and ended up staying up until 4am in the morning when I finished!

I was checking out Amazon looking for "The Millionaire Next Door" but one of the reviews turned me off from buying the book and I saw 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' and I ALMOST passed on it due to the title sounding 'gimmicky' (get rich easy). But all the great reviews made me reconsider and I bought it.

I had started falling for the whole "Get Rich Slow" mentality and I am so glad that I found this book and that "Get Rich Fast" IS possible.

jfub

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 22, 2011
Just finished reading your book. Personally, I can confidently say that as far as motivation and transitioning from the idea to actual implementation, your book surpasses Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

The only thing keeping me from locking myself in my room to brainstorm is finishing my degree.

Thanks!

dcarter

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 22, 2011
Slow lane to Side walk, next step Fast lane

Doing a quick second read of the book now. I've spent many years in the slow lane and have experienced the pit falls you pointed out. After a cancer scare in the family a few years ago we moved to the side walk to enjoy now what we have. This decision lead us to where we are now; lifestyle servitude. This book has opened my eyes to the fast lane option. I've already started thinking as a producer. Taking baby steps but will soon be at full stride.

RollsRhys

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 22, 2011
Seattle, WA
Page 1 to Done in Three Days

I flew through this awesome book, and finally the path I feel like I've been stumbling for blindly in the dark has been brilliantly illuminated with a damn flood light. Thank you!

Since I was 21, I've been experimenting with my own businesses, and more often then not, I've only ever ended up giving myself a cage to suffer in. My businesses were never ones that ran themselves, and in order to make more money, I had to work more. I hated this. And worst of all, these businesses which often revolved around things that I love have really soured my drive to keep up these things. My businesses were jobs that I ended up building for myself and now, as my 26th rapidly approaches, I've had enough.

I realized that my dreams are waaaaay too big for the way I was thinking about my business. I won't EVER have a Rolls Royce, a big house in a beautiful neighborhood or the luxury of spending as much time as I want doing the things I want if I'm perpetually selling my time and talent the way I have been. And in my industry (graphic design and advertising) I realize that it would probably take so long to build up an ad agency in today's crowded agency playing field that even if I WAS able to do it, it might not be able to give me that Rolls Royce until I'm 50 or older. Never mind the fact that those in the ad business have shorter-than-normal life spans typically. I don't want a Rolls Royce coffin!

I look forward to sharing my many, many, many failures (both in business and in thought) on my way to wealth on this forum now that I've arrived. And I've already started moving in the right direction. My turn signal is on and its time to really, seriously enter the fast lane once and for all!

Thank you MJ!

Pat Braswell

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 22, 2011
St. Augustine, FL - soon to be Baltimore, MD
I have read almost every popular business book, financial motivation guide and even straight up "how-to's", but none have resounded so immensely than "The Millionaire Fastlane ". Honestly, I thought you were full of shit when I listened to you on Mixergy and Smart Passive Income. I decided to pick the book up anyway and I wouldn't say it blew me away but helped me realize what I needed to do.

The biggest take away's were 1.) Don't create a business around your passion. 2.) The value of selling your business and the multiplier effect. These probably are the last takeaway's that everyone else in the community had, but the power of those two statements really jumped off the page as the difference maker of this book from others. I love Tim Ferriss. I enjoy Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Suze sucks. I also really really enjoy 37signals. This book really changed my perspective on a life that I have been trying to lead.

Thank you MJ and I hope we get to chat soon.

Noelle

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 22, 2011
Wow, all I have to say is how amazed I am that I've found this wonderful way of life!

I made my way to the forum after buying the book for my Kindle on Amazon. It was recommended to me from another like-minded forum and I have to say the the combination of both forums and this book are flipping so many light bulbs for me it's not even funny!

I haven't quite finished the book yet, but my wheels hare turning like mad. All I have to say is I'm grateful to have found this opportunity and I'm excited to get on my own Fastlane!

evanwebb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 31, 2011
Austin, TX
I read the book this spring. It was very insightful, yet frustrating, yet inspiring. It lit a bit of a fire under me to get going and quit learning and analyzing and just start doing! I'm meeting with a friend tonight to discuss what could potentially grow into our first fastlane business, Lord willing.

I gave my copy of the book to my brother.

NoiZZ

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 26, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
I have read the book and decided to join the Fastlane way and Fastlane forum to keep the momentum.
Great book although at the beginning I was quite sceptical - just another 'get rich' book.
But then, page by page, I was changing my mind...

Thanks MJ, hope your advices will bring life to my life :)

Mixmasta

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 26, 2011
I ordered the book without knowing about this community and what MJ actually did and I am pleasantly surprised. Read the book in about 2 days, marked my favourite parts and took lots of notes.
I am your classical entrepreneur that did not do everything right the first time around. Started 2 companies, in 2002 and 2006 and ended up trading time for money. First company is a service company with myself being the "talent" and the second one is a retail extension of it. Although the business(es) keep me somewhat over water, there is no potential for scaling and I'm working too many hours a day just to keep them alive. I realized around 2009 already that there is something wrong and that I hit a brick wall with what I can accomplish with these businesses. Around then I started reading piles of books about business, organization, psychology, etc. whatever I got my hands on that could remotely help me.
What I really liked about the Millionaire Fastlane is that it showed me very clearly what is wrong with my businesses and will hopefully get me over the hurdle of putting these dysfunctional businesses to rest and move on.
I know I will succeed and there might even be another one or two detours ahead, but once on the entrepreneurial route, you'll never wanna go back!

Writertalk

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2011
Texas
MJ,

I LOVED the book! I'm reading it a second time on my Kindle! What a fabulous read! Normally, I don't even leave comments or reviews but it was so great! As I was reading the part where you mentioned you were going to quit, I am so glad you didn't. This book ranks among greats such as Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People". For all of the truly motivated people out there, they should grab this book and not let go. If there are dream-stealers out there, is really a dream-giver type of book. When people try to squash our dreams, this is the perfect medicine.

Thanks for finishing the book.

Rachel (Writertalk)

matrixsurfer

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 26, 2011
Finished the book Friday, spent the weekend writing down ideas along with a qualifying, disqualifying spreadsheet; simply not gonna accept 'average' any more....

impact millions, make millions

..... I can live with that

braddprice

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 29, 2011
Just Finished

Read the book over the last few days. Great thought provoking read! I am helped.

I enjoy well defined alternate perspectives, (this book certainly qualifies) and even more so when they're right (qualifies there also). I read a lot of books, this one was as helpful and unique as any I've come across in a while. Thanks!

mrenner

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 30, 2011
I am in the process of reading the book for the second time! I had bought two other books along with this one, and MJ's book is far superior! Lots to learn and am enjoying the second read, it is quite eye opening to see how we've all been duped to be slow laners!

RDave

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 8, 2008
Read the book a while back, took it in slowly to let it sink in.. thanks for the memorable thought processes... I am off the sidewalk and processing the leverage part so hopefully will get to that fast lane. Thank you for so many words of wisdom.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks folks for the great feedback, all icons updated/added. =)

tobym66

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 24, 2011
I just finished reading the book and loved every bit of it. Now it's time to put it into action!

ageofz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Aug 30, 2011
Austin, Texas
I have read the book and I must say that MJ does the best job of any road to success book I've ever read. This book is cold, hard truth. Getting rich isn't easy, you will struggle, you will make mistakes, and you will have to work your a$$ off. MJ allows us to learn this by giving us insight on the struggles he had to overcome in his life to become a self-made millionaire (such as being broke and moving far away with barely enough money to cover rent). He teaches us not that wealth is more than just money - wealth is a process. Events don't make a person wealthy, experience does. Nor does money make a person wealthy - the three F's are key to true wealth. His formula for Financial freedom has changed my perspective on business forever.

I read this book in early March, when I was in the works of building an online business. Quite frankly, it couldn't have come at a better time. I read this book over a weekend and on Monday, I knew exactly how to make my business a fastlane business. I went from 0 a month to 12k a month in half a year because I followed the principles MJ outlined in this book. Thank you MJ.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.